What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks, a straight 5.0 on the dice today, had crumpets for tea last night, I think OBB is on to something.

Chuffed to bits for you @SaskiaKC , exciting times for you.
Stay safe all.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Day TWO

Let's be grateful.

IMG_20200325_053553~01.jpg

Let's not let social awkwardness stop us all joining in.

We may well self isolate, but we can still group appreciate.

IMG_20200325_053659~01.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I can proceed. Wednesday morning (today) I will turn in my 30 days' notice here. I hope I won't have to stay here for the full 30 days; I'm ready to go whenever my friend can help move me.

I'm glad you got some paracetamol. I hope you've been able to get some rest -- what are you doing awake so early? :)
That is amazing news @SaskiaKC
I am so pleased for you.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.2 today, I suspect these lows are down to trying to make our food store go further so MUCH smaller portions, I shall disappear.

Still no joy with shopping slots delivery or collect.

@SaskiaKC great news really hope the move happens quickly now.

@Debandez thank you for your compliments on rt. Great you are getting involved especially with family as well. Do post some of Eric's art, the more the merrier.

Daughter dropping in MOthers day gift today, from a distance sadly she will not be stopping for chat and coffee but at lest we can wave to her and grandaughter in the flesh.

There is a lot of care out there, yesterday a mountain bike friend (50 year old) text to ask if we were doing OK and if we needed help with anything to let him know, shopping, medicine collecting for Mrs MC (Kathy) how kind.

So a day foraging online, don't hold out much hope.

Started a painting yesterday but not enough completed to post, will try today.

Another fine day use it well, keep as active as you are able.
Winner for fbg, and the comfort of good friends in a time of need.
Horrific how poor the govt is managing all this.
National disgrace.
We got a new pop up hospital in London
It's an Army hospital in The Excel centre.
Tented morgues springing up too.

Nice to know they have all this under control.
London numbers exceeding rate and climb of expectation..new York too.
Two Capital cities on the brink, and it's only just started

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52010073

_110544855_whitespace.png

"The line for London going up in that exponential way is an indication that the epidemic is out of control," says Prof Eric Brunner of University College London

Public trial after this.
The guilty must not go free

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all, Used up the last of the milk, cream and blueberries for another bowl of luxurious porridge oats.

Yes I know. Naughty carbs. But I have to stretch my rations until a Tesco on-line order on April 11th.
FBG 7.8 mmo/lt at 0600. Temp. 36.3.

Keep calm and carry on.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.1
Temp 35.1

Blood glucose up a bit because I was sorting out food in the cupboard, and found some iced coffee sachets.

I had one at bedtime with cold full cream milk (not a good idea with blood sugars, protein is best then if I fancy something).

It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!?

I have another 6 sachets left, they will be saved for days when I need a mental pick me up...

Take care
Hugs x

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning.
Great news @SaskiaKC I hope it all goes ahead very soon, how exciting.
Had a surprisingly lovely day yesterday, first we joined in the Joe Wicks PE class on YouTube and video’d with grandchildren. Then my youngest daughter came round with a bag of essentials, dropped it on the doorstep ( we are still in quarantine) and we had a chat through the window for a while.
Then I phoned the lovely local butcher to ask if I could pay over the phone and get someone to collect some meat for me later in the week- he said not to worry he would drop 4 pork chops and a kilo of mince on my doorstep on his way home - not to worry about paying, I could pay him when I was allowed out!
Took Dennis to a secure moorland dog paddock you can hire by the hour so he had a great romp in the sunshine and I had a lovely walk without risk of bumping into anyone. The owners only ask that you take disinfectant wipes for the gate and padlock.
@gennepher what a nice idea to keep those delicious coffees for days when you need a pick me up. I think we all need those now and again.
Take care all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from yet another bright and sparkly morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of indoor exercise areas but a pitifully loud yet deliciously carb laden dinner came in at 5.6 this am

Trees - Mrs Miggins and a neighbor have invented the tree trimming dance with the aid of our large and overgrown bay tree by our border fence.
First steps - Mrs Miggins steps forwards, dances up the ladder and makes several lunges with the lopper with me holding the bottom of the ladder and a pigs bladder on a stick, attempting to avoid being turned into the green man by falling debris. She then dances down the ladder and we skip daintily backwards for eight beats of a bodhran, do a hey nonny no and I tap her on the head with the pigs bladder.
Second steps - Neighbor steps forward and dances up the ladder from her side with her son playing the potential green man roll and repeats the steps.
Steps 1 and 2 repeated until a fair height and shape achieved.
Luckily the garden bins will be emptied today - perhaps -
Later, in the garden, garden benches and other garden furniture given a scrub and a couple of coatings of preservative.

