What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today.

Grand day yesterday, walk, chat and play music in the Recorder Quartet everything from The Beetles to Sarabands by Bach, then some folk on guitars, banjo, Mandolin and Psaltery no singing involved. So no art from me yesterday sorry.

Today I have to take Mrs MC to hospital to have a small lump removed from her scalp which she keeps catching whilst brushing her hair, in and out procedure. With all the NHS hold ups we are hearing about in Mrs MC's case from first seeing the GP then consultant and now operation only took 6 weeks.

I have a 99 year old Aunty, my godmother, who is in hospital with breathing difficulty, non Covid related, she lived at home on her own until last week. She is refusing medication and food and hospital rang my cousin to ask how they felt about letting her leave this world with just palliative care. In itself no one's got any issues with this but her two sons can't visit, can't discuss this with her or face to face with doctors, the hospital is in a lockdown area. It must be so scary for my Aunty and so distressing for sons, seriously hard Covid times.

Make today worthwhile. Keep safe.
Difficult times and yes, scary, stressful and deeply upsetting. My dad had a heart attack in September. They put a stent in but when they discussed operations he discharged himself from hospital and went home on his 91st birthday having decided that if he was to go, it would not be in hospital.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Adventurous as ever, a new digital app! There is definitely a feel that pastels have been used to create your art and without all that dust and messy fingers.

What I like is the feeling I am using pastels @Muddy Cyclist and as you say without all that mess and dustiness that aggravates my asthma.
I will be playing with this app for awhile!:)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
A lowish 3.8 this morning just had some coffee and cheese on toast and hope that brings it up a bit.

Judith was so looking forward to working from home today but when she brought the lap top home last night found it would not connect to the NHS network after a fruitless hour long conversation by phone with a IT guy I now have to drive her into work to get it sorted problem is she has no work station phone or office to use in there so it is going to be a little difficult to sort out. I shall probably end up sitting in the car park with a book to read while she is trying to get it sorted.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a wet and bouncingly noisy start in the dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of fried greed tomatoes with eggs and bacon romped home at 4.8 this am

I brought in all the green tomatoes yesterday thinking to put them in paper bags to ripen and then thought - make chutney - so I did - but then saved 4 and did fried greed tomatoes in whistlestop time. Absolutely delicious. Why had I not done this before.
Summer shed now has a coating on acrylic based waterproofing on curtesy of Mrs Miggins - I will check it once it gets light to see if it OK or in need of another coat.

Waterfalls have been featured recently so here is another, perhaps a couple of brush strokes too many but hey ho - ink on rice paper.
Have a wonderful day if you can - it’s wellies and waterproofs here I think but first some koffy.

View attachment 44495
A great feeling of a powerful waterfall @dunelm :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today.

Grand day yesterday, walk, chat and play music in the Recorder Quartet everything from The Beetles to Sarabands by Bach, then some folk on guitars, banjo, Mandolin and Psaltery no singing involved. So no art from me yesterday sorry.

Today I have to take Mrs MC to hospital to have a small lump removed from her scalp which she keeps catching whilst brushing her hair, in and out procedure. With all the NHS hold ups we are hearing about in Mrs MC's case from first seeing the GP then consultant and now operation only took 6 weeks.

I have a 99 year old Aunty, my godmother, who is in hospital with breathing difficulty, non Covid related, she lived at home on her own until last week. She is refusing medication and food and hospital rang my cousin to ask how they felt about letting her leave this world with just palliative care. In itself no one's got any issues with this but her two sons can't visit, can't discuss this with her or face to face with doctors, the hospital is in a lockdown area. It must be so scary for my Aunty and so distressing for sons, seriously hard Covid times.

Make today worthwhile. Keep safe.

Loads of hugs for you @Muddy Cyclist your family. And especially your Aunty a very brave valiant soul who knows what she wants.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Still no known fbg (by choice), so definitely a known unknown. I'm sorry but I don't know all the unknown, unknowns. Someone said they live at No 35 - who knows? On behalf of you all I either talked to myself or asked God for those things which are requisite and necessary, as well for the body as the soul. Made me feel like a nicer, kinder little boy if nothing else. Byeee

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
That was 8 miles John.
Swinderby used to have Vampires when I was young.
D.
I know it's coming up to Halloween but I take it you mean these Vampires not the blood sucking sort.

vampire 2.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.7

Painting this morning in iPastels. Just playing out of my head again. I had an idea of a painting in my head, but I am not competent yet with the settings and tools available. It was to have been a misty painting with a person coming out of the mist, but I ended up doing this. And it included the ubiquitous waterfall...

