Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B - Full fat Greek yoghurt with raspberries and a few fresh pomegranate seeds, flaked almonds and flaxseed . :p to the stooopid dietician
L - Whole avocado, crumbled stilton, pine nuts, cherry toms, on a bed of lettuce
D - Homemade chilli on a large bed of spinach and courgette ribbons and a dollop of soured cream. BS +2 = 6.9

3 x creamy coffees throughout the day and one square of Lindt 95%

None of the stooopid dieticians Ryvita, basmati rice or porridge, therefore no BS over 7 all day :p
Yaaay... :joyful:

Reactions: 4 people

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
What's Moser Roth? Is it black? I sometimes get overwhelmed with need and mix cacao powder with sweetener, butter and cream, heat slowly, stirring, sometimes add chopped hazelnuts and/or almonds, let it cool, put it in the fridge and then eat it when I want to! It's not much different to my hot chocolate I make but it's nice to have 'milk chocolate' sometimes... :)

This sounds delicious...

Moser Roth is a brand of chocolate that Aldi sells. They do plain dark chocolate (I think 85%) and also ones with soft centres which I try to avoid although they are delicious.

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My half chip butty became a whole one but 2 hrs after 7.5!

Did you test a little later too, to ensure you were on the way down? Sometimes the fat delays any spike, or with a following wind, it just levels it a bit, with the rise sometimes lasting a little longer.

Great score though for bread + chips.

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today's food:

B/L: steamed asparagus with dollop Mayo, half an avocado, scrambled eggs with cheese and tuna. Coffee with cream.
snack: handful pistachios and a few cashews.
dinner: out for dinner. About a square inch of garlic bread (to test whether the random added mustard would make it too spicy to give the baby), and a nice low carb dinner that didn't need any tweaking or special ordering: salmon fillet with roasted veg (brocolli, tomato, peppers, cauliflower) and rocket. Plus the bits of feta from my husband's Greek salad.

Reactions: 5 people

Kezzer4321

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Up & Down all week, no more palpitations which has been a relief, I put that down to stress mainly, my poor misses just diagnosed with an uncommon mouth cancer and we've spent past 3 weeks back and forth to hospital for umpteenth scans and MRI's, but due to have all cut out on Thursday, NHS have been brilliant!!!
Thoughts and prayers greatly appreciated :)

B small porridge
L salad by the Mrs
D som tam & a small cheeky cheesecake (to celebrate a quick appointment)
Thinking if you both and keeping everything crossed that things go well for your wife

Reactions: 6 people

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Odd day today but so far I've escaped BS punishment.
B: groats as usual which I won't detail since not many people can tolerate them.
L1: leftover fish stew with sardines and chilli added and some almond cheese bread with butter.
L2: Leftover fish stew with sardines and chilli added, Mrs D having refused to eat hers on the grounds that the smell made her feel sick, whereupon she made herself some cheese and ham on toast with Worcs sauce instead.
D: will be chicken tagine and steamed veg which I hope I don't have to eat all of myself.

Reactions: 9 people
S

Sable_Jan

Odd day today but so far I've escaped BS punishment.
B: groats as usual which I won't detail since not many people can tolerate them.
L1: leftover fish stew with sardines and chilli added and some almond cheese bread with butter.
L2: Leftover fish stew with sardines and chilli added, Mrs D having refused to eat hers on the grounds that the smell made her feel sick, whereupon she made herself some cheese and ham on toast with Worcs sauce instead.
D: will be chicken tagine and steamed veg which I hope I don't have to eat all of myself.
Afraid the fish stew didn't even SOUND very appetizing ;):eek:

Pasha

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Up & Down all week, no more palpitations which has been a relief, I put that down to stress mainly, my poor misses just diagnosed with an uncommon mouth cancer and we've spent past 3 weeks back and forth to hospital for umpteenth scans and MRI's, but due to have all cut out on Thursday, NHS have been brilliant!!!

B small porridge
L salad by the Mrs
D som tam & a small cheeky cheesecake (to celebrate a quick appointment)

Wishing you both all the best and a positive outcome for the trials ahead .

Reactions: 5 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
This sounds delicious...

Moser Roth is a brand of chocolate that Aldi sells. They do plain dark chocolate (I think 85%) and also ones with soft centres which I try to avoid although they are delicious.
Thank you...

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@pavlovsdog you had me lol for real with your comment... I remember once being so desperate for chocolate one night, that I pinched all the chocolate drops out of my housemates bag of dried fruit , nut & chocolate...luckily for me he didn't notice until the end, and when he mentioned it I said there must have been an issue at the factory lol - a few months later in a drunken haze I admitted my theft - 20 years on he still brings it up and embarrasses me when he tells the story at get togethers. Luckily since starting the LCHF diet i no longer crave chocolate, but have swapped my chocolate addition for a nut addiction .... :)
:hilarious:

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
B: bacon and mushroom
D: soft cheese wrapped in wafer thin ham
T: birds eye chicken grill, a very small amount of fried potatoes, green beans. :)
Very nice too... ☺️

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Espresso with cream
Cold sausage
Avocado with soft goat's cheese
Green smoothie with few berries
Made Friandes (small almond cakes) so I ate two☺️
Made crust less quiches and nibbled all the fillings... Mushrooms, bacon, cheese etc.
I shall have roast chicken and green veg for supper...
I cannot believe I ate so much by 'nibbling'

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Did you test a little later too, to ensure you were on the way down? Sometimes the fat delays any spike, or with a following wind, it just levels it a bit, with the rise sometimes lasting a little longer.

Great score though for bread + chips.

I didn't actually as I was going to bed, I know it might have carried on going up but sometimes ignorance is bliss!

pms543

Praying for mrs WS! not nice by any account....

Reactions: 7 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh Weirdy, so sorry to hear this!

Low carb important for both of you now! To starve her cancer cells (many types of cancer thrive on glucose!) and to keep you steady and with enough energy to cope.

Thinking of you.
Wishing you well.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Many thanks for your support everyone it's much appreciated, adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) is the ****** but hopefully caught early so positive thinking!
Yes Brunneria this has really changed her thinking about everything, eating so healthy which is good for me, she always did do low carb / sugar free (minus the rice addiction) prayers to Buddha at least 30 mins a day, aluminium free deodorant, the list goes on...really does shake your life up (for the better) but still thankful as there are plenty other people worse off in life!

S

Sable_Jan

Many thanks for your support everyone it's much appreciated, adenoid cystic carcinoma (ACC) is the ****** but hopefully caught early so positive thinking!
Yes Brunneria this has really changed her thinking about everything, eating so healthy which is good for me, she always did do low carb / sugar free (minus the rice addiction) prayers to Buddha at least 30 mins a day, aluminium free deodorant, the list goes on...really does shake your life up (for the better) but still thankful as there are plenty other people worse off in life!
Flor Essence is a herbal tea which may also help. If nothing else believe it is a good detox if chemo or other drugs used post op.
Cheaper to buy dried and brew yourself. Reduced mammary tumours one of our dogs had.

vicjord

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
B: soya yogurt small amount of granola
D: tongue and mayo sandwich made with one slice of bread.
T: chicken broccoli sweet corn 2 small new spuds.

Gave into some maltesers! :(

Reactions: 3 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
B: carvery breakfast. I weakened and had a spoon of their cheese n onion potato hash. Plus coffeencream. BG was ok. :happy:
L: forgot
D: 2 delish roast duck legs with a mountain of Delia Smiths divine spiced red cabbage recipe.
S: awesome slice of stracciatella cake (thanks @WhitbyJet for the recipe!)

Reactions: 7 people
Status
Not open for further replies.