Six miles yesterday. My route round our open plan kitchen and dining room is 22 yards in length - amazing, and I don’t even play cricket. So, 80 laps, or runs, (10, turn, 10, turn.....) gives me a mile. What fun.

Supermarket delivery today - ordered 8 days ago - wonder what will actually arrive.

Stay well. Koffy calls.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...off late on my thermometer (new ones )all wiped down & sanitised keeping my distance all popped through letter boxes...listening to the news avidly just have to...off shortly to get dressed & set off hoping to do some food foraging get some logs for the fire...BG 6.6 this morning temperature is 36.46 so spot on...keep safe everyone.

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning and another gorgeous day so gardening it is. Temp is 35.9 so I'm ok :angelic:

Her ladyship has finally accepted that we are 'at war' and should behave responsibly. The good news is that she has prebooked guaranteed slots for online shopping (I can't afford those) and has told me I can tack my needs on to her shopping lists. Probably the best thing that's happened :)

At least her boyfriend is staying away, so I don't have to put up with that nonsense ;)

I'll leave you with my all-time favourite quote -

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
― Frank Herbert, Dune

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah and DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Trees - Mrs Miggins and a neighbor have invented the tree trimming dance with the aid of our large and overgrown bay tree by our border fence.
First steps - Mrs Miggins steps forwards, dances up the ladder and makes several lunges with the lopper with me holding the bottom of the ladder and a pigs bladder on a stick, attempting to avoid being turned into the green man by falling debris. She then dances down the ladder and we skip daintily backwards for eight beats of a bodhran, do a hey nonny no and I tap her on the head with the pigs bladder.
Second steps - Neighbor steps forward and dances up the ladder from her side with her son playing the potential green man roll and repeats the steps.
Steps 1 and 2 repeated until a fair height and shape achieved.

True genius, I am forwarding this ritual to the Glorishears of Brummagen, Birmingham's own ancient and mystical morris dance troupe. Maybe they will perform it around my bay tree? :)

Reactions: DJC3

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.2 after a good sleep and yesterday’s blip. Sun shining and big i provement in friend’s mobility and pain. She is considering going home sometime next week since she is in the vulnerable group (cancer treatment) so will get help with food, med deliveries. Also there is a CoOp opposite her house. We are ok as long as Conor stays well and is able to do the 2 hour drive to/from us with groceries.
Today I am going to do a stock take and make a list. And some cleaning.
Mr Fuzz gone awol. It was bound to happen.
@gennepher the sad girl didnt look sad to me, very expressive. Thank you for the art to you and @Muddy Cyclist
Have a good Wednesday everyone. STAY SAFE STAY WELL.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
― Frank Herbert, Dune

Great quote and very appropriate. Now might be a good time to re-read Dune, I thought it was great when I first discovered it as a student.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
24-03-2020
7.40am FBG 5.8. Stress!
Last night had discussion about going back to UK. Your country needs you etc. MrSlim would to return to work. Not sure what I would do. Could stay here, alone. Except our ear to the ground is forecasting six months of disruption. Don't think six months on my own is a good idea.
But worrying about infection risk every day would also be massively stressful. Probably would not be able to help parents. Big dilemma.

Edited for typos

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.3 this morning and another gorgeous day so gardening it is. Temp is 35.9 so I'm ok :angelic:

Her ladyship has finally accepted that we are 'at war' and should behave responsibly. The good news is that she has prebooked guaranteed slots for online shopping (I can't afford those) and has told me I can tack my needs on to her shopping lists. Probably the best thing that's happened :)

At least her boyfriend is staying away, so I don't have to put up with that nonsense ;)

― Frank Herbert, Dune
Brilliant @OldButBold
I am so glad her ladyship has accepted the current situation!
A good result for online shopping :)
Love the quote, it's probably my philosophy.
I read Dune when I was about 19.