Not open for further replies.

Hedonista

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: Garlic Mushrooms on Almond Bread
Lunch: Two Baby Bels on the run
Dinner: Vegetables in spicy peanut sauce - absolutely delicious!

No idea about BG levels, have got a bit sick of checking and am having a couple of days off.

Reactions: 4 people
S

Sable_Jan

Well after doing a treble somersault, double backflip off the back of the lowcarb wagon last thursday :blackeye:, i decided to crawl back on it today :clown:. I did enjoy what i ate over the weekend (shush cant tell you what though:bag:), but i am glad to get back to what i now consider normal :cool:.
B. 2 boiled eggs, 2 rashers bacon.
L. Veg soup, 2 breakfast balls.
S.1 slice of toast
D. Chicken breast, curried veg, cauliflower rice. Sugarfree jelly n cream. bg post 2h 7.0
We'll done! It's sometimes far harder to get back on again....:eek:

S

Sable_Jan

I've been the same as HA3 over Easter
Dinner at my brothers yesterday Roast turkey with all trimmings, 5.7 pre & 7.2 post 2 hr, thought I'd got away with it nicely, checked at 5 hr, 9.6 lol which resulted in FBG today of 10.7
B mushrooms & cherry tomatoes, post 2hr 11 :(
L som tam, few pork scratchings, 7.0 pre 7.9 post
D fry up, jelly 6.1 pre, post tbc
Glad to be back at work and in routine!
Mine was high today... Pre dinner (6 hrs after breakfast) 6.1 post 6.2 had hoped for a drop as only had gammon and eggs. Forgot to test before I went out for tea... Pulses don't normally spike me but I'll test shortly. Think co-codamol are putting me high towards normal :(

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
a.m 2 x pieces of wholemeal toast 9g each with lc peanut butter and bullet proof coffee. p.m fried egg, bacon and tomatoes. 5k run, then toast again with jam as bg ran low. later boiled Kippers, frugal day.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mikeyoungish1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Breakfast late 11.20am bit chow mein & sweet sour chicken. Lunch late 3pm donut & apple turnover. Evening dinner 7pm fish, vegies. Supper 11.45pm crab seeded wholemeal sandwich. Today i was obviously bad but i fancied & planned my meds around my bad food. It did work with a long walk. Type2 met & glic.

Reactions: 6 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast late 11.20am bit chow mein & sweet sour chicken. Lunch late 3pm donut & apple turnover. Evening dinner 7pm fish, vegies. Supper 11.45pm crab seeded wholemeal sandwich. Today i was obviously bad but i fancied & planned my meds around my bad food. It did work with a long walk. Type2 met & glic.
What the heck were your bloods after that lot?

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Getting some readings in the 4's lately. I used to sit in low 6's all day when I low carb, seems there's been a shift in the right direction :)

0645 Fasting BS: 4.7
Peppermint Tea
0730 20 Min Walk
0840 Cheesey Veg Flax & Bran Muffin w/Butter & Marmite
Mandarin
0930 Weights: PT Legs 40 Mins
1040 BS: 5.0
Coffee w/Cream
1100 ½ Apple & Hard Boiled Egg
1130 Coffee w/Cream
1310 BS: 5.7
Red Pepper, Carrot & Tomato Soup
Lettuce Cups w/Fetta, Tomato, Olives, Red Onion & Olive Oil
1510 BS: 4.9
Tea
1600 ½ Apple & Mixed Nuts
Tea
1800 BS: 5
Stir Fry Barramandi & Vegetables w/Oyster Sauce
No Carb Noodles
2000 BS: 5.1
Yogurt w/Berries

Reactions: 11 people

Ellie-70

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning: Tea with homemade ground nut biscuit, Greek Yogurt with a few berries and walnuts. Small piece of dark chocolate Easter Egg.
Afternoon: Tea with homemade ground nut biscuit again.
Evening: 2 egg mushroom omelette. Tea with homemade ground nut biscuit (again - I really need to stop baking these things)
Night: Brandy with diet 7Up. Small 'funsize' apple.
All day: Drank way too much water, that diabetic thirst hasn't abated yet. I am getting my first meter tomorrow so hoping to get rid of the thirst through better control of my blood glucose.

Reactions: 8 people

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
Morning: Tea with homemade ground nut biscuit, Greek Yogurt with a few berries and walnuts. Small piece of dark chocolate Easter Egg.
Afternoon: Tea with homemade ground nut biscuit again.
Evening: 2 egg mushroom omelette. Tea with homemade ground nut biscuit (again - I really need to stop baking these things)
Night: Brandy with diet 7Up. Small 'funsize' apple.
All day: Drank way too much water, that diabetic thirst hasn't abated yet. I am getting my first meter tomorrow so hoping to get rid of the thirst through better control of my blood glucose.
Hi Ellie-70... welcome... check out the low-carb recipe thread here - some really lovely recipes to be had... and they are tried and tested too... :) Good luck with the testing - it is very interesting to see the results... you can ask any questions you like on this thread, someone will always help you - these guys are very well-informed and seasoned 'testers' - and they are kind and supportive.. :)

Susikav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Diabetes and ulcerative colitis.... :) Rude people... Violence.... and the amount of time I spend away from my beautiful family in the UK...
B: Scrambled egg, bacon, sausage and mushroom... coffee with cream
L: Huge green salad with radish and grilled halloumi cheese - very small glass red wine and four chocolate almonds :greedy: Coffee with cream
D: A few bits of veg and cheese... a couple of slices of roast lamb... water...

