What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My late news before bed: Mr Fuzz has gone missing since breakfast today. I would think-he is looking for the hen pheasant aka Mrs Fuzz. Cant help thinking he will be back for breakfast! Night night All.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Have spent the day on my Computer and texting on my phone. Have got quite a numb bum - not used to sitting down so much. . All I had to do was group email addresses into 18 classes then I can send out the lesson plans. Not quite as easy as I thought it would be.

Some were in Outlook address book, some in contacts, some not in either so had to search through emails to find the email addresses. Some I had to get from the enrolment forms.

Then I text to check if anyone had changed their email address. This resulted in lots of friendly texts that I answered. Am not even half way through yet.

It will be lovely once it is done. When classes are back up and running I will be able to email out timetables instead of doing mailmerge letters and stapling timetables to them. A huge saving in time, paper and printer ink. So a job well worth doing.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have spent the day on my Computer and texting on my phone. Have got quite a numb bum - not used to sitting down so much. . All I had to do was group email addresses into 18 classes then I can send out the lesson plans. Not quite as easy as I thought it would be.

Some were in Outlook address book, some in contacts, some not in either so had to search through emails to find the email addresses. Some I had to get from the enrolment forms.

Then I text to check if anyone had changed their email address. This resulted in lots of friendly texts that I answered. Am not even half way through yet.

It will be lovely once it is done. When classes are back up and running I will be able to email out timetables instead of doing mailmerge letters and stapling timetables to them. A huge saving in time, paper and printer ink. So a job well worth doing.

You will feel so wonderful and accomplished when you've got it all up and running. I remember being a secretary and working on "mail merges" -- they would drive me nuts when I was setting them up but once up and running they were so great -- and I felt so pleased with myself.

Good for you for working on it. :)

Now I am going to take my own numbbum out for a walk.

Greetings to Archie and Poppy. (And the KittenCat just called a greeting too. ^. .^)

t0450.gif
t0450.gif
(They're as close as I could find to chocolate Labs :) ).

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This popped up on my you tube and I was going turn it off because no subtitles. But I could lipread the guy (as long as he is facing the screen) and realised he doesn't seem to have done something like this before and was quite nervous and shy, yet once he is performing he is a different confident person.

It was actually relaxing to watch. I know absolutely nothing about Coldplay, but thought maybe you lot could get more from this than I could. There is something endearing and relaxing about the guy.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A few updates from US "news" sources:
The chief medical correspondent for one news channel, advising on outdoor exercise:
It's fine to go outdoors and get exercise. Just stay away from people.
It's fine to buy groceries but the coronavirus can hang around for hours or days on different surfaces. Except for copper surfaces.

Great. So instead of using plastic, paper, or fabric grocery bags we should now start carrying our groceries in copper boxes?

When you bring home the groceries, put them away and then wipe down all the surfaces. With disinfectants.

Only he didn't say where he expects us to buy disinfectant. And do we use cloth wipes, which hold onto germs? Or paper towels, which, once thrown away, can't be used as toilet paper?

Wash your hands, he repeats, over and over. Don't touch your face.

Cut to a commercial.

On another channel the governor of New York State is talking about voluntary and mandatory shutdowns.
As he talks he touches his face.

Great example, Governor.

The President has declared a wartime government, which means he can release funds for emergency measures. Like MASH hospitals opening for civilians.
Making more masks.

He didn't say where he would get the raw materials for these masks.

One good thing -- so far, no one seems to be scalping the pasta, sanitizers, or toilet paper they have been binge-buying.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Late but I have started my third Slate watercolour, this is the start of it, not sure it's working, feel that the buildings need to be more prominent. Will carry on for now and see where it takes me. The Slate mine buildings on the Watkins Path Snowdon.
IMG_2774.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Late but I have started my third Slate watercolour, this is the start of it, not sure it's working, feel that the buildings need to be more prominent. Will carry on for now and see where it takes me. The Slate mine buildings on the Watkins Path Snowdon.
View attachment 39508

I like the way you describe the process of painting like the process of writing. That is how I like to write, get a good first sentence or paragraph and then see where it leads. :)

I like this stage of your painting, the misty, not-yet-defined, suggestive quality of the scene. It is unfamiliar territory to me; I can't recognize what I'm seeing; I want to continue my "tour", to see what is revealed.

Thank you for posting it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
At least some of us can cluster together without fear of contagion.

20200318_183856.jpg

I have been waiting for weeks for these beauties to bloom. For awhile I thought they had died in the bud, but a neighbor said no, and she was right. Practically overnight the buds got bigger and bigger, and then one day I went outside, and ... daffodils! :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"Yellow" lyrics are here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=yel...rome..69i57.4878j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yellow
Coldplay
Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah they were all yellow
I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called "Yellow"
So then I took my turn
Oh what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow
Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones
Turn into something beautiful
You know, you know I love you so
You know I love you so
I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cause you were all yellow
I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow
Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
And you know
For you I'd bleed…

Source: LyricFind

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
"Yellow" lyrics are here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=yel...rome..69i57.4878j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Yellow
Coldplay
Look at the stars
Look how they shine for you
And everything you do
Yeah they were all yellow
I came along
I wrote a song for you
And all the things you do
And it was called "Yellow"
So then I took my turn
Oh what a thing to have done
And it was all yellow
Your skin
Oh yeah, your skin and bones
You know, you know I love you so
You know I love you so
I swam across
I jumped across for you
Oh what a thing to do
'Cause you were all yellow
I drew a line
I drew a line for you
Oh what a thing to do
And it was all yellow
Your skin
Oh yeah your skin and bones
And you know
For you I'd bleed…

Source: LyricFind
Thanks @SaskiaKC and apologise to @gennepher i deleted my post with a link to this song Yellow which was written by Coldplay because I had not included the lyrics, @SaskiaKC you beat me to it well done. So here is the link again my favourite cover of Yellow.

We do a folk version,

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have a table top multi cooker thing to cook my food it. It went funny last night and wasn't heating properly at all.
I need to get that sorted pronto in the morning. I ordered one from Argos last night to collect in a retail park where I know there are two other places that sell electrical goods.

At least I had that small lottery win which enables me to do that. Thank you thank you thank you!

Just been texting a friend in the States. Everyone everywhere despairs of everything.

Anyway I only came on here to post this link from her. I think we all need an overload of cuteness and awesomeness.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stay-sane-during-your-quarantine-with-these-animal-livestreams

I will be looking at it better when I come back, so I won't post first thing like I usually do.

Thank you for all being here
Take care

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.2 at 5am A restless nights sleep.

I have no idea where today is taking Mrs MC and I.

There is one Blackbird singing its heart out and it's still as black as coal outside.

Be kind to yourselves and take care.