What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a a frosty start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of some things roasted and plonked onto a bed of cabbage came in at 5.4 this am

New game on the block today called ‘Enticement’ - it’s being played in all non-essential shops on a high street near you. I didn’t get a ticket so won’t be playing.

Art today - some standing stones - Orkney or a place like that. Hope that everyone has a manic Monday - or not if you are taking it easy about. Time for koffy.

upload_2021-4-12_6-10-47.jpeg

Reactions: DJC3 and karen8967

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
good afternoon all :)

4.6 yesterday and 4.6 today

I think it's the sixth straight day of snow showers ;) it's not 'sticking' and at least the wind is not so strong but it is still cold :)
Sunday lunch at mum's today including some experimental butternut squash baked with the bacon wrapped chicken, only tomorrow will tell about the fbg ;) was quite tasty though, mum and mr gee both enjoyed it. I restricted myself to a couple of pieces.

Hope your day is treating you well :)

@dunelm - your dry brush sketch is very effective and I like the gentle marbling, it's making for interesting backgrounds :) your bird is full of character as always.

@gennepher - I like how the eyes turned out especially and your 'abstract' overspill works nicely, sometimes things just work :joyful: I see Popeye has got his seal of approval on them :)

@lindisfel - my vanilla whey protein powder says it is 80 micrograms of sodium per 100g (came from Home Bargains) :) my 'BW pure 80' unflavoured says it has no salt (seems unlikely but that's what is quoted)

@jjraak - Many Happy Returns :joyful: and thank you for the interesting tech info. ;)

@BRSBRI - I've enjoyed your postings and interactions but safety is important, look in on us now and again if you can :)

@Muddy Cyclist - from an interesting start to an accomplished finished piece, love the quality of light, the character changed quite a lot and I always enjoy seeing the intermediate state, inspiring and instructive :)

art bit - one for yesterday and one for today :)
no 1 is a rather tentative pencil sketch based on a screen cap from the tele

View attachment 48839

no 2 - is my shot at an image by an artist called Hanna L Jakobsen, I like how much she is able to do with a quite restricted palette

View attachment 48840
Thank you. My paintings don't always change as I expect or wish, sometimes it works others not.

Two nice pieces from you. A delicate sensitive pencil sketch and a good strong watercolour. I agree the limited use of colours works very well and makes for a strong atmospheric painting, I like the strong light on the water.

lindisfel

Expert
Another cold Spring morning at -3 or -4 atm. I don't think I shall be sitting in a pub garden today but may well get an hair cut.

At fbg of 6.0 at 0630 about what I would expect.

We should be pulling up the drawbridge like NZ! The story on Brazil on the P1 gets worse with under 40s in intensive care. I hope Doris doesn't over-egg it again.

Have a good week all.
D

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

My escape from Wales plan (I live literally on the border), so I could now finally enjoy the freedom of close by English stuff today, got scuppered by a last minute hospital appointment. So plans I made will have to wait another day :(

My digital painting, begun in ZenBrush2 and finished in Procreate for this morning.

View attachment 48844
Hope all goes wwell lol with your appointment and travel is easy and uneventful.

Good wooded sun picture from you under a bit of stress I imagine.but light caught very well through the misty atmosphere.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a a frosty start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of some things roasted and plonked onto a bed of cabbage came in at 5.4 this am

New game on the block today called ‘Enticement’ - it’s being played in all non-essential shops on a high street near you. I didn’t get a ticket so won’t be playing.

Art today - some standing stones - Orkney or a place like that. Hope that everyone has a manic Monday - or not if you are taking it easy about. Time for koffy.

View attachment 48845
I still that sketch on the marbled background, works well either way I like the dark and mysterious nature the marbled effect gives the stones as they pop out into the light, perhaps as a mist drifts and swirls.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and 6.1 for me today. Pan fried Tuna Steak and good robust sauce but low carbs served Sunday evening so once more perplexed by numbers.

Decal day for Wilfrid the camper today, cleaned and ready but snowed on it so probably was a waste of effort.

