What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who think our national media is very, very toxic.

An unsurprising 6.5 this morning on that meter of misinformation.

So it appears Christmas is still on, parties are ok, but etc, etc, etc.

be well, bee safe and bea masked, hi-ho Tonto.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
4.8 for me
FB_IMG_1638828479278.jpg

Reactions: Jojo85 and dogslife

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.4

Creative today...
Several black pens - fude and handwriting and felt-tip, spray water.
I would have cropped it to the area round the sun with tree trunk and branches and ground, but when I put the bird in the sun, it wasn't as dry as I thought it was. It had blurred a little.
So, I am off to find a cheap hairdryer.
I couldn't find anything cheap enough online. I don't use hairdryers myself, so I object to paying over a fiver.
I get the feeling you are rocking your sides in laughter thinking my quest is hopeless...
I do have a hot air gun, but it is far too hot.

I have a couple of other electrical items I want, so I am not just looking for a hairdryer, otherwise I would just pay for it online. £7.99 incl p&p was the cheapest I found new. It is time I went out this week anyway for a breather away from this place...

50012F64-1193-4617-BC2A-E38CD4184498.jpeg

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.4

Creative today...
Several black pens - fude and handwriting and felt-tip, spray water.
I would have cropped it to the area round the sun with tree trunk and branches and ground, but when I put the bird in the sun, it wasn't as dry as I thought it was. It had blurred a little.
So, I am off to find a cheap hairdryer.
I couldn't find anything cheap enough online. I don't use hairdryers myself, so I object to paying over a fiver.
I get the feeling you are rocking your sides in laughter thinking my quest is hopeless...
I do have a hot air gun, but it is far too hot.

I have a couple of other electrical items I want, so I am not just looking for a hairdryer, otherwise I would just pay for it online. £7.99 incl p&p was the cheapest I found new. It is time I went out this week anyway...

View attachment 52393
Another smashing piece of art, sun with bird look good. I keep some tissues handy for blotting and when using rice paper I cover with another sheet and use an electric iron.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Another smashing piece of art, sun with bird look good. I keep some tissues handy for blotting and when using rice paper I cover with another sheet and use an electric iron.
Thanks @dunelm
I do have a (steam) iron, but alas it has been used for encaustic wax painting, so the wax is up those steam holes...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bacon, egg and braised cabbage came in at 5.4 this am

Out for lunch yesterday, just me and Mrs Miggins. The plan was to then have a wander round the square in town but my blooming hip started whinging about something so went home. Afternoon spent delving into as yet unpacked boxes. Some LED lights have been put up - nothing extravagant but there is still time. Mrs Miggins is off on a cruise tomorrow with her sisters, lots of Covid related documents to print off and another lateral flow test today and to register with NHS app - and on and on and on. What a palaver. Lunch today curtesy of the offsprings. More bulk jabbing sessions in January at the Hospital and have registered my attendance - I can do reception as that is a sitting down on a chair job.

More ink and water today. Have yourself a jolly little Friday, I shall go and make koffy.

upload_2021-12-10_7-46-11.jpeg

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Ah, thanks.
The ones I bought were definitely in a triangular tin from The Works.
I will be meeting a friend in England next week @dunelm and we will be parking near The Works, so I shall see what delights they may have to offer...
These are they:

upload_2021-12-10_7-48-18.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I'm reliably informed today is Friday in Forest Heath UK. Meanwhile, some cricketers from these shores seem to have learned how to bat. I swiped, lots actually recently, but this sensor is veering twixt unavailable, no number just a red line, 2s, 3s and 7s and 8s. Who knows? I won't put a new one on as I have an MRI on Sunday so it would have to come off. Both the M3 and M25 were on their best behaviour yesterday so a record run from Southampton, best in 15 years. Not even a take a break message on screen. @dunelm hug for hip, thanks for the art and spiffing fbg. @gennepher thanks for the creative and enjoy the foray into England next week. @Krystyna23040 smashing fbg and I do so hope you will chill out during your "break" My to do list today includes trying The Low Carb Food Co sausage roll plus TLCFC foccacia, W moules and halloumi frites; errecting a dinky pre-lit Christmas tree, watching rugby later and staying away from people. I need to thank my son for suggesting that rum I mentioned. Quite a revelation in a very good way.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who find diabetes perplexing.
This morning’s reading 1st. 7.8, 2nd 30 seconds later on a different finger 4.8. Take your pick.
Please make the most of today it is unique in its own special way. Being unsupervised most of the day plans are afoot or 304mm if you insist on metric units.
Me and me’s are getting really excited about the impending lockdown.
On that cheerful note have a great day.
Stay well, be safe and don’t forget your mask.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another day in paradise here in the dark and dangerous north
The wonder wheel of bacon, egg and braised cabbage came in at 5.4 this am

Out for lunch yesterday, just me and Mrs Miggins. The plan was to then have a wander round the square in town but my blooming hip started whinging about something so went home. Afternoon spent delving into as yet unpacked boxes. Some LED lights have been put up - nothing extravagant but there is still time. Mrs Miggins is off on a cruise tomorrow with her sisters, lots of Covid related documents to print off and another lateral flow test today and to register with NHS app - and on and on and on. What a palaver. Lunch today curtesy of the offsprings. More bulk jabbing sessions in January at the Hospital and have registered my attendance - I can do reception as that is a sitting down on a chair job.

More ink and water today. Have yourself a jolly little Friday, I shall go and make koffy.

View attachment 52394
Hugs for your whinging hip.
I like the way the painting has worked out @dunelm

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm reliably informed today is Friday in Forest Heath UK. Meanwhile, some cricketers from these shores seem to have learned how to bat. I swiped, lots actually recently, but this sensor is veering twixt unavailable, no number just a red line, 2s and 3 and 7s and 8s. Who knows? I won't put a new one on as I have an MRI on Sunday so it would have to come off. Both the M3 and M25 were on their best behaviour yesterday so a record run from Southampton, best in 15 years. Not even a take a break message on screen. @dunelm hug for hip, thanks for the art and spiffing fbg. @gennepher thanks for the creative and enjoy the foray into England next week. @Krystyna23040 smashing fbg and I do so hope you will chill out during your "break" My to do list today includes trying a seriously low carb sausage roll plus slc foccacia, W moules and halloumi frites; errecting a dinky pre-lit Christmas tree, watching rugby later and staying away from people. I need to thank my son for suggesting that rum I mentioned. Quite a revelation in a very good way.
Thanks @ianpspurs

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks. I thought of you whilst helping JKP install (very tasteful) outside Christmas lights. This close houses quite a few US service people so there have been lights, trees, wreaths (seems an all year thing), animals etc since before Thanksgiving. Ours, like most I would say, are battery and timer controlled via a remote. Alexa isn't involved - pity.