Not open for further replies.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Breakfast: coffee with milk, 2 piece of crispbread with gouda slices, 10g of carbs + negligible ammounts from milk and cheese

Lunch: 150g of gouda, 60g pork ham, 3 more pieces of crispbread, 150g tuna with mayo

Snack?: roasted flaxseed /still pretty bad/

Dinner: wurst 5x80g, cottage cheese with a cube of sugar for dessert

Coke and coffee throughout the day ~2,5 L
Hey, welcome!

Are wurst sausages? For some reason, I think they are...

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ Brunneria
Had you ever smelt durian before today.? I'm afraid I had a belly laugh reading that :)
At least Mr B liked the cheesecake. Not really got any recipe suggestions as all good ones are for non diabetics, it really is lovely with sweet sticky rice!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

There is no way that stuff is nice with anything! Pigstye and fruit combined! Yuck!!!

It worries me a little that Mr B actually enjoyed it. I told him it was a deep character flaw. He licked the spoon and smiled.
:wideyed:
I live with a monster!

Mind you, the mangosteen are heavenly.

Reactions: 2 people

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Very bad day today

Late breakfast of Porridge ( big bowl after yesterday's success) 2 hr post 9.7 no more of this.

Back down to 5.4 for late lunch @ 4pm which consisted of beef and tomato pot noodle, salt n vinegar hula hoops and a sausage roll, so why I was cursing at my 2 hr reading of 12.4 is anybody's guess.
Took dog out and decided to very brisk walk and go twice around the field, dog had no clue what I was doing as it's usually one lap, and I managed to lose her, how can a 14 yr old golden retriever disappear within a few seconds in an open field!! So spent next 45 mins odd running everywhere had 4 strangers also looking who eventually found her a mile from where I lost her.

Good exercise as my pre evening meal was 5.4, Som Tam and few pork scratchings, new batch of nut balls so had 3!! Tomorrow will be better.

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Bacon scrambled eggs, coffee

Ham and cream cheese roll up, small salad, dip.

Turkish yoghurt and cinnamon with coffee.

Roast chicken, 2 chipolata sausages with mayo

Slice of cinnamon cheesecake without a base. Tea.

Hated being so fixated on nuts and sweet things today :(

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Off topic....I just found these in my garden. They look like they might be edible and low carb :hungry:

We have a mini forest/cat jungle in the corner and I planted some Aldi randomberries in there a few years ago and forgot about them. I say randomberries, as Aldi were selling packs of assorted fruit bushes, but they didn't have labels on them. Probably black or red currants.

Last edited:

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally confused weekend as away at friends. Despite saying in advance I was diabetic, and low carbing supper was mainly bits to have with bread. I scraped innards from a small slice of quiche and ate my bodyweight in the cheese I'd taken. Breakfast I had strawbs and yogurt which was ok but spiked me more than a cooked breakfast would have but it was that or bagels. Home to bits and and chicken and chorizo stew from freezer with veg. Hiding upstairs as junior home from uni and tucking into fish fingers and oven chips. Thankfully he is going back tomorrow to tidy flat and sort dissertation out.

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Totally confused weekend as away at friends. Despite saying in advance I was diabetic, and low carbing supper was mainly bits to have with bread. I scraped innards from a small slice of quiche and ate my bodyweight in the cheese I'd taken. Breakfast I had strawbs and yogurt which was ok but spiked me more than a cooked breakfast would have but it was that or bagels. Home to bits and and chicken and chorizo stew from freezer with veg. Hiding upstairs as junior home from uni and tucking into fish fingers and oven chips. Thankfully he is going back tomorrow to tidy flat and sort dissertation out.

I know. :banghead:
But most people simply cannot believe that there could possibly be anything wrong with bread. I mean... It's bread... It must be good for you...

I'll bet they didn't give you sugar though?

When I go away nowadays, I tend to have a secret stash in my luggage - a few 9 bars, nuts and seeds, choccie (70%), cheese strings...

