What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
My fbg this morning was 5.1 I think it was some time ago now.

Spent a bit of a sleepless night with rather painful feet and legs only one thing to do in the circumstances get up and walk around the house for a while.

Then I thought I could use the time gainfully so baked some Granary bread for Judith's breakfast turned out quite well.

Adrian is having his follow up test for covid today hopefully it will be negative but then he will have to isolate from those who are positive sadly some of them are rather poorly at the moment.

Heard from Keiran yesterday he was quite chuffed with getting a result of 84% on an exam he took subject was Advanced Macro Economics, don't ask me, it's way beyond me but in the present circumstances that's pretty good going or as his Professor said quite remarkable.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh what a lovely morning...
Oh what a beautiful day...
I have never had so much fun in my entire life buying Xmas decorations.
Now I need a nap.
Then I will unpack my Xmas decoration goodies.
I think the rubber ducks are my favourite...they are Xmas themed...

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a dull start to the ceremonial cleansing of the waste on this International Bin Day in the dark and dangerous north

Found a small sample of black rice paper yesterday (15 x 7 cm). Not something that I would choose so splodged some white onto it in the hope of attracting a change in the weather. Have an excellent day if you can - if it creaks, spray it with WD40, if broken, use the duct tape. Koffy time.
View attachment 45699

That looks good on the black rice paper....

Reactions: jjraak

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Missed a few days: 225 unread messages!

8.45am FBG 6.5

7.30am FBG 5.7

6.30am FBG 5.8
Back to bed
8.35am FBG 6.0 that blasted DP even kicks in when asleep.

6.55 FBG 6.2
We are still in Norwich, staying with Son1. Awaiting gov announcement re tiers as to whether he will be able to go back to work this weekend. Work would be good for him, something to occupy his mind and less time for brooding, shut up alone in a flat with nothing to do. Am seriously worried about him and unable to help in any meaningful way.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My fbg this morning was 5.1 I think it was some time ago now.

Spent a bit of a sleepless night with rather painful feet and legs only one thing to do in the circumstances get up and walk around the house for a while.

Then I thought I could use the time gainfully so baked some Granary bread for Judith's breakfast turned out quite well.

Adrian is having his follow up test for covid today hopefully it will be negative but then he will have to isolate from those who are positive sadly some of them are rather poorly at the moment.

Heard from Keiran yesterday he was quite chuffed with getting a result of 84% on an exam he took subject was Advanced Macro Economics, don't ask me, it's way beyond me but in the present circumstances that's pretty good going or as his Professor said quite remarkable.
Winner for most of plaster but hug for discomfort.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Oh what a lovely morning...
Oh what a beautiful day...
I have never had so much fun in my entire life buying Xmas decorations.
Now I need a nap.
Then I will unpack my Xmas decoration goodies.
I think the rubber ducks are my favourite...they are Xmas themed...
would love to see the Xmas ducks. ( checked spelling very carefully)

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm winter cometh! Black rice paper, not come cross before, interesting.

This year our family, other than Grandaughters are making presents for each other. I have decided to paint in oils my sons dog, who is black, and I aim to attempt it on a classical master portrait background of black, did Prime coat toady. Should be fun or funny.:)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Finished watercolour of view over Birches Valley started a couple of days ago. A4 watercolour about 90 mins.

IMG_4150.JPG

Looking at posted picture I think I will do more work on the foreground.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm winter cometh! Black rice paper, not come cross before, interesting.

This year our family, other than Grandaughters are making presents for each other. I have decided to paint in oils my sons dog, who is black, and I aim to attempt it on a classical master portrait background of black, did Prime coat toady. Should be fun or funny.:)
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist - I bought a sample pack a few weeks ago with about 30 small swatches of paper - included were reds, oranges, browns, some with gold flecks in - some sizes, some semi-sized and some unsized - who knew!
Nice Birch bye the way - all those delicate upper branches and twigs. Spot on.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
would love to see the Xmas ducks. ( checked spelling very carefully)

I will photograph them @SlimLizzy when they are in situ...

That is the trouble with the i being in such close proximity to the u and the o...and also the d being in such close proximity to the f...

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist - I bought a sample pack a few weeks ago with about 30 small swatches of paper - included were reds, oranges, browns, some with gold flecks in - some sizes, some semi-sized and some unsized - who knew!
Nice Birch bye the way - all those delicate upper branches and twigs. Spot on.
Thank you, all Trees in winter costumes for the next few months. :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My painting for today.
I was very tired when I got back from my successful morning, so had a long nap. Now I am ready for bed. Cat is digging all the way to China in the cat tray, which means I shall need a peg for my nose in a mo...good job I bought some nice new ones today...
This is a quickie, in Procreate, too tired for much else.
869430A7-CFFE-4044-A60C-DE39B5CA47D4.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My painting for today.
I was very tired when I got back from my successful morning, so had a long nap. Now I am ready for bed. Cat is digging all the way to China in the cat tray, which means I shall need a peg for my nose in a mo...good job I bought some nice new ones today...
This is a quickie, in Procreate, too tired for much else.
View attachment 45706
Very Northern Lights and superb especially as you were so exhausted. I realy like the way the image flows very organic.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am posting this before I completely ruin it. This is my first attempt at a Classic Italian or Dutch master oil painting of my sons dog for a Christmas Present, A3 on canvas. I'm not sure how it's going to work Black dog, dark background, I must be mad....
IMG_4152.JPG

Not sure if background should have been painted last but all that white canvas seemed hard to paint the dog on. I have no idea what I'm doing, poor Sooty, that's the dog.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
GRrrrr! First Christmas Lights appear in our Close, tacky, not even aesthetically pleasing, OK sound humbug but I really dislike strings of flashing lights with no thought to where or how they are arranged and don't get me started on blowup santas. :(

I do like Christmas but not tat!

Reactions: Krystyna23040