What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a beautifully quiet morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of the girl in the bubble’s second birthday bash came in at a surprising 5.2 when I got up at the outrageous time of 0320.

The move to our new house went without a hitch and thank you for your best wishes. Removal people arrived at 9am on the dot and were all finished by 4.30pm. Unfortunately, and although there seemed to be a constant supply of goods and chattels to local charity shops as we prepared for this move, the downsizing memo was misread. Something like half of our possessions were already secured in a shipping container before we moved and even with a garage full of ‘stuff’ we now look like we are wandering about in a small second hand furniture warehouse. Quote of the day by Mrs Miggins, “we’ve got soo much stuff!” We will probably dance around it all for a week or so and then give in and do a government approved cull.
Dashed round to daughters house to find it full of teeny folk gobbling all manner of gaudily coloured treats and tit bits while dancing about to the songs of some TV programme called Coco Mellon - reminded me of PMQ’s.

Art bit - a bit of a tree. Hope your day is a good one, I am already slurping my morning koffy.

upload_2021-11-19_4-35-56.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a beautifully quiet morning here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of the girl in the bubble’s second birthday bash came in at a surprising 5.2 when I got up at the outrageous time of 0320.

The move to our new house went without a hitch and thank you for your best wishes. Removal people arrived at 9am on the dot and were all finished by 4.30pm. Unfortunately, and although there seemed to be a constant supply of goods and chattels to local charity shops as we prepared for this move, the downsizing memo was misread. Something like half of our possessions were already secured in a shipping container before we moved and even with a garage full of ‘stuff’ we now look like we are wandering about in a small second hand furniture warehouse. Quote of the day by Mrs Miggins, “we’ve got soo much stuff!” We will probably dance around it all for a week or so and then give in and do a government approved cull.
Dashed round to daughters house to find it full of teeny folk gobbling all manner of gaudily coloured treats and tit bits while dancing about to the songs of some TV programme called Coco Mellon - reminded me of PMQ’s.

Art bit - a bit of a tree. Hope your day is a good one, I am already slurping my morning koffy.

View attachment 52131
Good morning @dunelm
Glad the move went well.

Enjoy your coffee...
Love the art bit. It looks a bit like my larch tree...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I joined Skillshare with one month's free membership. But subtitles are often an issue for me, and Skillshare did not disappoint with that. They were intermittent or not there. Less than 24 hours after joining and I am ready to delete the app and cancel my membership. But no, I said. See how much I can get from it first. So, I am trying the Stoicism course. I tried watching it with my Android phone because that can create captions for me, but the Android caption facility doesn't have a clue what even the word Stoicism is, nor the other names, so I am watching garbled nonsense words...

Creative today...
Black ink tree drawing with calligraphy pen.
Sprayed paper with water.
And here it is.

Only about 4/5 pages left in sketchbook, so I need to find another one...

D2C34331-89EB-43CF-AC64-7E64D05AC647.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning all from Pafos where the weather seems to be gently preparing us for the return to dystopia tomorrow. @gennepher winner for the creative and refusing to submit to the vicissitudes of the app. Might this help? @dunelm I'm glad the move went smoothly and time allowed you to share that milestone with the GITB. Coco melon is catnip for that demographic but this is the dogs bits for <1 y olds in Pworld . Dear Mrs Miggins, too much stuff after how many decades of living in a bigger dwelling? pas de ***** Sherlock. Was my fbg the same 4.8 as this day in 2015 (134 days into Elsieland)? I'll never know and as the song says it doesn't really matter anyhow, we'll get through it anyhow. Inch by inch guys, inch by inch but enjoy a chune. The stays have been renegotiated, didn't suit the sunny narrative.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 52131
Good that the move went well. It is amazing just how much stuff we accumulate over the years.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning all from Pafos where the weather seems to be gently preparing us for the return to dystopia tomorrow. @gennepher winner for the creative and refusing to submit to the vicissitudes of the app. Might this help? @dunelm I'm glad the move went smoothly and time allowed you to share that milestone with the GITB. Coco melon is catnip for that demographic but this is the dogs bits for <1 y olds in Pworld . Dear Mrs Miggins, too much stuff after how many decades of living in a bigger dwelling? pas de ***** Sherlock. Was my fbg the same 4.8 as this day in 2015 (134 days into Elsieland)? I'll never know and as the song says it doesn't really matter anyhow, we'll get through it anyhow. Inch by inch guys, inch by inch but enjoy a chune. The stays have been renegotiated, didn't suit the sunny narrative.
Thank you very much @ianpspurs
That link is very helpful.
I have just had a quick glance, and bookmarked it.
Thank you.
You have a good day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on this lovely sunny (but cold) morning. Relaxing with a coffee. It's been a busy week so it's nice to relax before starting the dreaded admin.
We spoke to granddaughter this morning to wish her happy birthday. She is really looking forward to going out for a meal tonight with her mum, dad and sister. Because of Covid she isn't having a party - but it sounds like she doesn't mind at all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

I joined Skillshare with one month's free membership. But subtitles are often an issue for me, and Skillshare did not disappoint with that. They were intermittent or not there. Less than 24 hours after joining and I am ready to delete the app and cancel my membership. But no, I said. See how much I can get from it first. So, I am trying the Stoicism course. I tried watching it with my Android phone because that can create captions for me, but the Android caption facility doesn't have a clue what even the word Stoicism is, nor the other names, so I am watching garbled nonsense words...

Creative today...
Black ink tree drawing with calligraphy pen.
Sprayed paper with water.
And here it is.

Only about 4/5 pages left in sketchbook, so I need to find another one...

View attachment 52139
Fabulous piece of creative art and all the best for persevering with the Skillshare app

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Winner for fbg but funny for the Coco melon et al expertise (he said, trying to squeeze round a couple of sofas).

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good that the move went well. It is amazing just how much stuff we accumulate over the years.
I agree and this despite the van loads of ‘thinning out’ items - we must try harder, we must shake off the chains of capitalistic ownership of comfy chairs.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 on this lovely sunny (but cold) morning. Relaxing with a coffee. It's been a busy week so it's nice to relax before starting the dreaded admin.
We spoke to granddaughter this morning to wish her happy birthday. She is really looking forward to going out for a meal tonight with her mum, dad and sister. Because of Covid she isn't having a party - but it sounds like she doesn't mind at all.
Our youngest grandchild hit the ripe age of 2 yesterday and was not interested in any of the party things that her parents had prepared - nor really the other small guests. I think at that age, birthday parties are really for the parents and an opportunity to natter to friends. She perked right up when they had all gone and demonstrated her skills on a spanking new red tricycle.

Reactions: dogslife

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen and all misplaced elephants African in India and Indian in Africa, it happens, me and me’s kid you not, by kid I don’t mean baby goats, no not parsimonious baby goats, isn’t it strange how the English language can lead you astray…easily.

A 4.8 this busy morning.

Lots of things were happening in Tilehurst Towers and the immediate area this morning, then a rescheduled plinky plonky lesson at lunchtime. Hence the afternoon post.
@dunelm the British Heart Foundation are advertising their house clearance service, well the local branch to Tilehurst Towers is, but we are south of the Watford Gap, therefore a foreign country to the dark and dangerous norf.
Enjoy the rest of the day, if allowed.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.35am FBG 5.6

Does anyone get persistent pins and needles
In their hands?

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Our youngest grandchild hit the ripe age of 2 yesterday and was not interested in any of the party things that her parents had prepared - nor really the other small guests. I think at that age, birthday parties are really for the parents and an opportunity to natter to friends. She perked right up when they had all gone and demonstrated her skills on a spanking new red tricycle.
The birthday girl is 10 today. I can't believe just how fast the years have gone by. She is so grown up now.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

Creative today...
Black calligraphy pen.
Spayed with water mister.
It is a random effect, but I am gaining a little more control by the way I am spraying the water mister.

SkillShare is _____ (insert your own word for that, mine is a naughty word).
I found exactly the same videos on YouTube, and the subtitles/captions were perfect for each one. Absolutely no problems with subtitles/caption on YouTube. Also on SkillShare the video stopped and started and froze etc. Exactly the same videos on YouTube did not do that at all, the videos played smoothly. In consequence, my subscription to SkillShare has been cancelled, but I still have the free month. But the app will probably get deleted well before then. My rating for SkillShare...0 out of 5.

Have a good day.
Don't let the bad bits of the internet waste your time.
Find the good bits...

6E727CDF-C6DC-4947-8E04-F7896FAFDA90.jpeg