My readings were still higher than I like all day.. I know I'm in a hotel, but apart from the sausage's unknown contents everything else was very low carb - I can usually have a couple of those chocolate almonds with no spikes to speak of as long as I've had food already... the reading was high after breakfast... Unless it's the strips - I'm using the AccuChek Active at the moment...

Blessedarethecheesemakers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yesterday:

B/L (after fasting bloods taken) - in a cafe, cheese and mushroom omelette, 2 rashers bacon, salad and coleslaw. Dinner: 2 lamb and thyme burgers, and some swede noodles (a new experiment) cooked in butter and garlic oil, with cherry tomatoes, kale and grated cheddar. Spoon of aioli. Then some dark choc Lindt bunny, and some cheese. I didn't get to test after that little lot as I was busy with the baby. In other news had my first retinopathy exam today and all is well on that front.

Here are the swede noodles. Quite convincingly spagetti-like, no?

ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1428477990.034355.jpg

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Having had to knock all the cereals on the head...
Breakfast. My fave now i'm lc... bacon, mature cheddar cheese, rosemary and mixed herbs, onion, cherry tomatoes, sea salt, ground black pepper, Ohm'lette topped with spinach, pan fried in olive oil and finished off under the grill with a cuppa. I have to pinch myself all that and a full belly and just 7g.

IMG_0098.JPG

T'was so nice i didn't want to give the dog any but he looked at me with those eyes and managed to haggle it off me.

Hour later bg steady at 6.3 no spike. Result... ;)
12:45pm BG update 5.3 :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Yesterday:

B/L (after fasting bloods taken) - in a cafe, cheese and mushroom omelette, 2 rashers bacon, salad and coleslaw. Dinner: 2 lamb and thyme burgers, and some swede noodles (a new experiment) cooked in butter and garlic oil, with cherry tomatoes, kale and grated cheddar. Spoon of aioli. Then some dark choc Lindt bunny, and some cheese. I didn't get to test after that little lot as I was busy with the baby. In other news had my first retinopathy exam today and all is well on that front.

Here are the swede noodles. Quite convincingly spagetti-like, no?

View attachment 12888
Did you make the swede noodles with a vegetable spiraller? I often make the zuchinni noodles that way and was wondering what other vegetables would work. Is swede low carb?

Reactions: 2 people

Lesleywo

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
My addiction to carbs
Fancied some sort of cereal so made some low carb muesli with nuts, seeds, coconut, chia bran & cinnamon. Needed some fibre (if you get my drift)

0630 Peppermint Tea x 2
0715 25 Min Walk
0820 BS: 4.9
Low Carb Muesli w/Diluted Cream & ¼ C Blueberries
0930 Weights: PT 40 Mins Upper Body
1040 BS: 5.4
Coffee w/Cream
1130 Ham & Sliced Tomato
1300 BS: 5.5
Cauliflower Soup
Flax Crackers w/Cheese, Black Olives & Tomatoes
1500 BS: 5.9
1600 Protein FX Drink & Mandarin
Tea
1800 BS: 5.1
1845 Marrow Stuffed w/Bacon, Onion, Peppers, Mushrooms, Chicken & Cheese
Lettuce, Cucumber & Red Capsicum
2100 BS: 5
Apple
Tea

Spencer67

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Carbs and Blue Meanies
Breakfast: Garlic Mushrooms on Almond Bread
Lunch: Two Baby Bels on the run
Dinner: Vegetables in spicy peanut sauce - absolutely delicious!

No idea about BG levels, have got a bit sick of checking and am having a couple of days off.
Hey, @Hedonista Where do you get your almond bread, or do you make it yourself, is it very low carb and what does it taste like in comparison to normal wholemeal? I like the sound of it.

S

Sable_Jan

a.m 2 x pieces of wholemeal toast 9g each with lc peanut butter and bullet proof coffee. p.m fried egg, bacon and tomatoes. 5k run, then toast again with jam as bg ran low. later boiled Kippers, frugal day.
Can't do two slices if toast without complaints from my meter; can't do 5k run either ;)

S

Sable_Jan

There's another guy on here possibly @JohnD54? Who would rather go higher carb and work/burn it off... You've obvs taken a planned approach rather than a "s*d it" attitude... So good on ya (as you said it "worked" adjusting meds and long walk..... ) I'm guessing it was more of a planned "treat" than a regular eating style ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.