What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I too wondered what those 2 were doing with Made in Chelsea - (google took me there) but still none the wiser. Then I googled and had to find out what Discworld was. None the wiser really but know we are talking about a pale horse style of thing.

Sort of a Clint Eastwood-Rudolph Valentino-Notre Dame kind of thing?

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC that is so ridiculous who do these people think they are. Good on you for pulling him up and agree the staff should be enforcing their new rules. I’ve got to go back to my pharmacy! :banghead: Good news for you re the opening hours.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi Saskia, I think I saw that post, was it about the idiot at the pharmacy? tried to comment but it wouldn’t let me, if it was then the second guy deserved a slap in the mush, what an absolute numpty, you did well to retain your dignity.

Thank you so much, Trick. I guess you read it before the site and I deleted the first one. I just re-posted it.
Thank you for calling the guy a numpty; that is appropriate (and much more polite than what I started to call him in my post! :eek::wideyed::))
At least I think it is. ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@SaskiaKC that is so ridiculous who do these people think they are. Good on you for pulling him up and agree the staff should be enforcing their new rules. I’ve got to go back to my pharmacy! :banghead: Good news for you re the opening hours.

Good luck with your return trip to Boots. :)
(If you want anyone to run interference for you ... :) :angelic:) I would if I could ...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Reactions: jjraak

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for calling the guy a numpty; that is appropriate (and much more polite than what I started to call him in my post! :eek::wideyed::))
At least I think it is. ;)
Yes it is. Synonym for Prime Minister as of July 2019. Allegedly he referred to a conversation regarding making more ventilators as Operation Last Gasp and thought he was funny.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm Dutch, so translating from Dutch to English is the wrong way for me. While my written English isn't too shabby, my active vocabulary in English is way smaller than in Dutch which makes translating very hard. Translating is completely different from telling your own story in that when telling your own story you can rearrange your words completely until they make sense...

I'm sorry.
Now you have got me trying to remember 40-plus years back and translating poetry etc. from German to English or vice versa! ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes it is. Synonym for Prime Minister as of July 2019. Allegedly he referred to a conversation regarding making more ventilators as Operation Last Gasp and thought he was funny.

Oh my ... goodness. :wideyed::***:

I am glad I now have a new word I can say out loud or at least under my breath! :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember writing a poem when I was in Junior school so I was about 10/11 years old. It was.sort of the end of the world as I/we knew it, and then one day the birds came back to sing again...I still have it some where. I don't know where. It sort of feels valid now.

Maybe it's not. I need to find it.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I remember writing a poem when I was in Junior school so I was about 10/11 years old. It was.sort of the end of the world as I/we knew it, and then one day the birds came back to sing again...I still have it some where. I don't know where. It sort of feels valid now.

Maybe it's not. I need to find it.

It sounds very interesting. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Well, I wasn't going to post this link, since the song got the name of the bridge wrong (not the only one to do so), but I just happened to see it a couple of minutes ago, and it is cute, and since your link mentions sides of buses ...
Although previously I've pictured this sort of bus:

upload_2020-3-20_13-15-19.png

Maybe this song will make some of y'all smile too:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs Have you by any chance read Jeremiah 5 recently?

I will post only three verses here.

"Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
look around and consider,
search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
who deals honestly and seeks the truth
I will forgive this city.
"... I will go to the leaders
and speak to them;
surely they know the way of the Lord,
the requirements of their God."
But with one accord they too had broken off the yoke
and torn off the bonds.
"A horrible and shocking thing
has happened in the land:
The prophets prophesy lies,
the priests rule by their own authority,
and my people love it this way.
But what will you do in the end?"

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Have you by any chance read Jeremiah 5 recently?

I will post only three verses here.

"Go up and down the streets of Jerusalem,
look around and consider,
search through her squares.
If you can find but one person
who deals honestly and seeks the truth
I will forgive this city.
"... I will go to the leaders
and speak to them;
surely they know the way of the Lord,
the requirements of their God."
But with one accord they too had broken off the yoke