What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stop with the temptations. At the risk of being a partypooper, low carb doesn't always mean low calorie and I have a dumper truck's worth of weight to shift!! Back to falxseed and yogurt.

Everything in moderation ;)

I've made these really for my kids. I want them eating more healthily too. I think we should be allowed one low carb treat a day which will keep us from straying. :) :) :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 6 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
To be fair I don't have a sweet tooth.. I can't say I brought diabetes on myself through cake eating though the mound of bread and crisps might have something to do with it.;-)
I could do with a nice flatbread recipe as I do miss having something to dip in my curry.

Reactions: 2 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have a wrapped cathedral city cheese portion as my low carb treat at bedtime. I agree treats are important. I just have so much weight to lose and despite it taking years to go on, I want it off ASAP. I can't help thinking that my mental health would improve if I didn't feel **** physically and I want to show my GP and DN that I'm not just another fat, lazy menopausal woman with diabetes..... Not that they've said that, but you get the picture......

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

To be fair I don't have a sweet tooth.. I can't say I brought diabetes on myself through cake eating though the mound of bread and crisps might have something to do with it.;-)
I could do with a nice flatbread recipe as I do miss having something to dip in my curry.
There's a couple of flatbread recipes on this list. I got the psyllium to try #9 healthy subway *fingers crossed*

http://authoritynutrition.com/15-low-carb-bread-recipes/

Weightloss - You can do it Ethyl! It is carbs that make us fat. Andy posted a video of the dishy Swedish doctor explaining it all :) I'll look for it if you want.

Reactions: 4 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Oh me too! Drool!! As long as it does not contain cheese!

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well my four year old wolfed hers down so I'm classing that as a success! Move over Annabel Karmel!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
had two cheese and beetroot sandwiches

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

lunarlinda

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Injustice, discrimination, greed, selfishness, WAR

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There

There is none in it.
INGREDIENTS

60g coconut flour

2 tblspn psyllium husk powder

40g coconut oil (or melted butter)

1/2 tspn salt

1 tspn baking powder

250g boiling water

herbs/garlic powder (optional)

that was recipe on that list- do you have one without?

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Very strange that's not the recipe I see when I go to the above link. When I go here and click on coconut flour flatbread it takes me here.
You could try that one.

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
There are 2, number 4 on the list and number 15.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

i like the sound of the coconut flour flatbread- need to order some psyllium husks off Amazon first.
Seems the stuff comes as husk and husk powder. Maybe a difference so watch out for that. Amazon were going to take too long so I bought my husk powder on Ebay.

I'll be gutted if it stinks of fish like flax seed does (to me) ! :nailbiting:

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
I
Seems the stuff comes as husk and husk powder. Maybe a difference so watch out for that. Amazon were going to take too long so I bought my husk powder on Ebay.

I'll be gutted if it stinks of fish like flax seed does (to me) ! :nailbiting:
I am making flax seed crackers at the moment. I love them but I hate fish.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Can't say I've noticed the fishy smell, though we did own a fishmongers so maybe I am immune to the odour.
Btw watched that talk- interesting but where was the dishy Dr I was supposed to look out for? ;-)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Can't say I've noticed the fishy smell, though we did own a fishmongers so maybe I am immune to the odour.
Btw watched that talk- interesting but where was the dishy Dr I was supposed to look out for? ;-)
Hehe there is no accounting for taste :rolleyes:

Maybe I am over sensitive to fish pong. The only fish we have in the house is cat food and they wolf it so quickly that it doesn't have time to smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.