What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Jojo85

Good morning everyone!

Yesterday fbg was 5.4
Today was 5.7

My nieces slept in my room and I had a restless night, they are only 7 and 4 years old but are very cute (most of the time haha)

Getting their breakfast ready now, chocolate cereal lol oh how it would be nice to be a kid again

Hope everyone has a wonderful day x

Reactions: dogslife

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone!

Yesterday fbg was 5.4
Today was 5.7

My nieces slept in my room and I had a restless night, they are only 7 and 4 years old but are very cute (most of the time haha)

Getting their breakfast ready now, chocolate cereal lol oh how it would be nice to be a kid again

Hope everyone has a wonderful day x
The joys of hosting the small people.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on what looks to be a splendid day here in the dark and dangerous north.
A Christening yesterday - a great, great niece if you will. Then of course the danger zone that is the buffet. I am now quite adept at peeling pork pies, sausage rolls and the like. Salad stuff, hooray and some fish. Little Miss Pamplemouse and the ninky nonks are here for the week (parents arrive on Friday) so we have been having a splendid time since early o’clock - drawing pictures, solving wooden puzzles and ‘doing’ the time on a toy clock. They are off to a farm today so a picnic needs preparing and welly boots dug out.
Art bit, stood on top of a cliff. Have a great day today, remember that it is half term so towns will be rammed with small folk and bewildered looking grown ups wondering what to do in the realms of entertainment (your kids don’t like shopping). Best make breakfast and a cafetière of koffy.

upload_2022-4-11_6-8-58.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 this morning. We had a lovely walk around Gooderstone Water Gardens - or more correctly a gentle amble in the sunshine. Poppy and Archie had doggie frozen yoghurt and Archie was very naughty as he crept under the table and stole Poppy's.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings chums spread as we are far and wide with widely different lifestyles but united in the common task of fighting the forces of darkness and evil. No not (insert politician, celeb or meedja of choice) The D. I have no clue how valiantly I fought yesterday since I am Swipeyless but I even ate beef as part of an LC compliant Sunday roast in the company of JKP and MIL. Surely that shows commitment - or maybe I should be committed? @Krystyna23040 your day yesterday sounds like the type of day Lionel Blue used to call chicken soup for the soul. @Jojo85 enjoy your time with your nieces. @dunelm thanks for the art and your day must already have been both magical and tiring. The farm sounds a wonderful idea - lambing season? There are acute shortages of common sense, basic humanity and sound leadership in certain parts so best stock up on toilet rolls again. Toodle-pip.

Last edited:
Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on what looks to be a splendid day here in the dark and dangerous north.
A Christening yesterday - a great, great niece if you will. Then of course the danger zone that is the buffet. I am now quite adept at peeling pork pies, sausage rolls and the like. Salad stuff, hooray and some fish. Little Miss Pamplemouse and the ninky nonks are here for the week (parents arrive on Friday) so we have been having a splendid time since early o’clock - drawing pictures, solving wooden puzzles and ‘doing’ the time on a toy clock. They are off to a farm today so a picnic needs preparing and welly boots dug out.
Art bit, stood on top of a cliff. Have a great day today, remember that it is half term so towns will be rammed with small folk and bewildered looking grown ups wondering what to do in the realms of entertainment (your kids don’t like shopping). Best make breakfast and a cafetière of koffy.

View attachment 54119
Splendid powerful art bit vista @dunelm

A nice chaotic time for you today
:)

Reactions: dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I had a word (or a few rather), on chat with OVO explaining that their smart meters were not being very smart, and expecting me to do manual readings daily.
Oh, I'll just press some buttons on my computer typed Brooke, and then I'll authorise a couple of things.
Now is there anything else you need today asked Brooke?
Are you sure you have sorted it all out I questioned?
Of course replied Brooke. It is all set up now.

Now my smart meter monitor gleefully informs me that it is being smart and sending readings to OVO. I hope this continues....

