What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Avocado Sevenfold

I am having a very bad end to the week, appetite zero, exercise zero :(

I thought my wee cat might have diabetes so took him to the vet yesterday (sudden weightloss, thirst). The vet thinks he has cancer. I have just been crying at work all day. Then the art school burned down which added a whole new layer of misery. Everyone at work is so sad and shocked ( I work for artists, former students) A horrible atmosphere. Sorry to be a thread buzzkill. So anyway, here goes...

Breakfast: omelette
Lunch: nothing
Dinner: probably wine and peanuts

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR
Oh Avocado what truly devastating news on both counts. Fate dosen't care who or how he touches you when he arrives, but as sure as the Sun rises in the East, he will visit you several times in your time here on this mortal coil.

I have only been on this site for 3 or 4 months, and I am always impressed with your helpfulness and kindness, as well as your humour and photos of beautifully prepared meals. You are one of the Stars on this website and I am sending you my sincere Best Wishes and I hope you find the strength to deal with the next couple of weeks with courage and strength.

Blessings, Love and Light Avocado. xxx

Reactions: 2 people

Mrs Vimes

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Avocado sorry about your cat. I also saw the art school on the news just. Awful and all the student work gone. Just thinking about you.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 4 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
awful news about your cat and the art school. I too have been touched by your welcoming nature on this site - sending my best wishes to you tonight. xx

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks guys. The vet totally blindsided me. I had been googling feline diabetes and thought, although awful, we could cope with that. Now I have no idea what we are looking at. He has to have xrays and bloods on Thursday. He is as happy as Larry and does not appear to be in pain. Just a wee bag of bones. We just love him so much.

Reactions: 7 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
poached egg, smoked bacon, mushrooms, tomato
leftover crustless quiche , slice ham, salad
plan b tea as pork chops smelt disgusting whilst cooking so roast chicken, cauli cheese, runner beans, tenderstem broccoli and spoonful gravy
snack may have some nuts later

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks guys. The vet totally blindsided me. I had been googling feline diabetes and thought, although awful, we could cope with that. Now I have no idea what we are looking at. He has to have xrays and bloods on Thursday. He is as happy as Larry and does not appear to be in pain. Just a wee bag of bones. We just love him so much.

It's awful when a pet is ill. Over the years we've lost several cats to the road or serious illness and it's never easy. I hope you have as compassionate a vet as we had and that they both guide and are guided by you and your pet's needs. x

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am having a very bad end to the week, appetite zero, exercise zero :(

I thought my wee cat might have diabetes so took him to the vet yesterday (sudden weightloss, thirst). The vet thinks he has cancer. I have just been crying at work all day. Then the art school burned down which added a whole new layer of misery. Everyone at work is so sad and shocked ( I work for artists, former students) A horrible atmosphere. Sorry to be a thread buzzkill. So anyway, here goes...

Breakfast: omelette
Lunch: nothing
Dinner: probably wine and peanuts
O love, I'm so sorry to hear about both your disasters.

I know how much it hurts to watch a much loved wee beastie fade like that. Does he have some favourite foods? So you can pamper him and treat him and bundle him up with love?

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The moussaka fest is now over. Although it won't be long before the next one, and each time I make a batch it gets bigger, better and lower carb...

Yesterday was weird.

Work was frenetic. No time for my usual half hour nosh and chill in break room, I just went from one hassle to another. No lunch. No hunger. At around 3 I remembered that I should eat something and ate a peanut boost blob. Then carried on.

Since it was Mr B's birthday yesterday we were out for a family dinner. His parents, 3 brothers and their families. Heaven knows how low my BG must have got before eating. I was barely able to talk, yawning constantly and then fell on my chicken, mushroom chips and salad like a feeding frenzy. Within 15 mins was back to human status, and we had a good evening, but at 2 hours my BG was only 5.8, which is astonishing considering the carb content.

Back to the straight and narrow today. :)

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thanks all for your kind words x

Congratulations @Brunneria on conquering the moussaka mountain! :joyful:

Drinking on an empty stomach isn't a great idea. Woke up today and can't remember if I took my metformin last night. Plus there are pom bears missing :oops: But at least I have my appetite back.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Muesli for breakfast with a coffee

Prawn salad and Greek yoghurt with strawberries for lunch

Fish pie for dinner.

I'm trying REALLY hard not to let temptation get the better of me for the next few days....

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Muesli for breakfast with a coffee

Prawn salad and Greek yoghurt with strawberries for lunch

Fish pie for dinner.

I'm trying REALLY hard not to let temptation get the better of me for the next few days....

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
Sounds you have gotten back on track. x

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds you have gotten back on track. x

Do or die!! I have to be honest though and admit I've had more 'cravings' today since eating pizza and bacon sandwiches. Awful - like when you crave stodge with a hangover.

I am making an effort and won't stray for a month to any evil white (and brown) foods!!

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Do or die!! I have to be honest though and admit I've had more 'cravings' today since eating pizza and bacon sandwiches. Awful - like when you crave stodge with a hangover.

I am making an effort and won't stray for a month to any evil white (and brown) foods!!

Yes I am feeling the same, the return of some cravings after losing ketosis. But luckily not too bad and fading quickly.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast bacon, tomato, mushroom
lunch crustless quiche and salad
supper chicken, chorizo and chickpea stew green beans, broccoli
drinks gallon of green tea and loads of water ( too much I think as scales showing I've put a bit of weight on- hoping it's water retention as I can't eat much more salad)

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

breakfast bacon, tomato, mushroom
lunch crustless quiche and salad
supper chicken, chorizo and chickpea stew green beans, broccoli
drinks gallon of green tea and loads of water ( too much I think as scales showing I've put a bit of weight on- hoping it's water retention as I can't eat much more salad)
Yes, the clever money will be on water retention due to your extra exercise and the warmer weather :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

@cold ethyl I am concerned about the caffeine in gallons of green tea and how it might effect the quality of your sleep. Should I be concerned?

Status
Not open for further replies.