What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for the funny @Krystyna23040 but what's a guy supposed to do with that story?
At least @ianpspurs I wasn't as bad as my mother. She was really annoyed about some roadworks that meant she couldn't take the road she wanted to. So she stopped half way along the roadworks and asked some workmen which way she should go. They told her she must not stop because the lights were shortly going to change and she was blocking the road. She refused to move. The lights changed - the oncoming traffic started moving and there was absolute chaos.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am so pleased you didn't think I was stupid. It was confusing because they often do get us to weave from one lane to the other when they do roadworks on the A47.
There are so many roadworks round here at the moment @Krystyna23040 as well.
I encountered a lot today, and not any/enough signs in advance to explain.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a splendidly quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chish and fips with mushy peas came in at 5.4 this am - must have been the wine - red of course with chish and fips - I’m not a philistine.

Moving day and all quiet on the western front so far. Mrs Miggins wants to be woken at 0730 to ‘finish off and tidy up’ - removal lorry arrives at 0900 and then the fun begins and the cruel wait for the ceremony of the keys. Still, our solicitors clerk informed me that all the legal exchange stuff was carried out yesterday and that the all important (and expensive) telegraphic transfer will be done first thing this morning - unless of course they forget or we have another sonic boom in the area.

Art bit - wonder of wonders, a coupe of trees! Hope all your day is pain free and packed with interest. I am now getting interested in digging out the cafetière.

upload_2021-11-18_6-18-28.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a splendidly quiet start here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of chish and fips with mushy peas came in at 5.4 this am - must have been the wine - red of course with chish and fips - I’m not a philistine.

Moving day and all quiet on the western front so far. Mrs Miggins wants to be woken at 0730 to ‘finish off and tidy up’ - removal lorry arrives at 0900 and then the fun begins and the cruel wait for the ceremony of the keys. Still, our solicitors clerk informed me that all the legal exchange stuff was carried out yesterday and that the all important (and expensive) telegraphic transfer will be done first thing this morning - unless of course they forget or we have another sonic boom in the area.

Art bit - wonder of wonders, a coupe of trees! Hope all your day is pain free and packed with interest. I am now getting interested in digging out the cafetière.

View attachment 52118
Good wishes for a smooth hand over in every way @dunelm

Amazing trees. I love them...

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

I met my friend yesterday and she told me that the controlled explosion of the other bits of pieces of illicit stuff, found by the police took place in the large field in front of her flats in Sefton Park, and she watched it...but not much to see as it was covered in something...

Creative for today...
Tree drawn with calligraphy pen and sprayed with water...
43F07845-FA7F-4663-BB37-42EB483762B1.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome (back?) @Jojo85. @dunelm I hope the move goes smoothly and the hip likewise ASAP. Will the tree artist also be moving? No Philistine eh? Them Philistines were gert big brutes but prone to headbutting stones. There's a lesson in there somewhere. Gym done here now the rigours of breakfast by the pool after the multi lingual singing and dancing omelette chef. Fbg? 5.2 for cash guv. Oh, my winter fuel allowance cometh - very useful right now with JKP signing chitties for Mojitos poolside:arghh: The stays guys, the stays.

Last edited:

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

View attachment 52118
Hope everything goes smoothly dunelm and your very happy in your new home x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

View attachment 52118
Hope your move goes well today.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.

A 6.9 this morning, that meter………

good luck to all starting fresh adventures today, new house, new baby so the old saying goes….

stay well, stay safe, stay apart.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Murphy's law still in operation here,
MrSlim missed the ferry, but was fortunately able to get an overnight passage. No idea what time he will arrive. It's possible I will have to drive the new to us car to collect him from the station. A good 20 mins away.
Meanwhile am attempting to tidy up before our friends come for lunch - Have discovered another mouse invasion. Irony mice stealing cat bicuits ... lots of mess for me to deal with. Never did hear back from the person I offered all the cat stuff to. Need to find it a new home fast. Although I may decide to keep it for now.

lindisfel

Expert
When one moves what does one do with all the stuff we have accumulated over the years (since 1966 in this house in our case)

I have enough books to fill a small library and one day we may have to move into town, perhaps, horror of horrors to an estate house.
D.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
When one moves what does one do with all the stuff we have accumulated over the years (since 1966 in this house in our case)

I have enough books to fill a small library and one day we may have to move into town, perhaps, horror of horrors to an estate house.
D.
Good evening@lindisfel. We have just been through that experience having never moved house before. We started well in advance sorting through years of stuff and never left the house without at least one bag/ box to take to charity shops. It made it much easier to organise things at the new house and was a voyage of discovery too!:)

Jojo85

Good morning everyone!

5am fbg was 5.8, went back to bed then retested at 7am it was 6.5...
Havnt had those higher readings in a while. I thought I got DP under control but it's back...
Does anyone have these issues still? It's been 5 months since my journey and I have lost 37kg since then but still need to lose another 40kg or so. This makes me anxious which doesn't help :(

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only

D.
@lindisfel, my father is a prolific reader and never gets rid of books. When my parents lived in Somerset he had quite a library in the house and over 50 tea chests of books in a lockup garage. When they moved to France, mum suggested that he thin down his books - he got rid of about 100 - hardly a dint.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone!

5am fbg was 5.8, went back to bed then retested at 7am it was 6.5...
Havnt had those higher readings in a while. I thought I got DP under control but it's back...
Does anyone have these issues still? It's been 5 months since my journey and I have lost 37kg since then but still need to lose another 40kg or so. This makes me anxious which doesn't help :(
Ah, the problem is, you stabbed yourself too many times and by 7am your liver was living it large. I have a Libre glucose monitor and my blood sugars can sometimes be all over the place. Each stab of the finger is but a snapshot. I recommend but one stab at a reading and then ignore it. Or perhaps, after your fbg, just test before each meal and then decide what you can have to eat.