What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's the only bit if the HF element I've embraced- can't stand full fat milk and not mad for butter but cheese......just roll me in it with my mouth open.

Reactions: 3 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two people I work beside hate all cheese. One of the best moments after my diagnosis was finding out I could still eat cheese. Better even than when I was told I was cured.

Think id rather be cured lol. My life and diet would probably be easier right now if I did like cheese!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Postie has just delivered the psyllium husk powder. Stupid job means I can't start baking bread with it NOW! :bored: I will do it as soon as I am through the front door and report straight back!

Reactions: 4 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My coconut flour, whey protein and stevia drops came today but instead of baking I made a roast chicken. It was divine....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

Reactions: 2 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

My coconut flour, whey protein and stevia drops came today but instead of baking I made a roast chicken. It was divine....

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
Hahahaha Your post reminds me of an old stock cube advert. The punchline was "Pea and ham soup from a chicken? Now that's clever!"

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hmm I wonder if I can put my baking talents into recycling chicken leftovers into the perfect diabetic cupcake?!!!

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Woohoo! Success :joyful: Not *exactly* like bread, but not bad at all and doesn't stink of fish like all my flax seed attempts. Bit salty but that might have been my fault. Quite tasty with butter.

The bread has a good texture and has a little crust so it toasts well! Mine made 5 x 3 inch rolls at about 5g net carbs per roll. I am now busy thinking about garlic bread, bruschetta, breadsticks, man vs food style loaded burgers......

http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/toasted-sub-sandwich-and-panini/

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast cheesy omlette
lunch last of halloumi mushrooms and salad
supper quorn sausages, mushrooms, tomato , fried egg
strawbs and yogurt and flaxseed( though the recently introduced second metformin may rule that an unnecessary addition!)

HA3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast -boiled egg and bacon sandwich (burgen bread) . Homemade , ate on train on way to meeting.

lunch -beef bolognese, skipped the pasta and had courgette salad instead. Away at meeting so v limited in choice.

dinner - shepherds pie with cauliflower/onion mash - made by hubby for when I got home. :)

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Missed breakfast so-
Bacon and egg for brunch.
Barley and chicken risotto + jelly for dinner + large glass of red.
I may have some cheese with flax seed crackers later.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
On waking: 1 Brazil
Brunch: egg and bacon, coffee with cream
Mid afternoon: mini moser Roth dark choc bar
Dinner: diced turkey thigh with jerk seasoning and a spoon of cream cheese + half a garden full of green beans

May have jelly later. With berries. And cream.

Or have them now...

Spiker

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Last few days has been steady high blood sugars due to some illness and an opportunistic eye infection, which in turn masked a partial infusion set failure. The pump was delivering, but only partially. :-(

Consequently ketones are nil and I need to go back through ketoadaptation. At least my blood glucose is back to normal after a set change.

Brunch: Bacon, black pudding, mushrooms and fried onions. I think I have this pegged right now, at about 40gch. Too carby really so I will have to cut the onions. Sigh.

2 latte machiatos. I asked for machiato but the barista did latte instead and I just went with it. Back to proper machiato tomorrow.

6 black farmer sausages. With cheese. No coleslaw or anything today.

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
My meter was playing up today so I don't know what my FBG was but had a good day today:

Total full-fat yoghurt (didn't have any fresh berries left so had 1 tbsp dried cranberries instead), cup of tea

Grated cheese, carrot and mayo in a lettuce leaf wrap, 1 apple and a cup of tea

stir-fried courgette strips with onion and a small tin of chicken in white sauce. Would have had mushrooms as well but had none left. The tin of chicken is from Sainsburys and it's only 6g of carbs. Good for keeping in the cupboard.

Looking forward to Thursday when I can get shopping in :)

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
My meter was playing up today so I don't know what my FBG was but had a good day today:

Total full-fat yoghurt (didn't have any fresh berries left so had 1 tbsp dried cranberries instead), cup of tea

Grated cheese, carrot and mayo in a lettuce leaf wrap, 1 apple and a cup of tea

stir-fried courgette strips with onion and a small tin of chicken in white sauce. Would have had mushrooms as well but had none left. The tin of chicken is from Sainsburys and it's only 6g of carbs. Good for keeping in the cupboard.

Looking forward to Thursday when I can get shopping in :)
Grated cheese, carrot and mayo in a lettuce leaf wrap
The tin of chicken is from Sainsburys and it's only 6g of carbs.
Nice.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sausage and scrambled eggs with coffee

Key lime pie with strawberries

Roast chicken salad

Yoghurt and strawberries as too full from lunch!

X

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Get well soon spiker xx

this is too difficult

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
diabetes
Sausage and scrambled eggs with coffee

Key lime pie with strawberries

Roast chicken salad

Yoghurt and strawberries as too full from lunch!

X

Key lime pie?

Status
Not open for further replies.