What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am drooling over a low carb pizzelle recipe on another forum. I didn't even know what a pizzella was until 15 minutes ago....now I NEED them with Scandi icecream!

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I had strawberries and cream for pudding last night...very nice. With this ice cream, do you need to put it in the freezer once it's been whipped up, or do the frozen berries make it cold enough?

Eat it immediately!

If you try freezing it it will go very hard. Scandi's proportions should create it at the right softness for eating. And any leftovers will melt into slush.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Michael Gove and his insane educational? policies!
I had strawberries and cream for pudding last night...very nice. With this ice cream, do you need to put it in the freezer once it's been whipped up, or do the frozen berries make it cold enough?
Eat immediately. That's why I've put it in a small quantity. Just enough for one girlie portion.

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
I am drooling over a low carb pizzelle recipe on another forum. I didn't even know what a pizzella was until 15 minutes ago....now I NEED them with Scandi icecream!
I am going to make crust less crab pie 2 tins crab meat, 400ml of double cream, seasoning, 4 eggs and shed loads of grated cheddar. Bake in oven approx 25 mins. Think 200degrees centigrade. Eat with salad and drink chilled white. Yum!

Reactions: 2 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why is this thread at the top of the list now??

Breakfast in paradise, with F1 on TV.

1 glass Freixenet, no OJ. Buck's Fizz is nice, but I'll pass on the juice element. (Of course it has gone straight to me head.)
1 home made (not by me), light as a feather waffle
3 rashers streaky (American) bacon

I passed on the maple syrup. I don't like it anyway.

The 2 hour test should be interesting. My wager is it'll be impacted more by the not tooooo dry fizz, than the waffle. It was a treat though. :):)

Reactions: 5 people

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Erm,....... It's 08:54 here, and it need a little nap already.

The chaps are playing golf after the F1. I'll be lucky to stay awake. I didn't sleep too well last night, but a morning nap is one step too decadent for me!

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Why is this thread at the top of the list now??

Breakfast in paradise, with F1 on TV.

1 glass Freixenet, no OJ. Buck's Fizz is nice, but I'll pass on the juice element. (Of course it has gone straight to me head.)
1 home made (not by me), light as a feather waffle
3 rashers streaky (American) bacon

I passed on the maple syrup. I don't like it anyway.

The 2 hour test should be interesting. My wager is it'll be impacted more by the not tooooo dry fizz, than the waffle. It was a treat though. :):)
After 2 hours, 4.0. I was a bit tied up, between F1, a lively discussion with my fellow spectators, and posting on here, to test at 1 hour, but I think I can put this experience into the "no harm done" pile of experiments.

I do fancy a little nap though. These days I don't do much alcohol, so fizz at breakfast has been ultra decedent. :singing:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I don't like sweet things much but those sorbet ideas sound lush.. Rhubarb and diet ginger will be getting a go this summer, if it ever arrives here.

Breakfast bacon. Tomato and two medium portabello mushrooms
Lunch salad in a box with cold chicken. Didn't eat it all as just not hungry.
Evening keema curry with peppers and peas served with spicy cauliflower and half a small poppadum
Drinks decaff coffee with lactofree; green tea ; water
Snack 2 brazils and 15g mature cheddar portion

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: a few cashews
Breakfast: MacDonalds double sausage and egg McMuffin, hash brown and latte. :woot:
Was meeting a friend for brekkie before dog walk no 1 of day. Removed the muffin, but enjoyed the hash brown. BG 8.1 after 2 hours, so bad, but not horrific.
Lunch: salad (lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, tuna and mayo)
Dinner: Turkey thigh tikka with Greek yog and green beans
Last thing: a few cashews

I'm positively yearning for a green smoothie now, but have promised to make Mr B some of these tomorrow for brekkie. Oh, the ordeal.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi!
Today I've had
2 eggs and 2 97% sausages with coffee

Hummus salad and diet coke

Out for dinner - chicken breast salad with cheese, peanut butter sundae.

I was shocked that BG was only 6.3 after two hours and after 2.5 was 5.8. I'm wondering if I'm starting to be less reactive to foods now since really cutting down.

Oh and I hadn't planned on dinner out. My mum is staying over and dragged me by my ear to the restaurant....!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Muesli and semi skimmed milk with coffee

Popcorn and choc nuts

Salmon teriyaki with veg stir fry and soba noodles

Key lime pie with strawberries

Shepherds pie

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Fried breakfast - bacon, omelette, and indulged in baked beans.

50g of G&B 70% dark chocolate to slowly and gracefully prevent a rebound hypo from clearing down last night's mild ketoacidosis.

Dinner TBD!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two egg cheesy omelette and sautéed mushrooms
Lunch tuna and feta salad
Dinner leftover chicken chorizo and chickpea stew with asparagus, broccoli and green beans
3 strawberries and a dessertspoon of Greek yogurt( not a massive berry fan)
Snack cheese portion
Drinks decaff green tea, water and lactofree decaff coffee

RosieDred

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Skipped breakfast as I didn't get up until 12 (oops)

Lunch: egg mayo, spam and 1 piece of brown bread. Also had an actimel drink, which may have been the cause of my later spike. Will try again tomorrow.

Dinner: "fakeaway" and salad. Got the recipe from Facebook and it's basically Doner kebab done in the slow cooker. I'm not really one for trying new things but I'm glad I did. It taste exactly like chip shop kebabs! For pudding I had a pack of dark chocolate orange buttons and a frozen tube yogurt.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: 6 cashews

Breakfast: yummy Paleo pumpkin pancakes with blueberries and cream - surprisingly good. BG 6.6 after 2 hours. Will do again.

Lunch: a rather disappointing mixed grill. Should have had 5 chips. Had 15. BG 8.1 after 2 hours. :bored:

Evening: left over turkey tikka and green beans

Last thing: 6 cashews

Scandichic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Didn't get the quiche yesterday as we visited brothers law in new house but did make skal's choc almond mug pudding! Oh baybeeeee! Made it for visitors today. They loved it too! Enough quiche for leftovers tomorrow! Yay!

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast two quorn sausages. A lot like Quorn but not so much like sausages. ( quite like them though) mushrooms, tomato.
Lunch 100g homemade grilled harissa chicken with 30g feta, salad
Evening small portion keema curry , cauliflower curry and half a small poppadum
Drinks decaff with lactofree, green tea, sparkling water
snack Maybe a babybel light.

Status
Not open for further replies.