The only quarrel I had with this app this morning was the undo tool undid more than the last stroke. Grrrr.

But then I thought, you don't get an undo tool in actual pastels, so I don't use it now.

Have a good positive day :)

C6998C43-37D4-4CEA-B192-8AFF7C166650.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
But then I thought, you don't get an undo tool in actual pastels, so I don't use it now.
Now there's an interesting thread. Would an undo tool be useful in real life and what would you undo? I admire your attitude to life and applaud your creativity and tenacity in producing the daily art whatever life throws your way. I may be the polar opposite in so many ways but that doesn't hinder me appreciating the yin in others that my own yang probably needs.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now there's an interesting thread. Would an undo tool be useful in real life and what would you undo? I admire your attitude to life and applaud your creativity and tenacity in producing the daily art whatever fe throws your way. I may be the polar opposite in so many ways but that doesn't hinder me appreciating the yin in others that my own yang probably needs.

Thank you.

I am not sure an undo tool would have a doable purpose as we go along in real life @ianpspurs

Because, to illustrate from one of my digital paintings, once I start using the undo tool, I then undo the next bit, and then the next bit, and I end up deleting the painting. And I lose something that the original painting had. And I can never create it again. So I go off on another tangent.

I wouldn't undo anything in my life, at least none of my actions in life.. I regret nothing. They are my experiences and learning, and are the sum total of me.

But to undo the actions of others towards me, if it were possible, wouldn't be allowable or viable, would it, because of the knock on effect of everything.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
7.45am FBG 6.8

7.10am FBG 6.3

Both nights stress snacking. Must get a hold on myself.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Bill.

I see the body as a highly complex machine,
With checks and balances to stop YOU killing it accidentally.

When we stop giving the body what it's used to, it isn't aware we are doing it with good intentions, so begins making up the shortfall of what IT believes OUR body needs.

After a few or weeks I found the same for me, good efforts not reflected in the number

But with the same consistent approach, it seemed to learn I was SAFE,
And then began dialing down the extra help.

My advise for the early stages of LCHF
( 6 months) would be still check daily,
but don't me too perturbed by a higher number then wished for based in foods eaten,
Look to the drop over a week or two for the progress.

I do however think the pre / post food bgs tell us much more about how well we are managing this new way of eating,
and give valuable insight into how to tailor our new diet to have the best effect pleasure v better choices.

As said previously, if your not enjoying the food you are choosing to eat, higher likely hood you won't stay the course.

Just my tuppence worth, no more knowledgeable then many others on here.

But never hurts to have another viewpoint to help make rational decisions.

I would, if you haven't got it already, recommend Jason fungs, the diabetes code

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0795BLS8D/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_LIAFFbZNQJ23K

For a bodger mechanic like me, I saw this like a Haynes manual for T2D.
All models, all years...;)

Is it the Bible..no.
But it does give a very good overview of what IS happening to us as we tackle this disease.

Good luck on the journey.
You'll find your way, for sure.
That is exactly what I have found.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.7

Painting this morning in iPastels. Just playing out of my head again. I had an idea of a painting in my head, but I am not competent yet with the settings and tools available. It was to have been a misty painting with a person coming out of the mist, but I ended up doing this. And it included the ubiquitous waterfall...

The only quarrel I had with this app this morning was the undo tool undid more than the last stroke. Grrrr.

Have a good positive day :)

View attachment 44497
Spooky and mysterious trees, guardians of the mystic waterfall. Definitely pastels.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 today. Feeling really tired today but am going to catch up with reading the 'i' this morning. I will definitely be speed reading it as I haven't even opened Mondays edition. Am looking forward to doing the daily suduko.

My sister is in the office helping with the admin. I usually work in there also on the second computer but I can't do that anymore as the office is too small to social distance.