What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who understand that to much idiot box is not a good thing.

Today a low 4.7, that meter is under surveillance.

I have been requested to act like a grup today.
Grup is sort or grownup, why? I have no idea, but Mrs J has been looking at me strangely the last few days.
Well folks have a great day and **** a snoot to the world.
A hug for the low reading. Get thee to the kitchen and forage for sustenance.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
ship them out, and bring in the VETS....
m1234.gif
I often joke that I would much rather see a vet than a doctor when I am ill.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How to keep our more vulnerable & elderly safe as well as their carers, would be nice right now.

Why DO they have to be constantly shamed into doing SOMETHING
Thank goodness that public opinion can force the government to do the right thing.

Reactions: dunelm

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
16-04-2020
7.45am FBG 5 7
waiting 30 mins then retest. Hoping it will drop.
Meanwhile have completed my daily French lesson.
8.20am FBG 5.5 Breakfast time.
Today am planning to get some of the boxes sorted, plant out a row of beans and a few other veggies and some flowers. An aunt gave us half a dozen clumps of flowering plants in pots, so far only two have made it into the ground. There might have been more interest in flowers without the shopping restrictions.
Have realised am not quite my usual self this morning. Distinct lack of energy. So will be interesting to see if I get anything much done.
Stay/get well. Stay safe all of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
3.7! Way too low on the libre. So I'm going to put new sensor on tomorrow and start scanning with libre reader which I have not used. Something isn't right with my mobile phone readings. Lots more lower readings have resulted in my estimated hba1c going down to 29!!!! From 33!!! In a few days. Which proves to me that eating high carb which would give higher readings would result in higher hba1c (quickly). And consequently more chance of complications What don't diabetes.org.uk get about this? They encourage high carb (full of sugar) low fat (full of sugar).

On a lighter note I love working with my local community. With 5 gp surgeries. Holding pt to pt support sessions. And when I get feedback like this (from the practice managers relative, the PM who BYPASSED the DNs and referred relative to ME!!!!).

'Debra, thank you for all your help and information. So much I didn’t know!!!! We are following your guidance and ****** has lost 23 pounds!!!!! When this virus is over, and the mad rush to doctors is over () we will get ****** checked again, and am sure he will no longer be borderline diabetic Thanks to you, and to **** for getting me in touch with you ❤️

So happy to have got this feedback.

On a sad note, my eyes are suffering badly at the moment. I got dry eyes when I worked as census coordinator for Blackpool central. I had to put so many additional hours in just to keep up with my 'patch'. No extra pay for the extra hours worked so I had to write complaint letter. Long story short got 3k in backpay and took them to small claims court for annual leave pay that covered those hours. But all the hours on the laptop brought on issues with dry eyes. Subsided after about 3 years but back with a vengeance these past 2 days! Too much time online surfing info on coronavirus. Very uncomfortable for me. So going to try to curtail my time online for a few days, to try to heal. Will hopefully read but won't post (much). Gutted but eyes are so tired. Nightmare. This cironavirus has a lot to answer for!!!!
Really great feedback. Shows that all your hard work is making a real difference to people's lives. Hope your eyes settle quickly after a rest from the screen.

Last edited:

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Morning all, the scores on the doors this morning is...…………………..4.9, mind you it does help adjusting the time on my pump to what the actual time is Not 2hrs behind. so it might explain some of the highs at unexplained times! you live and learn. I'm supposed to be working from home but at the moment I really can't be bothered and keep finding jobs to do around the house and garden! Hugs to all those who need it and well done's and high five to everyone else.

Take care everyone and stay safe.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Was positively saintly with the cream yesterday so should drop back into the 5s tomorrow - as long as I stay off the double cream.

Did another lesson plan for class members and this time the email was working perfectly - so everything went smoothly.

As uusual changing my One drive password was tricky. I put in the new password then put it in again and it said they didn't match. I did this a few times but still kept getting error messages. So in the end thought *** it and pressed the button to go ahead with it.

