Status
Not open for further replies.

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Re Sugar Free Jelly - bought those veg ones Delish? and tried to make a creamy jelly using double cream...didn't work!

Used to have it as a kid...anyone know what to add to the setting jelly to make it like a pink mousse thing please? ( am also gluten free so cant use anything that may be contaminated or not proven g/f ) Thanks
I think we whisked evaporated milk into it when it had cooled off a little... only half the amount of water though, topped up with 2/3 more of the Carnation... my mother made it and I made it for my kids - they don't make it for their kids for some reason... I must remind them about it.. :)

Reactions: 2 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Breakfast coffee, oat fruit own mix with goats milk, lunch two quorn picnic eggs, afternoon tea crab paste on two slices wholemeal seeded bread. All very nice but i would love a donut
Can you eat bread? Are you low-carbing?

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
That's what my Mum used to use but check the carbs with it being "milk" and not "cream"
There is that... forgot! How could I? :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I had avocado and buttered fried cabbage left over at 5.30am.... :eek: No, I can't believe it either... my Canadian friend made perfect buttered and salted popcorn last night in my house and I ate two handsful..... It didn't seem to spike me at all... I had a scotch as well though... :) I had veggie omelette and cheddar at the airport lounge at 9.30 and then a bubbly Easter brunch in the hotel at 1.30 - 3.... had seafood, salad and coleslaw, followed by rare rib of beef and steamed veg... followed by Reblechon and goats cheese.... everyone eating hotXbuns and puds galore... my husband had crepe filled with cherries and apple..... with vanilla ice-cream... I did not succumb.... will test in 15 minutes, but it should be good..... darn it.... No Easter egg either.... :(

Reactions: 3 people
S

Sable_Jan

I think we whisked evaporated milk into it when it had cooled off a little... only half the amount of water though, topped up with 2/3 more of the Carnation... my mother made it and I made it for my kids - they don't make it for their kids for some reason... I must remind them about it.. :)
Ooooh, yes, thats a good point HALF the water........clean forgot that bit :facepalm::facepalm:

S

Sable_Jan

Sable_Jan im not to bad with lidl seeded wholemeal bread, 2hrs later bs was 5.9 but when i have a scrape of fig jam, well i feel like a exploding rocket.
Haven't got a Lidl close by but my friend does..... will mention it......
thanks

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday: breakfast - leftover devilled eggs from Easter Saturday nibbles, half an avocado, smoked salmon, teaspoon hollandaise. Coffee with cream.

Lunch: leftover cauliflower tabbouleh and roast lamb. Some 70% cocoa Easter egg.

Dinner: wok of the following: mushrooms, onion, cabbage, kale, tuna, red pepper, a tomato, grated cheese, small amount of sweet corn, cooked in butter.

Snack: a scotch egg (bit carby but not too bad).

Meanwhile I felt really dizzy and unwell after taking my afternoon dose of blood pressure medication. I suspect I've lost enough weight to not need the same dose anymore (nearly 20kg). I have to go for a full set of bloods and then back to the doctor and will get it addressed then.

Reactions: 4 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had avocado and buttered fried cabbage left over at 5.30am.... :eek: No, I can't believe it either... my Canadian friend made perfect buttered and salted popcorn last night in my house and I ate two handsful..... It didn't seem to spike me at all... I had a scotch as well though... :) I had veggie omelette and cheddar at the airport lounge at 9.30 and then a bubbly Easter brunch in the hotel at 1.30 - 3.... had seafood, salad and coleslaw, followed by rare rib of beef and steamed veg... followed by Reblechon and goats cheese.... everyone eating hotXbuns and puds galore... my husband had crepe filled with cherries and apple..... with vanilla ice-cream... I did not succumb.... will test in 15 minutes, but it should be good..... darn it.... No Easter egg either.... :(

Super impressed @Susikav :playful:

DeejayR

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
B: Fried eggs, bacon & 1 slice buttered LivLife toast
Snack: creme egg halfway through 2-hour walk. Before walk 5.6, back home 5.5, retested 5.8.
L1: Sardines on fake focaccia bread with dash of cider vinegar
L2: Mixed salad, avocado, 2 cheeses, mayo
D: Will be shepherd's pie topped with celeriac, swede & cauli mash, plus steamed veg.

Actually I wouldn't call it an egg, more a chocolate acorn :wideyed:
Spot%20the%20fraud%20copy_zpsdumfc0na.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 12 people

kateincornwall

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
People who lie , animal cruelty , boredom and pineapple !
Breakfast poached egg , rasher of bacon
Lunch one slice of Burgen soya and linseed bread with home boiled ham and salad
Dinner , sad to say Lasagne and two pieces of garlic bread , very naughty , back on the wagon tomorrow .

S

Sable_Jan

Breakfast poached egg , rasher of bacon
Lunch one slice of Burgen soya and linseed bread with home boiled ham and salad
Dinner , sad to say Lasagne and two pieces of garlic bread , very naughty , back on the wagon tomorrow .
Including me that's the third 'naughty' person today ;):rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
1000 BS: 5.4 Fasting
½ Cheesey Veg Flax Muffin w/Cream Cheese & Tomato
1045 Coffee w/Cream
1315 BS: 5.4
Vegetable Soup w/Grated Cheese
Hard Boiled Egg
Mandarin
1500 BS: 5.9
Coffee w/Cream
1600 ½ Apple w/Nut Butter
1800 BS: 5.1
Roast Pork w/Apple Sauce & Gravy
Brussels Sprouts, Carrots, Broccolini, Green Beans, Cauliflower Mash
2130 BS: 5.7

Reactions: 6 people

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Today breakfast was 40g oatmeal porridge with chopped apple banana and cream tsp honey, i know it spikes me but i had to have it so i bolused for it. Then i had egg mayo mid afternoon after my 5k run plus whey protein drink. tea was crab fish cakes and salad. This evening i crumbled and had half bag of walkers spicy mix ups and a rum and diet coke and watched the vikings on amazon. It is bank holiday though dagnabit ;)

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Today breakfast was 40g oatmeal porridge with chopped apple banana and cream tsp honey, i know it spikes me but i had to have it so i bolused for it. Then i had egg mayo mid afternoon after my 5k run plus whey protein drink. tea was crab fish cakes and salad. This evening i crumbled and had half bag of walkers spicy mix ups and a rum and diet coke and watched the vikings on amazon. It is bank holiday though dagnabit ;)
Mmmm Crab Fish Cakes sound good :)

S

Sable_Jan

Back to usual cereal mix, oats, bean sticks seeds nuts etc
Dinner 6hrs later smoked gammon and fried eggs
Tea have made a version of bean and bacon soup using gammon, lentils, haricot beans split peas end of pkt of broth mix tin of toms celery veg stock cube...

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well after doing a treble somersault, double backflip off the back of the lowcarb wagon last thursday :blackeye:, i decided to crawl back on it today :clown:. I did enjoy what i ate over the weekend (shush cant tell you what though:bag:), but i am glad to get back to what i now consider normal :cool:.
B. 2 boiled eggs, 2 rashers bacon.
L. Veg soup, 2 breakfast balls.
S.1 slice of toast
D. Chicken breast, curried veg, cauliflower rice. Sugarfree jelly n cream. bg post 2h 7.0

Reactions: 7 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
I've been the same as HA3 over Easter
Dinner at my brothers yesterday Roast turkey with all trimmings, 5.7 pre & 7.2 post 2 hr, thought I'd got away with it nicely, checked at 5 hr, 9.6 lol which resulted in FBG today of 10.7
B mushrooms & cherry tomatoes, post 2hr 11 :(
L som tam, few pork scratchings, 7.0 pre 7.9 post
D fry up, jelly 6.1 pre, post tbc
Glad to be back at work and in routine!

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.