What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
No proper painting from me today. Visited a garden to see its Autumn outfit. Took with me Walnut ink and three others, Canary Yellow, Orange and green, one rigger brush and a sketch pad. Plein Air drawing of the quarry, steep steps go down, quarry full of Rhododendrons and tall trees reaching for the light. Quick ink wash A4 and about 15 minutes as Mrs MC was chilly when we were not exploring....
IMG_3955.JPG

Have enough sketches and photos to now start some proper Autumn watercolour paintings.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I do gennepher...worth sending them an email asking for clarification I would reorder...obviously can't guarantee I'm right but the same thing happened to me...if the package is damaged there may be some items missing or damaged so they won't deliver.

I admit I panicked with all that is going on at the moment. Things are weird. I even had a DM from a friend on the other side of the world earlier asking how were we going to get food if we were locked in our houses for two weeks in Wales...

I did re order, but only half the original order. The other half I will go and get myself first thing in the morning. It's cat stuff, cat food etc, and I want to make sure I have actually got it. I need to travel further than I would be allowed to travel once this Firebreak starts.

I will do an email like you suggest, in the morning when I come back.

Thanks @HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher you do have some strange days. I had a business account in a Nat West Bank, for some reason they always needed someone in the bank to identify me when I took out payroll money, yes old days, I always had to put my cap ON to be recongnised, weird.

Like your spooky evening Pastel today, waiting for something to happen.

I have the weirdest of days...

I remember those days in the bank!

I still don't know how she knew it was me. Because if me had come towards me like that, I would have wondered who the heck that was...

I think I need to go to sleep...

Thank you for the painting compliment @Muddy Cyclist
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good evening all :)

@gennepher - those postcards are a real slice of history, I used to love trad. markets where you could buy almost anything ;)
your artwork is good, so atmospheric and interesting :)

art bit -
every now and then I put a building in :hilarious:
from a photo on the internet.

View attachment 44769
Thank you for the painting compliment @geefull

Your painting is a beautiful, calm, peaceful scene. I think I will buy that cottage there for my hermitage retreat away from the world...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Fbg was 6.2 this morning.

@lindisfel hope your daughter gets better soon.

@gennepher I had ordered something off Ebay the other day it was due to arrive this morning but got an Email from the seller informing me that they had by mistake sent me the wrong package and could I confirm that for them when the package arrived it indeed the wrong item.

So they have asked me if it would be OK to send me a label in the post and if I could would I post the package I received to it's rightful owner meanwhile they would send me my order in the post today I said OK but it just seems an odd thing to have happen.

Just thought I would share a photo Melody shared with me today.

Swans by Melody.jpg

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
As for banks one lasting memory I have is of being in the on base bank at St Mawgan as St Mawgan had a large number of American marine core on the base they used to use the bank also but they had to carry their weapons with them at all times so I would be in the bank quite often when there would be several heavily armed marines in there I'm not sure but I think the tellers always looked a little nervous on those occasions.

@ianpspurs I meant to ask is the goose for the celebration of Saint Martin's day.

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg was 6.2 this morning.

@lindisfel hope your daughter gets better soon.

@gennepher I had ordered something off Ebay the other day it was due to arrive this morning but got an Email from the seller informing me that they had by mistake sent me the wrong package and could I confirm that for them when the package arrived it indeed the wrong item.

So they have asked me if it would be OK to send me a label in the post and if I could would I post the package I received to it's rightful owner meanwhile they would send me my order in the post today I said OK but it just seems an odd thing to have happen.

Just thought I would share a photo Melody shared with me today.

View attachment 44771
Definitely a complicated thing to happen...
A beautiful photo of Melanie's.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No proper painting from me today. Visited a garden to see its Autumn outfit. Took with me Walnut ink and three others, Canary Yellow, Orange and green, one rigger brush and a sketch pad. Plein Air drawing of the quarry, steep steps go down, quarry full of Rhododendrons and tall trees reaching for the light. Quick ink wash A4 and about 15 minutes as Mrs MC was chilly when we were not exploring....
View attachment 44770
Have enough sketches and photos to now start some proper Autumn watercolour paintings.
A lovely painting sketch full of light @Muddy Cyclist
I look forward to your Autumn series.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Late evening fellow posters and painters.

A 6.8 this morning.

Busy day today, started early for me and I ran out of energy early this evening.
Tomorrow will be national bin day and will be another day in the great scheme of things.

Nite, nite and here's to tomorrow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You go on so many adventures, some chaotic, some heroic some bizarre and funny. Maybe your reputation perceives you. :)

I know I do. I don't understand how other people don't have 'adventures like' I do. I do like my own company, but on the few occasions I allow someone, to join me, they have an adventure/experience that is really different for them.

J, the week before he died, thanked me for all the adventures and amazing experiences, which I seem to attract, that we had on on our time together (I don't need a hug for this, I am not being maudlin, it was just so lovely he said that.).

I will be later posting in here tomorrow. I need to get the cat food and stuff Amazon let me down on. Then maybe I can hibernate...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 today. Raining heavily at the moment. I love the sound of rain on the conservatory roof - especially when the conservatory is so warm and cosy.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. @JohnEGreen yes, the goose is for St Martin's day and I gave a winner for Melody's photo. Day 1 of Moana fest. One day closer to completing phase 1 of Humdrum Designs and restarting my own Test and Trace scheme. Can I have what Dido gets paid please? No 3 son spent a long time on video call berating me for not eating enough and "wasting away" yesterday evening. If I could make LC more palatable I would young man. Haunch of venison being cooked today and all I want to eat is mackerel and avocado salad:arghh:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s a second go at today in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of “should have tested when you were up slurping tea at 3am” came in at 5.6 this am.
@geefull - thank you for your comments and also for the splendid watercolour of my AirB&B holiday location. Tiny hints of sunshine behind those clouds.
@Muddy Cyclist - another smashing autumnal sketch and looking forward to your 2020 autumn collection. You can re-stock the ink using tea!
@JohnEGreen - smashing photo by Melody.

Somebody help me. Keep on running. RIP Spencer Davis and thank you for your music.
International bin day today lets all go out and clap for the bin lorry cavalcade - two today - recycling and then the garden bin. If that was not enough excitement the chimney sweep is due at 10.

A go at getting birds into the scene today and also a hint of autumn. Have a wonderful day and remember that warning by Jenny Joseph. Time for koffy.

upload_2020-10-21_8-49-9.jpeg

upload_2020-10-21_8-48-45.jpeg