1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Expert

Morning all. 5.1 for me today so bg doing its bit for the effort however weakly. @PenguinMum great fbg and may I join those hoping your internet continues to provide you with access. @trick60 I hope an early start allows adequate social distance. @Muddy Cyclist very worrying email from care home but great fbg. Puppies have no idea of anything much except each other

[​IMG]

Have a great day, look after yourselves as the best way of looking after the vulnerable. 'Twas ever thus but forgotten for a couple of generations.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    #21821 ianpspurs, Mar 20, 2020 at 9:25 AM
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  2. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

DIY and of course she enjoys it so mental wellbeing, yes I'm sure help would be at hand if she is prevented from going, but there is still that niggling guilt of should she or shouldn't she. I fear we are of a generation that tries to respect authority, although many of our friends don't.
    Thank you it's heartening to know we are not alone in these uncertainties.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Muddy Cyclist

Me too. :meh:

And thank you for your detailed response to my list of confusions, very much appreciated and all similar to my own conclusion.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. geefull

geefull Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

good morning all :)

4.2 today

hope your day treats you well :)

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  5. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Thank you. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 7
  6. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

In her place, I would go care for the horse, and myself at the same time. :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

Thank you so much for posting that sweet picture of Bill and Ben. :) Hugs to all 4 of you.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Muddy Cyclist

and @ianpspurs
    Last time this happened was Friday Last week the reason is the quantity they need to order is getting rejected apparently. Last time Asda management heard about it and bailed them out. But why such a huge concern and important care system should meet such restrictions is beyond me, must be the care homes administration or buying arrangements letting them down.

PM thank you for your supportive words re my confusions.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Hug Hug x 2
  9. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

@Muddy Cyclist - quite agree with what has been posted by @OldButBold.
    I too am in the at risk category (asthma and T2D) and am avoiding people like the plague. I am going for walks and also trying to pick quiet times for a bit of shopping - I am now thankful for those dance lessons in my youth which enable me to waft round other people at a, I hope, safe distance (I just imagine everyone wearing a crinoline dress.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  10. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@Muddy Cyclist
    I agree with everything @OldButBold says
    However I have a concern with number 5..the possible proposed Volkswagen Camper excursion.
    Yesterday as I came back from the retail park, it was still early, but various people were driving in, a little more aggressively by this time, there were so little parking spaces left, and people were trying to jump to get their car in the available parking space before the other person. Tempers were beginning to flare. I am driving out and I had to move my car sharply to the side from several people not caring about other cars. Then there were little old ladies driving their cars who for some reason were nervous and were weaving their cars over the middle of the road, and again I had to move my car sharply to the left to avoid being pranged by them, and I never even checked if a cyclist was on the left of me, fortunately there wasn't. Then finally there were the fast cars who were overtaking me in a 30, I was doing 29, and they cut in sharply in front of me. Also cars and traffic cut through from the expressway to down the steep hill by me, and they are doing 50, when the hill is a 30.This means I cannot come out at the end of my road safely to come down the hill, because there is a bend they come tearing round.

I agree with the sentiment driving the campervan to a remote place and having a cuppa, but I put the safety of my car first, and consequently I would not do it. However, you know where you drive and what the traffic is likely to be.

• Hug Hug x 6
  11. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

Late - but never mind.

The wonder wheel of Sauerkraut and sausage last night came in with Germanic 5.6 this am - note to self - Sauerkraut is not as good for me as some people may think. Mind you, it was in a tin so probably had hidden gremlins. Tasty though - call it a day off.

I have to wander into town in a bit, another Snark hunt, this time for baby formula. I have been sent a photo of the exact type and been warned to check the expiry date. Will be restricting myself to only two shops and only going in if there are not too many people in. I do have a mask though and perhaps it will be of some use as beards give another layer of protection.

upload_2020-3-20_9-58-6.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 4
  12. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@dunelm
    I love your mask
    Brilliant!

oh dear, you changed it.... :)

Have you got a wand to go with it?

second thoughts you had better not answer that...

have you got a shepherds crook to go with it...

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

@jjraak will probably remember what mobile reception was like during the terrorist attack in London on July 2005 if he was living in the capital then, I was in London on business with a group of colleagues from around the country. Mobile networks just could not cope, could not get reception for love or money as everyone trying to call out at the same time. Fortunately one of our colleagues was from Northern Ireland and his network provider was a small obscure NI company. Came up trumps his network not affected so he was able to help us all out. I think its a foregone that we can all expect our network service to deteriorate due to more usage. Hope @OldButBold will still be able to play his computer games with some degree of satisfaction in the coming days.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
  14. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

As a gamer, I am a protected internet species allowed full unfettered free-range access :);):cool:

kl.jpg

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. jjraak

jjraak Type 2 · Well-Known Member

NOOOOO !!! :woot::***:

• Funny Funny x 6
  16. jjraak

FBG 5.3
    temp 36.3

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

• Useful Useful x 4
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. jjraak

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 2
  19. SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC Type 2 · Expert

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Ryhia

Ryhia Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Must be on fibre then.

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook