Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Hi Everyone,

The first page (or so) of posts on this thread were moved from here,
https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/sweden-has-not-endorsed-lchf-diet-yet.164914/#post-2066038
because they were completely off topic and were turning the thread into a 'What I eat, including raw meat and lots of dairy' thread, instead of addressing the thread's subject.

Now these posts have a new home, in the General Chat section of the forum, people can discuss whatever they choose to eat.

Regards,
Brunneria

(and apologies to Caeseji for putting these intro paragraphs into the top of your post - I felt the thread needed some kind of introduction. :) )

I think low carb would be more acceptable everywhere without the high fat label. Of course some people actually pursue high fat but for many it is just a case of adequate fat or compensating fat. In my case I don't really eat more fat than I used to, but now I don't feel guilty about it.
Usually for me it’s a bit of cheese and just whatever is on the meat. I think some go a little too far in pursuit of that label. It’s just about eating till you’re satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Member496333

There are also those with very little body fat who have no choice but to eat high dietary fat, as their body does not readily give up its remaining fat stores and makes us hungry instead.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
WIFI, Mobile phones. Smart metres... in fact anything 'smart'
Usually for me it’s a bit of cheese and just whatever is on the meat. I think some go a little too far in pursuit of that label. It’s just about eating till you’re satisfied.
I fully concur... Plus gallons of extra think cream and huge slabs of butter. Oh! and massive amounts of full to bursting with fat Cheese.
Po

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
There are also those with very little body fat who have no choice but to eat high dietary fat, as their body does not readily give up its remaining fat stores and makes us hungry instead.
There, right there above, is the reason I MUST eat all that yummy stuff i just said to Caeseji.

Vilified no more will I be
Poda

Bluetit1802

Legend
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I have no weight to lose. If I cut down on the amount of fat I eat I would disappear. I already eat a lot of protein, and I do eat some carbs but have no intention of increasing those. At least I think I eat a lot of fat. I eat dairy and eggs in large quantities but have never been able to eat fatty meat. It makes me heave. I cut off all visible fat on my meat and buy lean cuts. Except bacon of course! I also dislike avocado and can't eat nuts.

Reactions: Member496333

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I agree. Some do go too far.

I do enjoy cheese and Greek yoghourt, full fat milk and streaky bacon. Also nuts. Like Mr Pot, I no longer have hangups about eating these foods.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have no weight to lose. If I cut down on the amount of fat I eat I would disappear. I already eat a lot of protein, and I do eat some carbs but have no intention of increasing those. At least I think I eat a lot of fat. I eat dairy and eggs in large quantities but have never been able to eat fatty meat. It makes me heave. I cut off all visible fat on my meat and buy lean cuts. Except bacon of course! I also dislike avocado and can't eat nuts.
Funny as my wife’s family really do enjoy fatty meat and go out of their way to eat it but they fry it or grill it until it virtually turns charcoal. :D

M

Member496333

I like fatty meat when it’s cooked, as it enhances the flavour, but recently I’ve been eating nearly all my meat raw, along with raw organs. Raw muscle really needs to be lean, as the fat can be tough and chewy. So in these circumstances I have to add extra fat into the same meal. Usually eggs, dairy and/or olives.

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I like fatty meat when it’s cooked, as it enhances the flavour.....
This is why my Mrs and her family like fatty meat as it enhances the flavour. But she never eats it undercooked. Always well cooked or over cooked as she calls it.

Last edited:

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Look at the amount of fat on that pork belly. But she loves that. Served with rice though, unfortunately.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
werewolf-name.jpg
I like fatty meat when it’s cooked, as it enhances the flavour, but recently I’ve been eating nearly all my meat raw, along with raw organs. Raw muscle really needs to be lean, as the fat can be tough and chewy. So in these circumstances I have to add extra fat into the same meal. Usually eggs, dairy and/or olives.

Thought you might like this.

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Crumbs Jim. What is you thinking behind this? How long have you been following this diet, and what effect has it had?
Po

M

Member496333

Crumbs Jim. What is you thinking behind this? How long have you been following this diet, and what effect has it had?
Po

Just thought I’d give it a try. The rationale behind it is that no micronutrients are destroyed by the process of cooking. It makes me feel amazing and has made me stronger. Probably only a couple of weeks into it so far but I’m really enjoying it, and it’s great doing less cooking and getting more benefits.

Obviously it’s not for everyone and of course I am not promoting the idea to anyone else. Just stating the benefits as I see them :)

poemagraphic

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Just thought I’d give it a try. The rationale behind it is that no micronutrients are destroyed by the process of cooking. It makes me feel amazing and has made me stronger. Probably only a couple of weeks into it so far but I’m really enjoying it, and it’s great doing less cooking and getting more benefits.

Obviously it’s not for everyone and of course I am not promoting the idea to anyone else. Just stating the benefits as I see them :)
well good luck mate, keep us informed how you are feeling

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Depends on how many calories one needs, how much protein ( which almost invariably contains fat) and whether one is trying to maintain ketosis or not.

kitedoc

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
black jelly beans
Raw meat may have some nasty bugs in it. Dogs have the stronger stomach acid than us to usually deal with them but we also sometimes are on medications which lower stomach acid.
So i wonder about such a diet healthwise.

Caeseji

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Self-fellating idiots that don't at all look at other people's views
Depends on how many calories one needs, how much protein ( which almost invariably contains fat) and whether one is trying to maintain ketosis or not.
That is a fair point, following appetite is usually a good way to do it in my eyes but sometimes we have to keep a delicate balance.

Reactions: 1spuds

Listlad

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
That is a fair point, following appetite is usually a good way to do it in my eyes but sometimes we have to keep a delicate balance.
A delicate balance. Often termed optimisation.

M

Member496333

Raw meat may have some nasty bugs in it. Dogs have the stronger stomach acid than us to usually deal with them but we also sometimes are on medications which lower stomach acid.
So i wonder about such a diet healthwise.

Yes indeed. There’s certainly a higher likelihood of surface contamination not being cooked off, although I believe it’s still low risk if I eat high quality meat from reputable sources and consume it within a day or so. I’m definitely not the only person who eats raw animals without issue, and I assure you that I don’t make dietary choices without thorough thought and consideration. So far I’m doing extremely well :)

Apologies @Oldvatr for the somewhat off topic chat.

Reactions: kitedoc