What have you eaten today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
breakfast quorn sausages, turkey rashers, mushrooms and toms.
lunch water ( not hungry0
dinner moussagne and salad( basically lasagne with courgette layer and a yogurty moussaka topping); strawbs and yogurt

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast the normal allbran with ss milk and a boiled egg.
lunch the normal soup and a boiled egg.
dinner a scrummy sausages, 2 fried eggs and fried in bacon fat - cauli/butternut squash mash with bacon bits in mmmmmm:playful:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast the normal allbran with ss milk and a boiled egg.
lunch the normal soup and a boiled egg.
dinner a scrummy sausages, 2 fried eggs and fried in bacon fat - cauli/butternut squash mash with bacon bits in mmmmmm:playful:

You got shares in an egg farm ;-)

Reactions: 4 people

HA3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Should have! Would make a fortune :D. Usually try and limit to max 2 per day but my fried mash was just crying out for some eggies!, :p

Reactions: 2 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do day 1 of Atkins induction phase for me:

Bacon and egg, coffee

Ham and cream cheese, cucumber.

Steak, cauli mash with chives and spring onion, spinach, fried tomato.

Lots of water but could probably do better.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: Greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: aubergine pizzas :hungry: First try of these and they are really good

http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2012/08/recipe-for-julia-childs-eggplant-pizzas.html

Pudding: chocolate avocado mousse with strawberries :wideyed:

Tesco was selling avocados for 10p! Would have been rude not to buy them. Googled a pudding recipe, swapped a couple of things and it tastes (a bit) like bananas :eek: The recipe called for "sugar free chocolate flavored syrup" but that sounded a bit poisonous, so I added some bourbon, vanilla and extra cream instead. I think it tastes banana-ish, but my daughter reckons it is the worst thing she has ever tasted...ever. Kids eh?

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/03/chocolate-mousse-lc-sf-2.html

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Do day 1 of Atkins induction phase for me:

Bacon and egg, coffee

Ham and cream cheese, cucumber.

Steak, cauli mash with chives and spring onion, spinach, fried tomato.

Lots of water but could probably do better.

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.
How long does the induction phase last?

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Bfast: 2 egg omelette

Lunch:Spicy pork salad thing, same as last few days

I too tried aubergine pizzas, however mine were not as pretty as yours AV,
tasted ok but I made them :(, need the misses to work her magic and spice

Nut balls and 2 strawberries

BG has been running slightly higher today (mid to high 6's)I think the weekend with no insulin is catching up, everyday I'm learning still, experiment and test.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Weirdy - the recipe I used said to let the tomatoes reduce for ages to go all thick and sweet. That was the best bit.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
Cheese and bacon mini crustless quiches x 2, lunch salad with tuna mayo, sf jelly and low carb peanut butter brownie. Afternoon snack, salami stick. Dinner cauliflower pizza followed by homemade banoffee ice cream.evening snack a coupke of fat bombs.

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Weirdy - the recipe I used said to let the tomatoes reduce for ages to go all thick and sweet. That was the best bit.
Thanks, I should try that, I just sliced a beef tomato and chucked on.
To be honest I injected insulin first, then tried to make / cook so rushed it all, know better for next time.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brekkie: er... got distracted and forgot. Bad B. You know what happens next, don't you?

Snack: I got tied down by a colleague, and forcefed 2 digestives, with dark choc on top. It was awful. They pried my jaws open and stuffed the biscuits down with a wooden spoon. :eek: BG 9.3 an hour later. :sorry:

Lunch: crust less quiche

Supper: garlic and lemon chicken, sugar snaps and caulicheese.
2 squares 85% choc.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How long does the induction phase last?

Well it depends. Apparently if you don't lose much weight (albeit water) it's a sign of metabolic syndrome so you should stay on it longer but most people do two weeks then increase carbs in 5g increments til they find their right level. So I will be in this phase for two weeks at least but more likely four I think if I can hack it without fruit and nuts!

Today was ok though.

X

Diamum5972

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudiced people (my son has learning difficulties) and not being able to find a job
Brekkie: er... got distracted and forgot. Bad B. You know what happens next, don't you?

Snack: I got tied down by a colleague, and forcefed 2 digestives, with dark choc on top. It was awful. They pried my jaws open and stuffed the biscuits down with a wooden spoon. :eek: BG 9.3 an hour later. :sorry:

Lunch: crust less quiche

Supper: garlic and lemon chicken, sugar snaps and caulicheese.
2 squares 85% choc.
Mmm, that supper sounds delish - good job it's shopping day tomorrow :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Well it depends. Apparently if you don't lose much weight (albeit water) it's a sign of metabolic syndrome so you should stay on it longer but most people do two weeks then increase carbs in 5g increments til they find their right level. So I will be in this phase for two weeks at least but more likely four I think if I can hack it without fruit and nuts!

Today was ok though.

X

You seem fired up for it. Motivation is half the battle I think. Looks like a very low carb day :)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers av! It is life or death! I don't want to be one of those people who resign themselves to type 2., so will plod on regardless for as long as possible. Plus any weight I lose will help my leg/back problem gingers crossed.

Of course I couldn't do it without you lot! Xxxx

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chipolata 97% sausages and scram eggs, coffee

Cod in butter, garlic, spring onion creme fraiche sauce with spinach and cauli mash. THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!

Salami wrapped Brie cucumber and romaine lettuce with garlic dip.

It all feels so wrong...!!

Reactions: 5 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Breakfast: cheesy omelette

Lunch: Greek yogurt, strawberries, blueberries, cinnamon. Fennel tea.

Dinner: made Brie puffs, but they didn't puff lol. Then 2 Cauldron sausages that needed used up and some ketchup. Chocolate avocado pudding.

Coconut flour was delivered today so will try something nice tomorrow.

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast scrambled egg
lunch too hot so slice of ham and a cheese portion
supper gammon steaks and mushrooms and poached egg- they were vile so only ate one and rest went in bin. Still too hot so will wait till bedtime for some strawbs and yogurt.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Chipolata 97% sausages and scram eggs, coffee

Cod in butter, garlic, spring onion creme fraiche sauce with spinach and cauli mash. THIS WAS AMAZING!!!!

Salami wrapped Brie cucumber and romaine lettuce with garlic dip.

It all feels so wrong...!!

:happy: Welcome to the joys of having your buttery low carb cake AND eating it!!! :happy:

Brekkie: crust less quiche
Lunch: lovely big salad with cheese, ham and tuna. Oh yeah.
Snack: 9bar
Dinner: med veg and chicken thighs with a sprinkling of mature cheese
Pud: jack fruit and mangosteen with double cream.

@Weird Science
My fruit arrived! I could smell the durian through the box. The whole ground floor of the house has this lovely fruity, almost alcoholic smell. I find it quite pleasant. Not sure why people would find it offensive.
The jackfruit was a bit unexciting, but the mangosteen is heavenly. Exquisite. Tart, sweet, beautiful.
I will broach the durian's armour plating tomorrow.
How long do they all keep? And should I be refrigerating them?

Am delighted!

Status
Not open for further replies.