What now?

JoKalsbeek

Expert
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Diabetes is related to lifestyle. There are two reasons for diabetes, including environmental factors, so it is important to stick to a healthy lifestyle. The change of lifestyle is the basis of drug treatment. Without changing the lifestyle, the efficacy of drugs will be greatly reduced. Mild people with diabetes may not need medication if they change their lifestyle.
You're tossing everything on one big heap now. There are many varieties of diabetes, causes can vary as much. Genetics, medication use like steroids and statins, an autoimmune condition, pancreatitis, pancreatic cancer, PCOS... There's a lot of people here who had a perfectly healthy lifestyle if they hadn't been predisposed to developing T2, living an active life, eating "good" foods.... But yeah, keep spewing your nonsense at people, why don't you.

M

Member496333

In fairness, and playing devil's advocate, "environmental factors" is a pretty broad brush and can mean anything from food to medication or anything else in between. Some say that even autoimmune conditions might be caused by unknown dietary triggers. Of course everyone has their own genetic predispositions to something or other, but I don't think it's necessarily entirely inaccurate to opine that environmental factors may play a major role in how those genes are expressed.

Last edited by a moderator: