What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@Muddy Cyclist quite a soulful looking Sooty-dog! There is a Christmas wreath and a lights of a tree at my neighbours two doors down. My tree is firmly waiting until two weeks before Christmas!
Thank you, Sooty the ugliest dog I have ever come across, :) but my son and grandaughters love him.

Christmas for us will start about the same time as yours, also we still have no floors in Kitchen or Hall so a bit pointless until those are in place.

Your recording sessions must be a nightmare especially as it's for something so important. I know how frustrating trying to record myself playing instrument parts for virtual music sessions and that's for fun.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
8.5 this morning woke at 3.30 and couldn't get back off to sleep bit annoying because I change my shift from an to a late so that I could at least sleep till 7 ish . Ah well that's sod law , the higher number is a mixture of too little sleep and a late evening meal . Lovely and frosty here anything is better than the continual rain :)
But you are still on the case which is good, stick with it.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good evening all :)

4.4 today

out shopping early closely followed by the ritual of green bin positioning by the road ;)

Bloomin' cold today, 1'C as the sun came up, lovely sunny sky though :) We saw a really interesting cloud on our way to the shops, looked just like a chubby five pointed star, of course by the time we got to the shops it had changed so no pictures :sorry:

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@lindisfel - another great bird picture from you, I like the cheeky cocked head and bright eye :)

@JohnEGreen - hope things are less painful for you soon and that brother Adrian keeps well and gets the test result he wants :)

@Muddy Cyclist - one good thing about oil paint is you can tweak the background as you go, you're definitely braver than me tryiing an old master style dog portrait.
Particularly lovely silver birches, so delicate, they're just like the ones down the road from mum's :joyful:

mr gee is in agreement with you, he quite likes Christmas too but he does not like random 'tat' at all ;)

@dunelm - interesting to see the reversal, I've never tried black paper. The moon is lovely, and the temple stands out nicely on the black backgrou :) it's made an interesting landscape.

@gennepher - you sound gleeful :D I like your picture today, although there is an element of spooky the sky reminds me of the Northern Lights too. We're far enough North that we get them here sometimes ;)

Art bit -
My version from a work by a painter called Ernie Verdine - I like the way he uses colour.

View attachment 45708
Thank you @geefull -and that was the only scrap of black paper that I had. Excellent colour pallet in your autumnal painting.

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.2 for me today, I blame the brandy, well I had to taste some before soaking the cake.:)

A crisp slippy Mountain Bike Ride for me this morning, then painting and a look at some medieval Christmas Recorder music.

I hope today you can Let time wrap you in a warm blanket of contentment. keep safe.

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday 5.0 today 5.6. Yesterday was manic. Took Archie to the vet - he definitely needs an op and will know today when the lab results come back what sort of op it will be. He is being really naughty and keeps ripping the dressing off.

Asked everyone if they wanted to stay in Zoom before Christmas or go back to the venues. This resulted in thousands of replies - OK I am exaggerating but that's what it felt like. So I spent hours on the computer yesterday. Staying on Zoom won the vote.

Now the Government says we cannot run group classes for more than 5 class members plus teacher and there are no exemptions this time so it has to be Zoom as running face to face classes is impossible. So all that time wasted. Although clients did appreciate being asked their views.

Hope to catch up with posts this morning.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Evening

A little truth telling

Haven't given fbg..haven't bothered testing for a while.

Not sure " unintentional" or not.
Shall start back soon enough

All good personally.

But to talk of that which dare not mention it's name..

My aunt's daughters partner lost his mum recently to covid I've been told (Birmingham way)

And Lauren's cousin..( may remember her husband tested positive months back )
Has now tested positive, as has her husband again
Husband in for knee op..chap in next bed tested positive.
So both now have it.

Last time he breezed through it, this time he is struggling..so my wife's a little concerned for them both.

Consolation is he's prescribed a c-pap machine, has apnea ..so good chance of oxygen when needed.

As said we are ok.
Just hoping those near to us are ok.:sorry:

Take care all.

Loving the vitality and art works. :)

Pleased to hear that you are both ok @jjraak and hope that your relatives all pull through.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it's abit extreme but have you considered black out blinds or materials like theses.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Do4U-Black...ords=Blackout+Material&qid=1606370605&sr=8-22

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Portable-B...words=Blackout+Material&qid=1606370605&sr=8-9

or this https://www.amazon.co.uk/Colour-Bla...words=Blackout+Material&qid=1606370605&sr=8-7

you could maybe paint some nice Christmas scenes on them or you can get them with patterns on even.

Edit to add my fbg this morning was 4.9.
Just what I was thinking - we have blackout blinds or curtains in all our bedrooms - they work a treat.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yesterday 5.0 today 5.6. Yesterday was manic. Took Archie to the vet - he definitely needs an op and will know today when the lab results come back what sort of op it will be. He is being really naughty and keeps ripping the dressing off.

Asked everyone if they wanted to stay in Zoom before Christmas or go back to the venues. This resulted in thousands of replies - OK I am exaggerating but that's what it felt like. So I spent hours on the computer yesterday. Staying on Zoom won the vote.

Now the Government says we cannot run group classes for more than 5 class members plus teacher and there are no exemptions this time so it has to be Zoom as running face to face classes is impossible. So all that time wasted. Although clients did appreciate being asked their views.

All the best with Archie.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you, Sooty the ugliest dog I have ever come across, :) but my son and grandaughters love him.

Christmas for us will start about the same time as yours, also we still have no floors in Kitchen or Hall so a bit pointless until those are in place.

Your recording sessions must be a nightmare especially as it's for something so important. I know how frustrating trying to record myself playing instrument parts for virtual music sessions and that's for fun.

I am sure my next door neighbour thinks I have Tourette’s anyway yelling at the TV at various sports normally but my lord those 5 mins of chat were/are tortuous to the extreme! She probably knows off by heart mow that we are at the Western and Southern Open, who is playing, why both semis are being played at the same time and why it was in New York and not Cincinnati!!!!

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bit of a nippy morning here in he dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of roasted stuffed peppers with a thick spiced sauce in the shade of red came in at 5.1 this am

Just about lost a the leaves on our trees, including the fig although still to pluck off the remaining green figs. The evergreens are now shining through and the white roses are shining through - they seem to give a reasonable display throughout.

It’s Thanksgiving in the USA - I hope that everyone in that troubled country has at least one good day.

Fiscal experts now being trotted out for their 5 minutes of fame on the beeb but still the epidemiologists queue round the block for the chance to read their lines. Meanwhile, in Lapland, the big red one has been poked out of a year long furlough and is busy encouraging anyone who will listen to splash the cash on all sorts of nonsense that heretofore were quite unknown.

Another scrap of paper this morning - about 7 x4 inches. Hope your day is a good one. Time for koffy.

upload_2020-11-26_8-30-8.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Poor Archie and what a worry for you. Our Labrador Moet had one of those buckets on his head, not pleasant but a needs must to prevent him causing larger problems from licking his wound.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a bit of a nippy morning here in he dark and dangerous north

The wonder wheel of roasted stuffed peppers with a thick spiced sauce in the shade of red came in at 5.1 this am

Just about lost a the leaves on our trees, including the fig although still to pluck off the remaining green figs. The evergreens are now shining through and the white roses are shining through - they seem to give a reasonable display throughout.

It’s Thanksgiving in the USA - I hope that everyone in that troubled country has at least one good day.

Fiscal experts now being trotted out for their 5 minutes of fame on the beeb but still the epidemiologists queue round the block for the chance to read their lines. Meanwhile, in Lapland, the big red one has been poked out of a year long furlough and is busy encouraging anyone who will listen to splash the cash on all sorts of nonsense that heretofore were quite unknown.

Another scrap of paper this morning - about 7 x4 inches. Hope your day is a good one. Time for koffy.

View attachment 45720
A fine long wall of Bamboo receding into the distance, looks a bit breezy. :)

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just what I was thinking - we have blackout blinds or curtains in all our bedrooms - they work a treat.
I have then in the children's rooms ( grown up ones now ..the children not the curtains lol ) and they do work very well .In fact that's probably why I had so much trouble getting them out of bed for school / work :rolleyes:

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

I think your drawing gave him a sort of soulful beauty. :)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all. Thanksgiving either side of me and in about 40% of this Close. So, N=1 first. The Swipester was a scary 5.4 - if accurate obviously not scary but I mentally add about 2-2.5 to all Swipester readings. The food changes are giving intriguing data. Bg seemed really good until that reading ;BMI 22.5, resting pulse 61 (too high but ok) and I seem to be waking about an hour later. Widening my horizons, hug for continual annoyance @gennepher but you seem to be enjoying hatching a plan. Hug for Archie @Krystyna23040 and @JohnEGreen for the leg issues and @RFSMarch for compatibility issues - I have those with the human race. Good to see you posting and likely to be testing again @jjraak. Great artwork everyone, @geefull's style and content seems to suit my taste most closely. As for Christmas decs, I'm looking forward to seeing how OTT our Colonial Cousins go and ours would be up for grandchildren were we not still like a half finished Persimmon project. @Muddy Cyclist there is only room for one GOM here, chillax pal. 2 granddaughters all day, grandson later and lamb shoulder today. Even the bad times are good - truly blessed and humbly offer my oblations. Pip Pip old toots.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen. A trifle ( other puddings available from all good post offices ) chilly round the trussocks this morning here in TilehurstTowers, reminder to me and me's, must put the heating on, on what I know not?

A 6.3 this morning nothing to proud of and nothing to ashamed of either.

Today will be a good day to avoid the media, endless speculation and also what if, then.
Notice I slipped a little " basic " computer programming in.

Well fellow posters, painters and gamers, I hope you can make the most of today, remember it is unique in it's special way.
I must sign out now, my straight jacket orderlies have arrived.

Reactions: ianpspurs