Meeting daughter and grandchildren for a walk later, brrrrr.

Keep safe and warm put Spring on hold..

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5 this morning. Back to work today. Am really pleased with the amount of admin I did over the Easter break and have really enjoyed going back to our favourite National Trust places. It will be even better now they can have their tables and chairs outside their cafes.

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Frost, dusting of snow but bright and clear to greet shop queuing before visiting a Beer Garden day - official title. I'm bored with winter now - actually I was in late September. After yesterday's soaking my temperamental Swipey begrudgingly offered a 5.1- Meh. If you are feeling a sense of relief and freedom enjoy what is on offer safely. Twice weekly home lateral flow test offer from HMG is a good idea (gag reflex notwithstanding) just a 30 mins wait then inform The Lords of The Universe. In my case, which school my grandson attends. Money to be made spread betting on the timing of lockdown three, I suspect. (and possibly when Jose is sacked) Today would do me for the latter. Enjoy your day safely - probably only me that wears 3 masks walking around the garden.:angelic:
Edit: Julie is the support bubble for her 91 yo mum so she also has LF tests - advised to do 2 per week. https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests . Image outside Primark Nottingham:banghead:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-04-12 10.19.03.png
    Screenshot 2021-04-12 10.19.03.png
    407.2 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who are thinking today is a strange day so far.

A 6.5 on that meter of deception and mysteriousness this morning.

Here and there we woke up to snow, makes a change from waking up to an alarm clock.

All plans for today now on hold, motorcycle will be staying in the garage, but it did have a gentle run out yesterday in the sunny cold.

Today will now be dedicated to administration and avoiding a hair cut, Mrs J is muttering about cutting my hair, at me and me's age a pony tail would look rather fetching.
Now it's time to depart and get on with life, real and or imaginary hehehehehe.

Remember the stay's and also stay away from shops with television crews outside.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hope all goes wwell lol with your appointment and travel is easy and uneventful.

Good wooded sun picture from you under a bit of stress I imagine.but light caught very well through the misty atmosphere.
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist
Travel very busy but uneventful, thank goodness.
Thank you for the painting compliment.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 48845
Very mystical. I love this painting @dunelm

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Quiet day here you must all be in the beer garden. Their beach huts break the COVID rules so stay out. New phrase for me - moral injury. Woke/remoaner/quinoa munching kefir swilling liberal aside a few points here worth thinking over. I've stopped my subscription to The Telegraph since there is no attempt at truth balance and no link to the real world there. Some flat out deny there is/was ever a pandemic- only real if they or close family member (young, with no pre-existing condition, super fit athlete) dies of it. On that basis, I could deny there is Leukemia to name but one. Sad really but we are where we are.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How will we recognise you @lindisfel? While I'm here a question for all the bakers/ITK foodies. I have been totally alienated from keto recipes which randomly include soft cheese thus making them execrable. Have they swapped quark for this on the basis of a slightly lower carb or cal count? The protein in quark seems to be far higher and many sources suggest quark is widely used by those people across “The Channel” who we are supposed to ignore. I believe the issue is that they are "over familiar" in the afternoon so clearly can’t be trusted.:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Three wheelie bins out now ready for tomorrow am, just the big garden wheelie missed this week. Off early tomorrow to see my barber at 0915, badly need it cutting, it makes Doris's hair look tidy.
D.
Will the barber tell you off about all the hacking you did with a knife and fork?

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
How will we recognise you @lindisfel? While I'm here a question for all the bakers/ITK foodies. I have been totally alienated from keto recipes which randomly include soft cheese thus making them execrable. Have they swapped quark for this on the basis of a slightly lower carb or cal count? The protein in quark seems to be far higher and many sources suggest quark is widely used by those people across “The Channel” who we are supposed to ignore. I believe the issue is that they are "over familiar" in the afternoon so clearly can’t be trusted.:angelic:
Quark - you need it for a traditional German cheesecake - Käsekuchen. It makes it all light and, well German - anything else is just wrong.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist