What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wet, cold and a hideous number of clothes needed to compensate here. Despite being strongly dehorted by young Pritti temporary visas for sun were issued hereabouts by the local news. 18c Sunday and 20c promised for next Thursday - huzzah, BBC website seems to have had an update from Pritti's press officer -:arghh: Fbg of 5.4 on Swipey utterly meh but up to 20 gms carb yesterday (that's inflation for ya), couple of experiments in there. I don't have to like this WOE, just suck it up while it works then ......??? Score draw yesterday and over the 6 years on the meter - maybe. SSSF today. Elsie really doesn't get any better for me and 'tis only a Lesser Festival for Teresa of Avila and mini payday. (Bless you Guv/Gov.) Yes indeed @karen8967. In a previous incarnation it was often POETS day. Enjoy the sun @gennepher and I appreciate the rose even though I can't stand 'em myself. @dunelm so much good news. Searches good, tick; MOT arranged,tick; cake a triumph,tick; my Bestie in Marbella, tick- how very appropriate. Wonder if some underling with a sense of humour booked that after reading The Pandora Papers ? Now, be good boys, girls, non cis etc and play nice but socially distanced if you don't mind - unless you are in a Drs surgery. Feel free to crowd in and cough all over the immunologically compromised in those low risk places. It is your right, nay duty, as a free born English???? Away wiv that clap for carers rubbish, far too woke.
The sun was good @ianpspurs
I always seem to have a few straggler roses in the winter. I only plant roses that have a heavenly scent...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morening all
Escaped supervision for a few minutes and have stolen some Wi-Fi

blood sugars the last few days have been 5.8, 5.3, 5.3, 5.2 and 4.7 .

Whoops better sign out there are spies everywhere Mrs J has tentacles that reach far and wide
Hope you are having some nice times wherever you are @alf_Josiah

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.5 this morning. Am a bit late posting because of no wifi. Luckily it was a problem with one of the Halo thingys which Mr K was able to sort out.
Then we spent rather a long time on the phone trying to sort out switching mobile phone providers. Hopefully the problem has now been sorted and the switch will go ahead smoothly.
Hope your wifi and mobile phone providers are completely sorted out now @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cold in Cumbria today with wall to wall sunshine if it can get over our large hedges.
The day started with all the fields around our cottage covered in white frost.
Winter season is back again .
regards
Derek
We had white frost yesterday @lindisfel
It was very pretty.
Wall to wall sunshine sounds good!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Blue skies and the sun shone all day yesterday, after a winter wonderland frosty start.
Me and his Lordship in the garden.
I put him down for a moment on my director's chair to sort my clothes maiden that had fallen over.
Out of the undergrowth came stray cat Merryweather to investigate...but before I could return, Popeye had bopped Merryweather on the nose, "No vacancies today...". Merryweather recoiled in horror, "It's alive...it's alive..." and shot off out of the garden.
Popeye then strode into the potting shed. I straightened the clothes maiden. And went into the potting shed.
No Popeye...oh no, he must've sneaked out again.
I am thrashing the undergrowth in the garden for over half an hour.
Now calm down, says I to me. Go and make a cuppa and everything will be all right again.
I come back out with my cuppa, go into the potting shed, and there is a black tail peeking out of his secret hiding place...he was there all the time.

I took this photo in the night. But the street below is very well lit with street lamps and external house lights. It is another example of my smart phone being super clever and photographing more than I can see. I wanted what I could see with my own eye, but alas no...

I took more photos of the road and into the next road, and the amount of detail it can do for a nighttime shot is amazing. I might experiment later.

So, hidden from sight, embedded in this nighttime scene, is a photo of Popeyes's tail peeking out of his hiding place in the potting shed.

There is more sunshine predicted this morning. I hope it materialises...

24A3563A-D379-4795-A71C-FC797E7EE40D.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Blue skies and the sun shone all day yesterday, after a winter wonderland frosty start.
Me and his Lordship in the garden.
I put him down for a moment on my director's chair to sort my clothes maiden that had fallen over.
Out of the undergrowth came stray cat Merryweather to investigate...but before I could return, Popeye had bopped Merryweather on the nose, "No vacancies today...". Merryweather recoiled in horror, "It's alive...it's alive..." and shot off out of the garden.
Popeye then strode into the potting shed. I straightened the clothes maiden. And went into the potting shed.
No Popeye...oh no, he must've sneaked out again.
I am thrashing the undergrowth in the garden for over half an hour.
Now calm down, says I to me. Go and make a cuppa and everything will be all right again.
I come back out with my cuppa, go into the potting shed, and there is a black tail peeking out of his secret hiding place...he was there all the time.

I took this photo in the night. But the street below is very well lit with street lamps and external house lights. It is another example of my smart phone being super clever and photographing more than I can see. I wanted what I could see with my own eye, but alas no...

I took more photos of the road and into the next road, and the amount of detail it can do for a nighttime shot is amazing. I might experiment later.

So, hidden from sight, embedded in this nighttime scene, is a photo of Popeyes's tail peeking out of his hiding place in the potting shed.

There is more sunshine predicted this morning. I hope it materialises...

