What put your numbers through the roof.

Graham1441

Dislikes
Stupid people.
Just wonderd if we all might have the same things that put our numbers right up, mine is Kentucky fried chicken, and no i only tried once and never again, but a larger dropes them just as fast.
Graham1441.

sugarless sue

Master
Dislikes
Rude people! Not being able to do the things I want to do.
I suspect it was the batter on the chicken that did that.Chicken itself has no carbs unless it is battered or covered in brown sugar to make it look brown.
In my case it is oatmeal that spikes horrendously,now a banned substance in my diet!!

Bubsy Malone

Dislikes
Patronising people, fish and cold callers
Beechams and peach flavour Soothers put mine up to 10.1. I know they're not foods but I'm not even diabetic!!!

cugila

Master
Dislikes
People who are touchy.......feign indignation at the slightest thing. Hypocrites, bullies and cowards.
Chinese takeaway Special Curry + Fried Rice. BG up to 15.1
Heaven - once in a while.

gardenfairy22

Baked beans and fish fingers, I went up to 14. Never again. (Funny I mentioned them and not the small piece of cheesecake that did the same!! :( )
Carole

kareeta

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Being so high I can barely open my eyes :(
for me , 3 slices of pizza!! :lol: bad decision, thought i had it covered by 16 extra units of humalog
still ended up at 17.3 :oops:

chocoholic

Chinese food is now a definite no-no. Last night, bananas also joined the list. We were on the point of going out of the door to a quiz and I felt wobbly. 2.3 was my reading, so had about an inch of orange juice in a glass and had to sit down. After 10 mins level had only come up to 4 something and knew we'd not be back from quiz until about 10.30, so grabbed a banana to eat on the way....result....13.2......on arrival home. Not good.

farmerfudge

Jacket potatoes. OMG yes. There's no 2 blighters the same is there? On the DAFNE course they said a potatoe roughly the size of an egg contains 10 mg of carbs so take 1 unit of novarapid to cover it. I have yet to guess the right carb content of a jacket potatoe and they just dont come in egg sizes do they so always go way too high after eating them :)

...oh and meringue, there's a heap of trouble right there, particularly the ones from M&S

Trinkwasser

Breakfast cereal, especially when washed down with orange juice.

Wheat in any form, except I can do a small piece of wholemeal bread in the evening if I'm careful.

Bananas or melons are also no fun.

Too many carbs to get out of a low, probably what happened with your banana is that you ate on top of a liver dump so you had dietary glucose and released glucose hitting you simultaneously.

lilibet

Avoiding the obvious (sugar, coke, chocolate)

Weetabix
Porridge
Pasta (sob!)
All Bran
Bananas

All staples of pre dx. Annoyingly I can tolerate a few new potatoes which Im lucky if i ate 2 a year before dx. Luckily sweet potato and butternut squash is not bad