Thank heavens you took that cheese with you! I'll have to remember that one. ;)

cold ethyl

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes we had the conversation about weight, cholesterol carbs and fats as it was a university friendship group and we are all of that age when bits are failing but no one wanted to give up on the carbs despite one having very high cholesterol but not taking statins, one having thyroid problems and the other bloke, who has always ran, eaten well and been stick thin also told he needs statins as his cholesterol is too high. The reasons given were you need the energy source ( so how do the Inuit survive on mainly blubber) , you need to eat every food group in moderation and then eventually can't give them up because they taste so nice.

Lenny3

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not much
I just had a lovely steak with a large grilled mushroom topped with onion and halumi cheese, it was so nice. Never tried halumi cheese before. Lovely.

Reactions: 4 people

Brunneria

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes we had the conversation about weight, cholesterol carbs and fats as it was a university friendship group and we are all of that age when bits are failing but no one wanted to give up on the carbs despite one having very high cholesterol but not taking statins, one having thyroid problems and the other bloke, who has always ran, eaten well and been stick thin also told he needs statins as his cholesterol is too high. The reasons given were you need the energy source ( so how do the Inuit survive on mainly blubber) , you need to eat every food group in moderation and then eventually can't give them up because they taste so nice.

Yes, I think we can all identify. It usually takes some form of dire diagnosis before we listen, and the even longer before we actually DO anything about it. Human nature.
:(

Reactions: 3 people

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Chipolatas and fried egg, coffee

2 lamb chops, broccoli mash (not good!), spinach with cream and garlic butter.

Jelly and cream with creamed coffee.

Chicken and cheese salad. The best salad ever thanks to my homemade dressing. Loved it!

Diagnosed prediabetic Easter 2014. Just left to get on with it, no guidance or help from GP. Every day I'm learning something new.

A

Avocado Sevenfold

You might have to invite your friends to Chez Ethyl to show them how a proper low carb supper should be done :)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Yes, I think we can all identify. It usually takes some form of dire diagnosis before we listen, and the even longer before we actually DO anything about it. Human nature.
:(
Reminds me, I watched that film about LCHF in which the filmmaker was proactive about improving his health following his dad's T2 diagnosis. It was very inspirational. The film is usually pay per view, but is free this week if you fancy it. Indy's post #3 has the link

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/donal-oneill.54844/

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Brunch: scrambled eggs and ketchup on husky bread toast. Creamy decaf.

Dinner: cba cooking tonight - tomato and mayo husky bread sandwich, an avocado and a bit of Brie. Diet decaf coke.

(My ipoo keeps capitalising the work Brie. It ain't me honest)

A

Avocado Sevenfold

Chipolatas and fried egg, coffee

2 lamb chops, broccoli mash (not good!), spinach with cream and garlic butter.

Jelly and cream with creamed coffee.

Chicken and cheese salad. The best salad ever thanks to my homemade dressing. Loved it!

Ooh please share your salad dressing recipe please :)

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sour cream, full fat mayo, dried chives, garlic granules, dash of olive oil, salt.

Have no idea what quantities I used - just kept chucking stuff in. It's best left in the fridge for about an hour so the dried ingredients rehydrate.

I can't believe I've been buying dressings and dips all this time, when actually, the Jamie Oliver in me conjured up something better!

Go me!! ;)

Reactions: 3 people
A

Avocado Sevenfold

Thank you! That dressing sounds amazing. It must be fate that I am growing chives this year :joyful:

Debmcgee

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just add olive oil a dash at a time - think I used about a teaspoon for a dip container's worth.

I love soured cream. Fresh chives will be amazing!

Weird Science

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes
Cheese omelette

Quarter pounder cheese meal with chocolate milkshake ( put me up to 9, but back to 5.4 pre evening meal)

Steak, flat mushroom and peas
Nut balls (I could eat these only I reckon)

Back to work next week and more of a routine, will be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.