View attachment 51609
Smashing tail of Popeye and the potting shed and a wonderful piece of photographic art of the sky at night. Beautiful colours and the light is fab.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s another wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken licken came home to roost at 5.4 this am

Well the MOT debacle was a mere damp squib and late as it was, a shiny new virtual pass certificate appeared on the DVLA website for all to read and to download and even print off if you have the secret V5 number. The wonders of the interweb - but do print one off darling, once can’t be too careful. Heart attack, or was it panic attack? My rather large and not yet completed alcohol xylophone disappeared yesterday. Luckily I spotted it peeping sheepishly out of a packing box - “Don’t seal that box” was the order of the day - never mind dragging up that ‘England expects …” nonsense, that is on 21st - this is serious stuff.
Breakfast - or possibly brunch - with daughter on the cards today and of course the delights of the girl in the bubble, up and coming font of all knowledge who can now interject with the words ‘yes’ and ‘no’ into any polite conversation within earshot. She will be 2 at the end of this month.
Art bit - after the artist Fu Baoshi who brought Japanese visual elements to the Chinese ink painting tradition. I think it’s the weekend for some folk who work - have a smashing day whatever you are doing. I shall begin be initiating the ceremony of the cafetière.

upload_2021-10-16_7-49-7.jpeg

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all on what should be a sombre day in many ways. Tragic and senseless news about David Amess and the remembrance of the Martyrdom of Ridley and Latimer in 1555. Man's inhumanity to man is an ageless theme, sadly. Now to the ephemara. An fbg of 5.6 via Swipey and a tick over 74 kgs are both too high for me in my opinion. I've never been this age before, never lived in COVID times and only been in this specific environment a short time. The point being those factors make it very hard to point a finger at Elsie and say look what a lousy job you are doing. In general she promised far more than she has ever or probably will ever deliver(ed). No surprise I guess since I don't expect to dig my garden with my putter. @gennepher glad you had sun, wonderful creative work - you spot things I would just gloss over. Guess something similar would happen if we both watched a cricket match. Brilliant tale of Popeye and Merryweather. First time I had ever heard it called a clothes maiden - google helped - I know it as a clothes horse/airer. Y'all have a good day now. I've sport to watch, tea to drink, a flu jab to have and a homecoming wife to whom I should really pay attention - we live in hope:angelic:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone, it’s another wonderfully quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chicken licken came home to roost at 5.4 this am

Well the MOT debacle was a mere damp squib and late as it was, a shiny new virtual pass certificate appeared on the DVLA website for all to read and to download and even print off if you have the secret V5 number. The wonders of the interweb - but do print one off darling, once can’t be too careful. Heart attack, or was it panic attack? My rather large and not yet completed alcohol xylophone disappeared yesterday. Luckily I spotted it peeping sheepishly out of a packing box - “Don’t seal that box” was the order of the day - never mind dragging up that ‘England expects …” nonsense, that is on 21st - this is serious stuff.
Breakfast - or possibly brunch - with daughter on the cards today and of course the delights of the girl in the bubble, up and coming font of all knowledge who can now interject with the words ‘yes’ and ‘no’ into any polite conversation in earshot. She will be 2 at the end of this month.
Art bit - after the artist Fu Baoshi who brought Japanese visual elements to the Chinese ink painting tradition. I think it’s the weekend for some folk who work - have a smashing day whatever you are doing. I shall begin be initiating ceremony of the cafetière.

View attachment 51611
Chapeau sir, chapeau.

Reactions: gennepher

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope your wifi and mobile phone providers are completely sorted out now @Krystyna23040
Wi-Fi OK but am not so confident that the mobile phone switch over will go well

Current mobile phone provider has given us the same PAC code for both phones because they are on the same account. New mobile phone provider says that is not OK. Finally, maybe because we have to wait 21 days for the PAC code to expire before a new one can be issued, the new provider says that it is OK to have the same PAC code for both phones.

All of these negotiations involved a lot of time on the phone, in a queue, waiting to talk to customer services while listening to some truly awful music.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher good to hear that Popeye feels well enough to defend his territory.

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all on what should be a sombre day in many ways. Tragic and senseless news about David Amess and the remembrance of the Martyrdom of Ridley and Latimer in 1555. Man's inhumanity to man is an ageless theme, sadly. Now to the ephemara. An fbg of 5.6 via Swipey and a tick over 74 kgs are both too high for me in my opinion. I've never been this age before, never lived in COVID times and only been in this specific environment a short time. The point being those factors make it very hard to point a finger at Elsie and say look what a lousy job you are doing. In general she promised far more than she has ever or probably will ever deliver(ed). No surprise I guess since I don't expect to dig my garden with my putter. @gennepher glad you had sun, wonderful creative work - you spot things I would just gloss over. Guess something similar would happen if we both watched a cricket match. Brilliant tale of Popeye and Merryweather. First time I had ever heard it called a clothes maiden - google helped - I know it as a clothes horse/airer. Y'all have a good day now. I've sport to watch, tea to drink, a flu jab to have and a homecoming wife to whom I should really pay attention - we live in hope:angelic:
Thanks @ianpspurs
I also call it a clothes horse, or at least the wooden one I do.
So, I went to Google for meanings and stuff. And Google threw this at me...

It wouldn't let me post a link which gives all round explanation photos of this, so here is a screenshot.
Screenshot_20211016-081744.png

I would get completely entangled putting that up ...give me a simple clothes horse any day..

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All excitement to be savored - none of that ‘you only live once” rubbish -we live every day (if we take the time) - “you only die once” is more to the point. Have a wonderful day.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wi-Fi OK but am not so confident that the mobile phone switch over will go well

Current mobile phone provider has given us the same PAC code for both phones because they are on the same account. New mobile phone provider says that is not OK. Finally, maybe because we have to wait 21 days for the PAC code to expire before a new one can be issued, the new provider says that it is OK to have the same PAC code for both phones.

All of these negotiations involved a lot of time on the phone, in a queue, waiting to talk to customer services while listening to some truly awful music.
Hugs @Krystyna23040
They don't make it easy do they?

I suppose there are some advantages to being deaf and so unable to use a telephonic instrument....

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
All excitement to be savored - none of that ‘you only live once” rubbish -we live every day (if we take the time) - “you only die once” is more to the point. Have a wonderful day.
yy u r yy u b. yy u r 4 me 1 c