What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
40g allbran with semiskim milk, 1 boiled egg.

butternut squash and cauli homemade soup, 1 boiled egg.

visited friend on way home from work, one small square of choc orange brownie.

chicken breast, spinach in creme fraiche, carrots, cauli and broccoli. Have to say wasn't blown away by spinach and cf combo.

I think the cauli and broccoli would be nicer - I do mine in oven with creme f and cheese- sort of a baked cauli cheese- precook veg first and drain well so it stays creamy and not soggy.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Reactions: 3 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the cauli and broccoli would be nicer - I do mine in oven with creme f and cheese- sort of a baked cauli cheese- precook veg first and drain well so it stays creamy and not soggy.

Unfortunately I really dislike cheese in any shape or form! Not sure it would taste the same without?

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Unfortunately I really dislike cheese in any shape or form! Not sure it would taste the same without?

Not like cheese? Is there something wrong with you? My FIL hated it too but I could live on it. Not sure it would have much tatse of anything without a bit in..

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Fasting BG 7.0
Had a nut ball at 11 pm last night aswell

Protein shake with linseed and 1/2 teaspoon of oats

Cheese salad with some leftover duck, strange combo but was nice

Belly pork curry with morning glory, didn't have anything to go with it so trying a small portion of noodles (no doubt with regret)
Nut ball

Pre dinner 5.9
Post 2hrs tbc

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Post 1 hr 11.3!!
30 minutes of exercise and retest at 2 hr 8.3
That's one off the list.

Last edited by a moderator:

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Haven't tried that, does it taste like cheese?

A

Avocado Sevenfold

It is more creamy than cheesy. I put it in my korma tonight. And in my cheesecake the other night.

(I'll stop poking you like a lab rat now. Never met anyone who didn't like cheese before so was curious)

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
It is more creamy than cheesy. I put it in my korma tonight. And in my cheesecake the other night.

(I'll stop poking you like a lab rat now. Never met anyone who didn't like cheese before so was curious)
Mmm, Philly cheesecake ...

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
yeah cream cheese is so bland as to be not cheese at all, but it would go with spinach to give a nice creamy sauce. Creme F is just a bit too sour and runny.

Tweetypie

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders, control freaks, untidiness, ignorance.
Today I had:
Courgette and cheese omelette

9 bar and decaf coffee

Homemade guacamole, mini cheddars:rolleyes:, cashews and peanuts, a few strawberries

Prawns in garlic and white wine with salad and saffron mayonnaise. Instant strawberry ice cream but for some reason it turned into milkshake, still, at least I know how to make low carb strawberry milkshake now! Mmmmm

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

No worries, I'm a scientist so questions are all ok! May pluck up the courage to try philly, if I do will let you know how it goes.....

weirdly my neice also hates cheese in any form even though the rest if her family love it. You can just never take us two for a pizza!:facepalm:

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
No worries, I'm a scientist so questions are all ok! May pluck up the courage to try philly, if I do will let you know how it goes.....

weirdly my neice also hates cheese in any form even though the rest if her family love it. You can just never take us two for a pizza!:facepalm:
Are you mad?

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes

Two people I work beside hate all cheese. One of the best moments after my diagnosis was finding out I could still eat cheese. Better even than when I was told I was cured.

Status
Not open for further replies.