What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Managed to connect phone to laptop. And it eventually found the photos, but then ...thats it. Only option available is cancel.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are confused in this diabetic world we populate.

This morning I had a 6.6 on that @$$/% meter, then a couple of hours, some exersize, insulin and breakfast a healthy 3.8 was my reward, give me quantum mechanics any day over the diabetic simultaneous equation.

Now a quandary Mrs J and myself are deliberating over, do we send our children back to school or wait till after the summer holidays. Our children are not to happy about going back to school, they are 32 and 36 years old.

Have a good afternoon and keep the chanting noise to a reasonable level.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

UserABC2021

Type of diabetes
Prefer not to say
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Managed to connect phone to laptop. And it eventually found the photos, but then ...thats it. Only option available is cancel.

I'm sorry but there's not enough info there to work with.
What phone do you have?
What laptop do you use?
How did you connect... App/Bluetooth/Cable/WiFi/Home network

Answers to the above would help a lot :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hi ho Survivors

36.5 on the core temp
6,1 on the ion drive
and oxygen a poor 94%

a tad chesty early on, sure it's just the cat or dust or ANYTHING
but ...sshshh you know who.:bag:

and then i heard the missus, coughing a little bit more then normal

so i ask.."hay fever, hon ".she replies...phew..thank god for that..i said ...

but as i turned and left the room..it was more..:wideyed::woot:

things now a lot healthier sounding, so phew..:happy:

enjoy your Monday Sunday all
for those at work..stay safe, my friends.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The latest new thing to argue about by the muppets on todays crazy update quiz:

Loss of smell or taste have been added to the UK's list of coronavirus symptoms that people should look out for and self-isolate with.

“Why was this not added to the list sooner?” - “Can I ask a suplementary question about dripping noses and a poorly big toe?”

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.2 this morning

and I've put on 1.1Kg over the last 8 weeks of lockdown, having had such a major weight problem most of my life I figure I'll live with that ;)

Made a couple more snazzy masks this morning so we each have a few to go at if and when we get more time outside :D

Mum has finished knitting a lovely cabled aran weight cardi for me with some of the wool I had. Mum likes to have some knitting on the go for whilst she watches TV. now I just need to find some suitable buttons to sew on :)

I'm just knitting slowly away at a lace weight scarf (and I do mean slowly :hilarious:) because I'm spending more time outside now the weather is better and at least we get to speak with the neighbours going past :) plus I joined in the challenge of doing some art every day along with @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist which I'm enjoying :singing:

@SlimLizzy - Tricky stuff sometimes technology, it took me ages to figure out that if I want to copy files from the phone I use I need to go into the settings and tell my phone to act as a USB drive - who knew :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

art catch up for today -
copy of a work by an admirable artist/illustrator called Jan Evans. Once again an image originally found on Pinterest. - painted with the white Nights.
upload_2020-5-18_15-50-17.jpeg

no 2 keeping on with the theme from yesterday
sunset no 2 ;)
upload_2020-5-18_15-53-34.jpeg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg this morning was 4.9

A bit of a Pandora’s box problem, not for me though, happy to oblige, will be much fun for this thrill seeker. Mrs Miggins has asked me to tidy up her hair. This happened a couple of days ago so the job is being approached with stealth like trepidation. So far, my hair and beard clipping paraphernalia has worked it’s way downstairs and is sitting on the dining room table in plain view. The imagined tidy up may or may not happen but happy for it to rest there, Schrodinger like, in the locked box of her decision making tree like The Seven Bridges of Königsberg Problem - which in this case is probably easier to solve as you can look up that particular solution on the wibly web.

I am under pressure from Judith for the same thing at the moment told her I could give her a short back and sides if she likes but that's not to her liking can't say I blame her but I know if it all goes wrong it will be me wat gets the blame.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg this morning was 4.9

I am under pressure from Judith for the same thing at the moment told her I could give her a short back and sides if she likes but that's not to her liking can't say I blame her but I know if it all goes wrong it will be me wat gets the blame.
Well it happened this afternoon. All very cautious but seemed to go well.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad all is now well. Interesting to read of your bg's bouncbackability. Is that like the famous and controversial Somogyi phenomenon but produced by your friendly liver? (I have often wondered if my body does similar). Just to add from my post alluding to Wimbledon: much as I love sport I find it offensive that people are pushing for the return of professional sport.
I had to google Somogvi phenomenon. Very interesting that with this phenomenon insulin resistance increases after the rebound and blood sugars stay higher.

I get exactly the same thing. After my roller coaster lows and hypos the next day my blood sugars are significantly higher and this lasts for at least 12 hours - sometimes longer. Obviously my friendly liver is being much too friendly.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.2 this morning

and I've put on 1.1Kg over the last 8 weeks of lockdown, having had such a major weight problem most of my life I figure I'll live with that ;)

Made a couple more snazzy masks this morning so we each have a few to go at if and when we get more time outside :D

Mum has finished knitting a lovely cabled aran weight cardi for me with some of the wool I had. Mum likes to have some knitting on the go for whilst she watches TV. now I just need to find some suitable buttons to sew on :)

I'm just knitting slowly away at a lace weight scarf (and I do mean slowly :hilarious:) because I'm spending more time outside now the weather is better and at least we get to speak with the neighbours going past :) plus I joined in the challenge of doing some art every day along with @gennepher and @Muddy Cyclist which I'm enjoying :singing:

@SlimLizzy - Tricky stuff sometimes technology, it took me ages to figure out that if I want to copy files from the phone I use I need to go into the settings and tell my phone to act as a USB drive - who knew :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

art catch up for today -
copy of a work by an admirable artist/illustrator called Jan Evans. Once again an image originally found on Pinterest. - painted with the white Nights.
View attachment 41411

no 2 keeping on with the theme from yesterday
sunset no 2 ;)
View attachment 41412

Thank you @geefull

Both are wonderful paintings.
In particular, I love the treatment of the green hills in the first one.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@geefull two very different seascapes for today. I like the first, you have caught the curve of the bay and given good depth of field to this seascape. Not sure about the wet on wet clouds of the sunset at first I didn't like the dark edges then looking at it again I thought they worked, I think it's the sort of painting you can keep going back too and enjoy. Glad you are having fun and enjoying your art.

I have not managed to finish today's watercolour, I have been layering paint starting very light and building up, lifting off adding more, not sure it's working, each layer is supposed to bleed through, a slow process. A long way to go, the white unpainted area is going to be a stream, I hope.

IMG_3155.JPG

Sat and drew an Allium whilst the sun was out this morning so added it for good measure....

IMG_3156.JPG

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@geefull two very different seascapes for today. I like the first, you have caught the curve of the bay and given good depth of field to this seascape. Not sure about the wet on wet clouds of the sunset at first I didn't like the dark edges then looking at it again I thought they worked, I think it's the sort of painting you can keep going back too and enjoy. Glad you are having fun and enjoying your art.

I have not managed to finish today's watercolour, I have been layering paint starting very light and building up, lifting off adding more, not sure it's working, each layer is supposed to bleed through, a slow process. A long way to go, the white unpainted area is going to be a stream, I hope.

View attachment 41414
Sat and drew an Allium whilst the sun was out this morning so added it for good measure....

View attachment 41415

The painting is looking good @Muddy Cyclist
I look forward to the next bit...

I like the drawing of the Allium.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Today's pastel painting is a misty scene, from my box of source material of photos, clippings, and odds and ends.
Soft pastels on pale grey paper.
Took just over an hour.

View attachment 41406
Mountain Mists and forests are so magical, well captured in this work. You have managed to make the colour shine out from the greyness of the mist as it does in nature, brilliant.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mountain Mists and forests are so magical, well captured in this work. You have managed to make the colour shine out from the greyness of the mist as it does in nature, brilliant.
Thank you for this beautiful compliment @Muddy Cyclist

Over the years I have watched these beautiful effects in nature, that I/you feel you cannot possibly achieve in a painting. Especially after a dark rainstorm (when you are on a hill/mountain), and the sun suddenly comes out and illuminates all the fields in the valley below. Nature is magic.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for this beautiful compliment @Muddy Cyclist

Over the years I have watched these beautiful effects in nature, that I/you feel you cannot possibly achieve in a painting. Especially after a dark rainstorm (when you are on a hill/mountain), and the sun suddenly comes out and illuminates all the fields in the valley below. Nature is magic.
Somethings we see are never meant to be captured, they are just for the moment.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6,3 for me today.

Lots of nice gentle rain over night and now sunshine, perfect.

Meeting SIL for a long Mountain Bike Ride this morning. We are both cycling to an agreed meeting point and then will let the trails take us where they will, we both agreed and promised Mrs MC and daughter, no technical, no red mist, no speed and social distance.

Had to help neighbour charge, start and explain how to check air preassur in car yesterday, she lost partner 3 weeks ago and is struggling. Very difficult to keep social distance, I tried, she kept forgetting a little worrying as she's been in and out of hospital with her poorly mom and gets lots of visitors trying to sort the estate after her loss. If we found it disfficuk, (edit that's a new word from it that thinks it knows better) DIFFICULT when trying it's going to be very hard in the workplace, schools and once the size of groups that can meet start to expand.

Cherish each moment of your day and use it well. Take care.

Last edited: