1. Get the Diabetes Forum App for your phone - available on iOS and Android.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, we'd love to know what you think about the forum! Take the Diabetes Forum Survey 2021 »
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Diabetes Forum should not be used in an emergency and does not replace your healthcare professional relationship. Posts can be seen by the public.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Guest, stay home, stay safe, save the NHS. Stay up to date with information about keeping yourself and people around you safe here and GOV.UK: Coronavirus (COVID-19). Think you have symptoms? NHS 111 service is available here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Find support, ask questions and share your experiences. Join the community »

What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by UserABC2021, Apr 24, 2019.

1. alf_Josiah

alf_Josiah Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are left confused by the equation that is diabetes.

This mornings readings firstly a 4.2 which is well into my hypo range, but I had no symptoms so I did again using a different finger and a more believable 5.6, so me and me's are sticking with the 5.6.

Here in Tilehurst Towers it is raining, shame but never mind. I won't melt, but might drown or go rusty.

A gentle reminder today is national bin day and sprouts are beginning to be in short supply, best panic buy.

• Winner Winner x 9
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ianpspurs

ianpspurs Type 2 · Master

Bin day is different here in an annex of Uncle Sam where y'all kinda leave'em where you want until emptied. Local BBC news featured a young American servicewoman being shown her posting live. Hers was here and the facial expression was epic. Florida to Mildenhall - unlucky. We travel all the way to Iceland for Christmas sprouts. They are small, firm and pert (ah, memories) quite functional when roast/pan fried with chorizo and chestnuts. Long way to go but worth the effort.

• Funny Funny x 9
    #33442 ianpspurs, Oct 21, 2020 at 9:22 AM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  3. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Morning...peeing down here this morning that should prove interesting for next doors landscaping...working this morning so no doubt lots of waiting chasing up and more waiting...interesting developments in Manchester yesterday the money isn't available but now it's till on the table...no confirmation on what they have to do to get it..murmurings the government are now targeting Sadiq Khan with conditions for financial support for Transport For London...apparently if TFL do not comply with conditions including fare rises they will take over the running of it...how much longer until they come for our forum?...woke to a oops forgot all about FBG...keep safe everyone.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Hug Hug x 1
  4. UserABC2021

UserABC2021 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Such an exciting morning. Bin men came and went followed by Tim in his ASDA van. A cheery chap from West Brom.

Testing the new VPN from Mozilla (makers of Firefox). So far it is very good, I have it loaded on 3 devices (you can max at 5), two iOS and one Win10. I use Firefox so all three are normally synched and unlike my usual VPN (IPVanish) there has been no lag or drops. Price is great too, works out at £3.99/m ($4.99/m) which is cheaper than the competition.

You can sign up and try it for a month, money back if not chuffed.

Is it trustworthy? Yeah... it's Mozilla ♥♥♥♥♥ :)

• Winner Winner x 9
  5. mojo37

mojo37 Type 2 · Well-Known Member

I think its to prove he had actually delivered it . If it had to be signed for a lot of the time delivery guys have to photo parcels etc to " show " that they have delivered them because no one signs now re covid . On the other hand we had a supposed delivery
    via Hermes the other week with a photo proof that it had been delivered but it had certainly not because people were home at the supposed delivery time. So now having to fight a case to get either the goods or a refund . All crazy:rolleyes: stuff . I'm in Wales too so off we go again in full lockdown mode :banghead:

• Like Like x 5
    • Hug Hug x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. mojo37

I have moved out of the dratted 7's but in the wrong direction with a 8.1 , own fault as the lure of the comforting carbs have been calling and I have answered too readly :rolleyes:

• Hug Hug x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ianpspurs

Tomorrow's another day and you'll be in Tier 2 again in no time. Obviously parts of the Carb Withdrawal agreement need renegotiating/disapplying as they don't suit. Those carbs are just being intransigent :angelic:

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    #33447 ianpspurs, Oct 21, 2020 at 11:52 AM
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2020
  8. HarryBeau

HarryBeau Type 2 · Well-Known Member

My least favourite delivery services had so many problems with them previously...if I am aware Hermes are delivering before the purchase I'm likely to buy somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Hug Hug x 1
  9. mojo37

Mostly we have had good service from them we did have a regular guy but this new one seems to be a load of the proverbial

• Hug Hug x 8
  10. UserABC2021

UserABC2021 Prefer not to say · Well-Known Member

Total waste of space, every delivery by them to me has ended up a mile or two away with them refusing to go get it. As you say, if I know Hermes is the carrier I will shop elsewhere.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 4
  11. Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist Type 2 · Well-Known Member

Thank you.
    Two masterclass pieces from yourself today, I like your landscape and the different density of inks to give depth. The autumn tree bark is well drawn and detailed.

Agree it's you Sad loss of a great musician.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Muddy Cyclist

I took @dunelm advise and worked on my Walnut Ink Oak tree sketch adding black to the ink for darker shades and other colour inks for Autumn feel. I included the original as a thumb nail so you can compare the two....
    IMG_3957.JPG
    As it was when @dunelm suggested working on it shown below.
    IMG_3950.JPG

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ianpspurs

That part looks so like a well known man who tests his eyesight in unconventional ways:angelic:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 6
  14. dunelm

dunelm Type 2 (in remission!) · Expert

Wow - what a wonderful tree - showing all it’s age and majesty - green leaves turning into browns and reds - fab.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. gennepher

gennepher Type 2 · Expert

Fbg 6.5

Got back. Had a nap. Now to read your posts.

To be honest this pic might be a bit small to see. But it is the biggest file size I can make it to post here. I went down to the docks after my cat food shopping to maybe draw a sketch. I took a couple of pics first. This is the first panoramic I have taken with this phone camera. To the left is the Power Station, then the Flintshire Bridge, then some industry, then all the way up towards Chester, which is out of sight.

But 3 men in cars came along, and were doing some dodgy dealing between cars, so I crept back to my car, and came home.

So I am doing a painting in iPastels now, but not finished yet.

Anyway here is the panoramic photo ..

IMG_21102020_144633_(4805_x_1750_pixel).jpg

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  16. gennepher

Wow two beautiful different paintings today @dunelm
    I like both, but I have a leaning towards the top one.

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  17. gennepher

Hi @mojo37
    I sit on front window guard now around the time a parcel is due, because although I haven't had a problem with the parcel not being there even when photographed, other people in this area have. The parcels affected have apparently been with Amazon, Next, and Hermes. I get this info on my local online site. It has affected a lot of people and they were wondering if it was the delivery guys, but it wasn't. There were two women of an East European nationality (I won't be specific here because that is unfair to all the good hard working people of that nationality). Photos have been taken of them doing it, taking the parcels. And presented to the police, but they are still doing it. A man drives them around in a car, presumably following the delivery van. It is obviously rich pickings for them with everyone having stuff delivered now.

I have parcels due the next few days, and one this afternoon. And so i am on front window duty, to see when anything comes up the road. I am tired and would love to go back to sleep after being out this morning. But i won't.

Hugs for you and your missing parcel.

It actually feels almost in full lockdown mode now. There is hardly anyone in the roads or at the shops.

• Informative Informative x 6
    • Hug Hug x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. gennepher

An absolutely brilliant powerful majestic tree @Muddy Cyclist

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. lindisfel

lindisfel · Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Another nice day in the very north of England and the sun is shining this afternoon. Its relatively mild atm so not many birds feeding.

Wife contacted daughter this am, she is very unwell in bed, but we hope and pray she improves over next week. Many thanks for all your good wishes.
    D.

• Hug Hug x 9
  20. Muddy Cyclist

Thank you.

• Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  • Meet the Community

Find support, connect with others, ask questions and share your experiences with people with diabetes, their carers and family.

Did you know: 7 out of 10 people improve their understanding of diabetes within 6 months of being a Diabetes Forum member. Get the Diabetes Forum App and stay connected on iOS and Android

Grab the app!
  • Tweet with us

• Like us on Facebook