What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.8 today

shopping day today and it was pretty quiet hereabouts and thankfully not frosty ;)

Bin day for our blue bin so I did a big tidy up of some old paperwork stripping out anything identifiable before it went in the bin :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - I love the bird pair (egrets?) so graceful and once again your stroke work is great :joyful: and I like the light you have infused through the picture.

@Muddy Cyclist - When I used to sing in choral groups I had a conductor who gave us all a good tip to help with our 'interval' confidence. Pick yourself a group of strongly remembered songs, ones with each interval in it. From memory my own most useful song was 'somewhere' (there's a place for us). then you practice those bits :D worked for me. Mind you, it was for Benjamin Britten, we needed all the help we could get :hilarious:

Lovely start to the next painting, that bark is just fantastic :joyful:

@alf_Josiah - yay for bin day ;)

@gennepher - a hug for your unsettling day and a winner for putting a figure in your painting today, you're braver than me! :) It's working pretty well :happy:

art bit -

View attachment 47089
Thank you for appreciating my Trees, lots to do on them yet.

Thank you for the interval training suggestion. As a rule I'm not bad on musical intervals. The problem is I'm quite deaf in left ear, obviously to record myself singing or playing an instrument I have to wear head phones to listen to the 'click track' needed to keep time and sing or play to a recording device. I need volume up to hear it well but then can't hear myself and I am amazed how you need to hear your self singing or even the instrument being played to get a good sound. The joys of dropping to bits with age. :)

A grand landscape from you today, some good depth and a wonderful winter colour selection, I like this style you have.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
More trees, I said I was not going to do any more but I emailed the two last tree paintings to friend who asked me to do them and I felt a polite not sure I like them in her response. I took a look at the picture I did her for Christmas and I can see why, lots of detail. So back to the drawing board, more detail is required and so I have started a Beech tree in misty wood so that I can concentrate on the detail. A4 about 1 hour so far, lots to do but hope to have it finished by Thursday evening.

View attachment 47088
The moss detail is amazing @Muddy Cyclist
I love it...

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
good afternoon all :)

4.8 today

shopping day today and it was pretty quiet hereabouts and thankfully not frosty ;)

Bin day for our blue bin so I did a big tidy up of some old paperwork stripping out anything identifiable before it went in the bin :)

Hope your day is treating you kindly :)

@dunelm - I love the bird pair (egrets?) so graceful and once again your stroke work is great :joyful: and I like the light you have infused through the picture.

@Muddy Cyclist - When I used to sing in choral groups I had a conductor who gave us all a good tip to help with our 'interval' confidence. Pick yourself a group of strongly remembered songs, ones with each interval in it. From memory my own most useful song was 'somewhere' (there's a place for us). then you practice those bits :D worked for me. Mind you, it was for Benjamin Britten, we needed all the help we could get :hilarious:

Lovely start to the next painting, that bark is just fantastic :joyful:

@alf_Josiah - yay for bin day ;)

@gennepher - a hug for your unsettling day and a winner for putting a figure in your painting today, you're braver than me! :) It's working pretty well :happy:

art bit -

View attachment 47089
Thank you @geefull
Just don't enlarge the face or else you will see how patchy it is...
Figures are just not my thing...

Loved your landscape.
Great colours and use of them.
Your style is changing gradually over time...

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Got my Covid 19 antibody test from the Imperial College London and NHS. Did the test today and I have no antibodies - which is as I expected. Filled in the huge survey and attached my photo of the negative test.
Actually, it would have been quite nice to have had asymptomatic Covid and lots of antibodies, but with the care I have taken that would have been highly unlikely.
Snap mine came today and i have no antibodies either

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Yesterday I said I was stressed, and that the pictures I see in my head 24/7 were now in a fragmented mirror fashion, nothing was realistic.

Then a bit later I realised it might be the beginnings of a visual migraines attack. But these I see outside my head (assuming my eyes are open). So, I went to take a migraine tablet, but it was a new packet and the instructions came out first. So, I read them. The instructions are so small they are migraine inducing...and there were many pages of them. Amongst other things which appear to be contraindicated for me is my age. Nearly 72. Not to be given to the elderly it said, not for the over 65's. But with the doctorless surgery, I have not had a medication review for at least 3 years, maybe longer. So I put the migraine tablets aside.

