1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2020 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alien Aspie, Apr 24, 2019.

1. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Quick Morening all

7.2 this morning

Orf out again packed lunch is packed, Mrs J is up and about issuing instructions, I better listen, but perhaps not then today can be a mystery .

Have a great day, me and me's hope to.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 5
  2. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Depressing news today.

Slogans won't get the World king and Rasputin out of this one.

We are all in a big fix now and need to find a way to keep those who are vulnerable safe.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
    #31542 lindisfel, Sep 17, 2020 at 7:50 AM
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  3. Krystyna23040

Krystyna23040 Type 2 (in remission!) · Well-Known Member

5.3 today. Yesterday a hectic day. Today much calmer- lots of time to catch up with the admin before I am.off to Norwich for the evening classes -:with my checklist. I definitely do not want another midnight dash to Norwich to close the windows.

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  4. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Good morning everyone from a gleam of yellow and a pale hue of blue in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of and early dinner out with eldest granddaughter came in at 5.4 this am

Granddaughter number 2’s birthday yesterday - 6 - video link to see fun and frolics with a piñata in the garden and then the ceremonial opening of gifts and cards, twin sisters helping out.

@Muddy Cyclist - hug for the prospects of giant tomatoes - lino prints - loads of effort - takes me back to my mother making Christmas cards and an ink stained oilcloth on the kitchen table. I like your sketch.

@geefull - thank you for your kind comments. Tree - smashing and yes, will make a wonderful avatar. Another fine watercolour - I like the clouds, heavy with rain. Well, all of it really.

@gennepher - out and about with IPad - great industrial scene - reminds me of the A55 going past Ellesmere Port and Queensferry on our way to the mountains.

@JohnEGreen - you put yourself down - great stuff - and on a phone. I see a murmuration - fabulous.

Phew! I hope everyone has a very good day, I now need some koffy.

upload_2020-9-17_8-3-0.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    #31544 dunelm, Sep 17, 2020 at 8:03 AM
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  5. lindisfel

I am sure, John, if monkeys can write a Shakespearean sonnet, you in relatively short order will produce a Turner!
    Keep up the practice.
    D.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  6. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you. I can oblige with that industrial landscape if you like @dunelm it is a few miles up the road...I wouldn't mind an early morning visit to The Works nearby, while I'm still allowed to cross the border into that strange land called England, for bits and pieces.

I love your little scene of froggy, fisherman, and dragonflies...brilliant!

• Friendly Friendly x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  7. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Fbg 6.4

No painting yet...haven't decided what to do. Looks a beautiful sunny day, so that is me in my garden for today. Stay at home day and pretend I am on holiday...I have all my amenities here. Going to bid on eBay shortly....

Take care...have fun...chill out...enjoy your day...

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Like Like x 2
  8. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Its proved it's worth over & over again.

• Friendly Friendly x 6
  9. HarryBeau

Morning...cooler today enjoying the breeze...finally all my paperwork done invoiced & delivered to our office in London so good to get that out of the way...coffee brewing the cats have gone out Charlie is improving day by day...so some wuiet time while I soak up my caffeine...woke to a 6.8...keep safe everyone.

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Welcome, sorry a bit slow responding but somehow your post sneaked in and I missed it.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Muddy Cyclist

Persist away, it all looks promising to me and creativity is good for the soul, look forward to more.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Muddy Cyclist

Sounds like you are well on top of everything, a day to relax and watch the world go by.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you.

So much going on in your art today, lazy fisher men, busy insects and Mr Froggy looking very suspiciously at that helicopter. Some fine drawing techniques included in this digital art.

• Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Muddy Cyclist

Good Morning, late, and 6.3 for me today.

Still decorating here, what a waste of good weather and free vitamin D but takes my mind off the discomfort of my bloomin abscess. Lots to do before new floor can be laid, Mrs MC wants Parquey, saw pound signs in fitters eyes :) , this of course is to be blamed on Current Covid pandemic, no money spent on Holliday so it can be spent elsewhere. :joyful:

Do whatever you do best and enjoy it. Keep safe.

• Winner Winner x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. HarryBeau

Sounds like a great plan MC but the weeks of neglect to the house mean a busy day if I can get myself up from the sofa!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Asda finally arrived but I was not lazy in my waiting. A quick (for me) rendition of one of my fav places... Jodrell Bank, or as it's known to Brummies - Jodrell Bank :)

Jodrell_Bank.jpg

• Winner Winner x 10
  17. lindisfel

Azure skies and bright sunshine this cool but
    beautiful autumn day. Walked up the hill at the back of the house but visibilty not as good as it can be, perhaps 30 miles.

We went out to as close to Scotland as we could at Bowness on Solway on monday am where a few birders were loosely gathered watching and photographing Arctic shore birds at high tide. I didn't try very hard to get any picts but because the road round the 'island' is very close to the shore a car makes an ideal hide.

When we got home we found the 'young horse woman' who rides her two hunters past us every day, had left us another dozen eggs, as she has done particularly during lockdown since March....this has been done out of kindness, refusing to accept any payment.
    D.

• Winner Winner x 9
  18. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Don’t get caught art smuggling over that border. Thank you for your comments on the picture.

• Funny Funny x 7
  19. Muddy Cyclist

At first glance I though you had posted a photograph, then I realised it's a great digital rendition of this iconic place, brilliant.

It's known to us Black Country Folk as Jodrul Bonk. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Alien Aspie

Alien Aspie Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Always found it funny how people confuse Brum and the Black Country dialects. I blame Benny from Crossroads

• Funny Funny x 9
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook