What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another bright and shiny morning in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of Burns Supper and a dram or two came in at 6.1 this am - neeps alors!

My actifry has died - it signed a DNR after 10 years of use and so in it’s 14th year it gave up the ghost. Hope it can be re-cyled - it will go in that bin tomorrow. So, do I revert to the oven (big space to heat for small things) or go all Ninja and hope that it lasts me out?

Pickling yesterday - carrots, onions, French beans, cucumber - then ran out of vinegar. Took a time from Jamie Oliver who suggests changing ingredients in recipes to suit. So, my stuffed aubergine dal curry with herby flatbreads ended up as cheese on toast. Contact me for more cooking tips. Random thought - does ‘Oxford’ and ‘Bosporus’ mean the same thing?

Art today - something with snow - hope everyone has a wonderful pre-bin day. Time for my koffy.

View attachment 47058
Poor beasts in that wintry snow...

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Final tree watercolour supposed to be a Copper Beach in winter coat. Skies in this one and yesterday's are subtle so as to match the painting of an Oak I gave my friend at Christmas, so now she will have three tree paintings, that's if she is happy with them :).

A4 watercolour...
IMG_4417.JPG

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Final tree watercolour supposed to be a Copper Beach in winter coat. Skies in this one and yesterday's are subtle so as to match the painting of an Oak I gave my friend at Christmas, so now she will have three tree paintings, that's if she is happy with them :).

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 47062
Super Copper Beach. I like the blues and the texture of the trunk - a fine painting - I hope your friend enjoys her menage a trois.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Krystyna they're both fine although Lola is always demanding to go out...both eating well Lola is eating a little too well the vet says she's too chubby but she will eat hers quickly then head for poor Charlies...I have tried to feed them separately but they won't eat apart...hope all's well you you the OH & fur baby...just collected a click & collect shop so off to see if I can fit it in the cupboards & the freezer
Our 14 year old chocolate Labrador Archie had a stroke a week and a half ago. He has made an almost 100% recovery which is amazing.
Our Labrador Poppy does exactly the same as Lola and has no scruples about stealing Archie's food.

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.9 today

bit of a headache the last couple of days, think I could do with getting my eyes tested now. I did try when they were due to be tested last year, no appts. then lockdown. Now we're in lockdown again so it's emergencies only again.

Mr gee did manage to get the optician to order a part for his broken glasses last week by waving at them through the window and holding up the pieces :hilarious: (he's broken the side leg off ), they came to the door and took the bits in and he waited outside whilst they phoned to see if they could get the new bit, they could and will phone when they are ready, so that's a win ;)

chilly with freezing fog today here, hope it's a bit cheerier tomorrow for shopping day :)

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@HarryBeau - Hello there, glad things are going ok with you :)

@Muddy Cyclist - glad that your trip and mrs MC's op. went well.
Your tree sketch from the car is great and the finished painting is lovely, I especially like the colours you have brought to the trunk echoing the sky, your friend should enjoy her trio of works :joyful:

@gennepher - An interesting evolution today of your art from your starting point, lovely palette and a striking piece of art :)

@dunelm - Love your minimalistic snow scene, it has just worked so well :joyful:

art bit -

trying to do a stormy sky today, based on a photo I found on the net.
upload_2021-1-26_17-36-45.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 47062
I love the sky behind your tree. Of course I like the tree also.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

4.9 today

bit of a headache the last couple of days, think I could do with getting my eyes tested now. I did try when they were due to be tested last year, no appts. then lockdown. Now we're in lockdown again so it's emergencies only again.

Mr gee did manage to get the optician to order a part for his broken glasses last week by waving at them through the window and holding up the pieces :hilarious: (he's broken the side leg off ), they came to the door and took the bits in and he waited outside whilst they phoned to see if they could get the new bit, they could and will phone when they are ready, so that's a win ;)

chilly with freezing fog today here, hope it's a bit cheerier tomorrow for shopping day :)

Your tree sketch from the car is great and the finished painting is lovely, I especially like the colours you have brought to the trunk echoing the sky, your friend should enjoy her trio of works :joyful:

@gennepher - An interesting evolution today of your art from your starting point, lovely palette and a striking piece of art :)

@dunelm - Love your minimalistic snow scene, it has just worked so well :joyful:

art bit -

View attachment 47065
Thank you.

That's a great stormy sky, I so like the light on the valley.

Hug for the headache. Local town here has a specsavers which are doing examinations by appointment, I found them extremely safe and caring.

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.9 today

art bit -

View attachment 47065
I have had my eyes tested at my local Specsavers and they also have an OCT machine that tests for retinopathy etc. which costs £10 but imo worth it as it had been well over a year since I had had my last one at the hospital - so re-assuring also. My son also attended the audiologist there to have wax removed from his ears (which he was very grateful for and by the point we found out they did this he was in pain, losing his balance etc.) so top marks to Specsavers from us - I don't know how we would have managed without them - I was already an existing customer of Specsavers and they had got in touch with me for appointment but son was new customer. I think they are running an appointments only system at the moment - both appointments were made over the phone beforehand - we both felt very safe as they had full ppe, masks and faceshields, hand sanitisers on entry, limiting number in shop etc. all in all very safe and caring imo.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

A4 watercolour...
View attachment 47062
A beautiful magnificent tree...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.9 today

art bit -

View attachment 47065

Hugs for your headache @geefull

Maybe explain to the optician's you are getting headaches and you need your eyes testing?

Thank you for the painting compliment.

A brilliant stormy sky. It is great!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

4.9 today

art bit -

View attachment 47065
Thank you @geefull - loving your stormy sky - very effective - I like the way the light splashes along the ground

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a wonderfully silent start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of leftover haggis and stir fry mushrooms and mixed peppers came in at 5.1 this am

EU bully boys getting mardy with AstraZeneca over lack of supplies to EU countries - CEO of AstraZeneca reposts - should have signed your contracts on time (UK signed three months before you) - oh dear!
Samsung’s next smartwatch reportedly tracks blood sugar levels. Apparently, this will be accomplished using “raman spectroscopy” tech so will noodles be involved? - https://9to5google.com/2021/01/25/samsung-smartwatch-blood-sugar-report/amp/

Art today - a couple of egrets, A4 rice paper - hope everyone has a splendid bin day, time for koffy.

upload_2021-1-27_7-6-38.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I wish you all good morning but I have neither the power to make it so nor the arrogance to believe things will come to pass just because I am entitled to always have my own way. A par for the course 4.3 on Swipey this morning which is about the same kind of stat as having 70% possession. Great stat but utterly useless without knowing the score and league position. Stay strong and if in doubt always blame the EU and meedja:angelic:

Last edited:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.4 for me today.

Snow still hanging around here so no Muddy Bike rides, a walk although it looks a tad damp. Then painting and continue with my music recordings, having trouble hitting a singing bass line F sharp, our music director says don't worry as he can adjust it to be in tune through the software he is using to make the finished piece. That however feels wrong to me so I shall persevere and try and get it right.

Keep safe and make the best of today.