I then googled to see if there was anything I could use of my other medications, and anything in natural/other remedies/things I could use. Amitriptyline apparently can reduce the migraine attack, and has a 40% efficiency for doing so. And something else I have helps also. I took the smallest dose of each. And I could feel them working very soon.

I went to bed and did my relaxation meditations I do. More or less stayed in bed rest of day, apart from getting the wheelie and recycle out. Cat likes my relaxations and I now have a floppy rag doll cat in my arms as I type this.

So, today's digital painting in Procreate is based on my painting from yesterday. Me sitting on the couch with Popeye. I have tried in the past doing a real painting with paint and brush to illustrate a migraine attack. It took me all day, and was pathetic. This painting in Procreate is more realistic. I will post the colour version and the black and white version. The black and white version is what I usually see in my external vision in a migraine attack. So this is why I used yesterday's painting as a basis, so you can see the difference.

Here it is, the black and white version, which is what my external vision changes to in a migraine attack, and the colour version so you can see vaguely how the visual migraine distorts from my surroundings (see yesterday's painting, so you can compare if you want).
50FE9C01-9610-4B1F-AF46-5F568D5A27C3.jpeg

CB9F8C30-F07A-41D0-90F4-B52CE21B6906.jpeg

Although yesterday's pictures inside my head were of a fragmented broken mirror, with bits of the images scattered anywhere, and a very intense shiny black and white.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
morning all.

an honest 7.2 fbg
and back to better observed LCHF

A good nights sleep
One very tiring day
and good news with a subtle shock
made for an interesting Wednesday

hospital 10 am
well managed covid security.
xray on time, and staff very helpful and
understanding at how slow i was getting shoes/socks off.

seeing doc after... not so quick

Not sure if short staffed,
but a few walking/hobbling wounded arrived sent over from A&E
as i overheard, while i was waiting, who got seen before me.

No bigee i wasn't in pain and nowhere to be,
and the two who came in obviously were,
so i just switched to hospital time and zoned out for the hour or so

few about, and only two others in the large waiting area with me,
which was good for me.

x-rays done & doc tells me BOTH...BOTH...:woot:
broken ankles show good sings of healing well.

the right suspected of being 'unstable',
with weight loaded on held up well.

the left I've been using anyway despite the
badly sprained dx, because how else could i mobilise.

Checked for pain and at worst it feel sore like pressing on a bruise
so we are both happy with that.

His advise is now to gently begin weight bearing on both.
doc wants to keep an eye on me due to area of break (close to joint)
back in feb for more x-rays, then physio hopefully

so all in all a great visit.:D.

So back home, perhaps overdid the walking (aka hobbling ;))
in between departments/in and out of ubers

So exhausted after my exciting Day Out..:bag::hilarious:
but it beat looking at 4 walls all day :)

a nap , a little dinner (late breakfast really)
a little catch up, tv then bed
and the best sleep of a good few weeks.

so regardless of weather today is... bright and sunny here.:D

hope you all have a s good a day.

Take care
stay safe.

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.9

Yesterday I said I was stressed, and that the pictures I see in my head 24/7 were now in a fragmented mirror fashion, nothing was realistic.

Then a bit later I realised it might be the beginnings of a visual migraines attack. But these I see outside my head (assuming my eyes are open). So, I went to take a migraine tablet, but it was a new packet and the instructions came out first. So, I read them. The instructions are so small they are migraine inducing...and there were many pages of them. Amongst other things which appear to be contraindicated for me is my age. Nearly 72. Not to be given to the elderly it said, not for the over 65's. But with the doctorless surgery, I have not had a medication review for at least 3 years, maybe longer. So I put the migraine tablets aside.

I then googled to see if there was anything I could use of my other medications, and anything in natural/other remedies/things I could use. Amitriptyline apparently can reduce the migraine attack, and has a 40% efficiency for doing so. And something else I have helps also. I took the smallest dose of each. And I could feel them working very soon.

I went to bed and did my relaxation meditations I do. More or less stayed in bed rest of day, apart from getting the wheelie and recycle out. Cat likes my relaxations and I now have a floppy rag doll cat in my arms as I type this.

So, today's digital painting in Procreate is based on my painting from yesterday. Me sitting on the couch with Popeye. I have tried in the past doing a real painting with paint and brush to illustrate a migraine attack. It took me all day, and was pathetic. This painting in Procreate is more realistic. I will post the colour version and the black and white version. The black and white version is what I usually see in my external vision in a migraine attack. So this is why I used yesterday's painting as a basis, so you can see the difference.

Here it is, the black and white version, which is what my external vision changes to in a migraine attack, and the colour version so you can see vaguely how the visual migraine distorts from my surroundings (see yesterday's painting, so you can compare if you want).
View attachment 47093

View attachment 47094

Although yesterday's pictures inside my head were of a fragmented broken mirror, with bits of the images scattered anywhere, and a very intense shiny black and white.

blooming good detective you are @gennepher
miss Marple's eat your heart out..

Hug for the migraine,
but a secret win for full on combat & taking the battle to it.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
morning all.

an honest 7.2 fbg
a good nights sleep
and one tiring day

hospital 10 am

few about, which was good for me.
x-rays done & doc tells me BOTH...:woot:

the right suspected of being 'unstable'

so advise is now to gently begin weight bearing on both.
back in feb for more x-rays then physio hopefully

exhausted after my exciting Day Out..:bag::hilarious:

Take care
stay safe.
Hugs for your ordeal of having two broken ankles!
I don't have a legless emojie
Actually I do!
t0352.gif

Take care @jjraak
It sounds you had a good day in getting away from those 4 walls.
t3811.gif
t3812.gif
t3813.gif
t3814.gif

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hugs for your ordeal of having two broken ankles!
I don't have a legless emojie
Actually I do!
t0352.gif

Take care @jjraak
It sounds you had a good day in getting away from those 4 walls.
t3811.gif
t3812.gif
t3813.gif
t3814.gif

EXCELLENT use of 'Legless' emoji....:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

and trying hard to escape the association of the second one,
now I'm on the way to dumping the crutches..;):D

ooh arr, me hearties

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@jjraak A winner for your attitude and better outlook for your breaks. But here's a hug for the situation, frustration and pain it's causing.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

View attachment 47093

View attachment 47094

Hug for the migraine, winner for the piece of art that was inspired yet again by stuff of life. I like both but colour works best for me.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
morning all.

an honest 7.2 fbg

A good nights sleep
One very tiring day

hospital 10 am
xray on time, and staff very helpful and
understanding at how slow i was getting shoes/socks off.

seeing doc after... not so quick

Not sure if short staffed,
but a few walking/hobbling wounded arrived sent over from A&E
as i overheard, while i was waiting, who got seen before me.

No bigee i wasn't in pain and nowhere to be,
and the two who came in obviously were,
so i just switched to hospital time and zoned out for the hour or so

few about, and only two others in the large waiting area with me,
which was good for me.

x-rays done & doc tells me BOTH...BOTH...:woot:

the right suspected of being 'unstable',

Checked for pain and at worst it feel sore like pressing on a bruise
so we are both happy with that.

His advise is now to gently begin weight bearing on both.
back in feb for more x-rays, then physio hopefully

in between departments/in and out of ubers

So exhausted after my exciting Day Out..:bag::hilarious:

Take care
stay safe.
Ouch - two broken ankles. You have done amazingly well. Most people would struggle with just one broken ankle. Good that you have now got a correct diagnosis on the second ankle and that the doctor will keep an eye on you and you will get physio.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 5.7 for me today.

A broken night sleep, whirring mind, aches and pains. Just out of interest is anyone else who's had the Oxford Covid Vaccine part 1 had a burning pain where the jab went in? I had my jab 8 days ago and this sensation keeps coming and going, not terrible pain but Enough discomfort to keep waking you up. Ah well I suppose it will go away eventually.

Rain, rain ,rain here but sun promised later, I might sneak out on my Mountain Bike.

Keep safe and may your day be kind to you.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.9

View attachment 47093

View attachment 47094

So pleased you have got over the migraine attack. Migraine is horrible. I do like your paintings of what you see during an attack.

You definitely do need to sort out your issue with your surgery. It is appalling that your surgery is doctorless.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Our walk is delayed until it stops raining heavily.

Archie is improving day by day. He ran down the stairs this morning and then chased Poppy round and round the house. Yesterday he probably walked at least 4 miles. Today he is full of the joy of life.