Tried to log into One drive - said no such account. Then it accepted the account but said password incorrect. After several goes and computer restarts it finally accepted the new password. This happens every three months when my password runs out. Beyond annoying and very stressful as all my documents are in One drive. Of course ,- when you think about what is going on at the moment - it is really only a minor issue.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was out in the garden, but found some naughty beasts had dug up the salad stuff, tomato seeds and other stuff I had planted in the pots by the kitchen door. They had all been dug up, pots knocked over, other pots have been dug up, my precious mint dug up.

it is like I have to spend every day outwitting something...
*Outwitting Popeye who wants to sneak out the door with me...
*Outwitting Covid-19 I just put something in the car and I have no idea if some stranger has touched it, so just had to come straight back in and wash hands before I touched my face...
*Outwitting those blinking feral cats...
*Outwitting whatever is digging up my pots...
*Outwitting whatever has just begun to do tunnel digging in my back garden...it is big, eg badger size...
*I am sure there is something else I am trying to outwit...

Sigh....

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was out in the garden, but found some naughty beasts had dug up the salad stuff, tomato seeds and other stuff I had planted in the pots by the kitchen door. They had all been dug up, pots knocked over, other pots have been dug up, my precious mint dug up.

it is like I have to spend every day outwitting something...
*Outwitting Popeye who wants to sneak out the door with me...
*Outwitting Covid-19 I just put something in the car and I have no idea if some stranger has touched it, so just had to come straight back in and wash hands before I touched my face...
*Outwitting those blinking feral cats...
*Outwitting whatever is digging up my pots...
*Outwitting whatever has just begun to do tunnel digging in my back garden...it is big, eg badger size...
*I am sure there is something else I am trying to outwit...

Sigh....
Oh dear Gennepher...naughty beasts, I might have put it stronger! How very frustrating for you. It could be anything because nature is buzzing atm. We get many species criss crossing our garden at night. Its almost certainly after dark so could you put the pots in your shed overnight? Its all I can think of. Sending hugs galore.

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh dear Gennepher...naughty beasts, I might have put it stronger! How very frustrating for you. It could be anything because nature is buzzing atm. We get many species criss crossing our garden at night. Its almost certainly after dark so could you put the pots in your shed overnight? Its all I can think of. Sending hugs galore.
I did put it much stronger @PenguinMum but that would have got me banned online..

t2412.gif
t2401.gif
t1949.gif

I couldn't do that because the way to shed is blocked from that part of the garden...

Either I figure a plan by tonight, or I give up growing any food outdoors...

m1708.gif
m1723.gif
m1733.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
"..*squawk, noise, #**8 squa...ndon calling,
is anyone still out there...Over ?

day 24 of the Covid war.

Lock down still ongoing.
inside temp 35.6
radiation levels in the FBG range
food levels good
health levels good.
24/7 with Lauren working better then expected.

we are still talking, but the secret for the guys out there
is i ramped up that 'husband listening'..worked a treat.
i just nod at appropriate times, not been caught out yet.;)

News is constant about the war.

The generals keep saying we are winning but the numbers
of losses keep on mounting.

Rumours abound.

The truth ministry, say all is in hand, yet day after day another breach in security
is discovered.

Provocateurs, it's said, have attempted to destroy supply lines of PPE to the Field Medics,
but have been heroically destroyed by ministry troops on the orders of Gen Hanletsnotprep

Who has ordered an immediate ramping up of the previous ramping up.
we are at DEFCON #4. the highest level of ramping up.

After this it's conscription for all.. so we can take the ramping up to a new level.

Cant ask more of our heroic leaders.

And now those very provocateurs, have turned their dastardly wickedness at the weaker part of the front lines.

Care homes, taking advantage of the chaos to cause harm

Gen Pretty has refused to apologies for the action taken, in rooting out the perpetrators
firm action was need. NO time for weakness or pity.

I'm sure our heroic leader Gen Hanletsnotprep and Our beloved Prime minister Lazarus
with decisive action typical of their willingness to grasp the bitter nettles of truth.
WILL Ramp up the govt response and squash this heinous attack.

Word has it the response had been crushing.
4, 000...yes you heard that right...4K an unbelievable number
of those in care home settings.
have been nominated to go on the list to be tested,...once tests arrive.

The war goes on, but we will win.
the herd survives and remembers.

London, out.....*#** squawk, noise, #** squa..."

Last edited:
Reactions: Debandez and Ryhia