What was your bg reading last night and this morning?

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.0 when I went to bed last night a bit after midnight. 6.4 when I woke up at 7.20 which was discouraging. I tested again half an hour later and it was down to 6.0, has stayed in the 5’s the rest of today.

Hopefully once I’ve lost more weight (lost 4 kilos/8.8 pounds in two weeks!) and my body mass decreases more my morning levels will go down a bit. :)

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
5.0 when I went to bed last night a bit after midnight. 6.4 when I woke up at 7.20 which was discouraging. I tested again half an hour later and it was down to 6.0, has stayed in the 5’s the rest of today.

Hopefully once I’ve lost more weight (lost 4 kilos/8.8 pounds in two weeks!) and my body mass decreases more my morning levels will go down a bit. :)

you're really doing well at regular 6's and 5's from where you were.......and also with the weight.......don't push it too fast........remember that hare and tortoise again?

Reactions: Freema and Pasha

Adm_Mad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
@Traceymac23 Yep it’s only until Tuesday so I can tell my GP I’ve already lost some weight and then I’ll start eating a bit more and slow down. I’ve weaselled my way out of the Easter family lunch tomorrow by saying I’ve come down with a tummy bug, plus people will probably think I’m just needing to lie low and lick my wounds after getting dumped. I know the solution to life with diabetes isn’t to not have a social life, it’s just because I want as low a weight as I can get to start on Tuesday, and if I’m not at the lunch I can’t be tempted! :)

Traceymac23

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Moaner
@Traceymac23 Yep it’s only until Tuesday so I can tell my GP I’ve already lost some weight and then I’ll start eating a bit more and slow down. I’ve weaselled my way out of the Easter family lunch tomorrow by saying I’ve come down with a tummy bug, plus people will probably think I’m just needing to lie low and lick my wounds after getting dumped. I know the solution to life with diabetes isn’t to not have a social life, it’s just because I want as low a weight as I can get to start on Tuesday, and if I’m not at the lunch I can’t be tempted! :)

fair play

charlie000

Went to sleep last night with blood glucose of 4.8mmol. Woke up with blood glucose of 4.4mmol at around 9am. My last meal yesterday was at around 2pm. I fasted since then, and couldn't bare it at night, so I had some peanuts - which didn't affect my BG.

Had mince meat at 12 today, after a half fast lol, with veg and some butter. Pre meal bg was 4.4mmol. Will test again tonight before bed. But I'm starting my fast in about 1 hours time - so no more food (well meals at least but will try my best) after 2pm until 2pm tomorrow. Liquids from thereon...

Last edited:
Reactions: Prem51

charlie000

Went to sleep last night with blood glucose of 4.8mmol. Woke up with blood glucose of 4.4mmol at around 9am. My last meal yesterday was at around 2pm. I fasted since then, and couldn't bare it at night, so I had some peanuts - which didn't affect my BG.

Had mince meat at 12 today, after a half fast lol, with veg and some butter. Pre meal bg was 4.4mmol. Will test again tonight before bed. But I'm starting my fast in about 1 hours time - so no more food (well meals at least but will try my best) after 2pm until 2pm tomorrow. Liquids from thereon...
BG 2 hours after eating was 4.8mmol. Just came back from gym bg 4.4mmol