Shadow was sleeping on the swing last night, and I think that might be the reason Foxy Loxy did not visit last night, and my raised vegetable garden was left alone. Dare I plant some seedlings today?

Shadow seems to enjoy swinging on the swing...

Creative today - coloured Fude pen inks on a postcard. Snapseed for name and frame.

Hard to draw today. My hand went clawed in the night, and I am still trying to release it. Still doing all my hand exercises, but it is not helping. I used to have (still have) a tens machine, to help with all this stuff. The hospital told me which one to get (in 1990's), and they set the frequencies for me. But when I got my cochlear implant (14 years ago), I was then told I couldn't use it any more on my shoulders or near the cochlear implant area in my head. Unfortunately that was the main area where I needed it. So, I stopped using using it. Just rooted it out. It still works. Just tried it lower down in my body, But it is a very strong powerful setting (the hospital in England set that). It is an older bulky model with wires and batteries.

So, checking out newer models online, they are usb powered, and some small ones with no wires. Also checked current up to date cochlear implant advice on this, about using a tens machine. Now, 2022, they say you can use a tens machine on on your shoulder, but not any nearer than that.. But I would never use that strong a setting that near to the implant. So, I am googling to find a small usb rechargeable tens machine (no wires, but like a butterfly, if you get me), with various settings. And it would be used on my arm, I cannot reach my shoulder anyway now. So, that is where I am at now with this. I need to do something.

E1DCA26B-25C5-4BD2-88C0-1D7B1A8FA192.jpeg

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and belated birfday wishes to @jjraak, I did play happy birfday this morning during my plinky plonky practice session,
Blood sugars this morning were firstly 4.1 and straight after on a different finger 4.9, I shall run with the 4.9 and swear mightily.
Most of today me, me’s and myself will be unsupervised ( reasons to be cheerful) , but on going projects are calling.
For our @gennepher I shall attempt to attach a picture of 3 planters I finished yesterday, they are for a fellow motorcyclist pal of mine who lives out Surrey way.
Stay safe all.
1B944970-014C-49C1-8F0E-4806399F3B81.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and belated birfday wishes to @jjraak, I did play happy birfday this morning during my plinky plonky practice session,
Blood sugars this morning were firstly 4.1 and straight after on a different finger 4.9, I shall run with the 4.9 and swear mightily.
Most of today me, me’s and myself will be unsupervised ( reasons to be cheerful) , but on going projects are calling.
For our @gennepher I shall attempt to attach a picture of 3 planters I finished yesterday, they are for a fellow motorcyclist pal of mine who lives out Surrey way.
Stay safe all.View attachment 54122
Hugs for the Fbg @alf_Josiah

Love the planters!

t2035.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I have just been reading a Sonnet exploring how the information age and 24 hr news have created compassion fatigue. Basically, in days of yore all the hunger, pain and suffering we saw was so local we could actually help but today these problems bombard our eyes and we can soon become either overwhelmed or fatigued. Well, let me tell you compassion fatigue isn't the vogue here on this thread. I'm sorry for your pain and tens machine issues @gennepher and your low fbg @alf_Josiah. Despite all that thanks for the art and hope of crops @gennepher and good man for being so practical and helpful to your fellow motorcyclist @alf_Josiah. Virtual hugs and praise may not be the same as those IRL but are better than turning a blind eye or simply shrugging. @gennepher good job you got Brooke.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings chums spread as we are far and wide with widely different lifestyles but united in the common task of fighting the forces of darkness and evil. No not (insert politician, celeb or meedja of choice) The D. I have no clue how valiantly I fought yesterday since I am Swipeyless but I even ate beef as part of an LC compliant Sunday roast in the company of JKP and MIL. Surely that shows commitment - or maybe I should be committed? @Krystyna23040 your day yesterday sounds like the type of day Lionel Blue used to call chicken soup for the soul. @Jojo85 enjoy your time with your nieces. @dunelm thanks for the art and your day must already have been both magical and tiring. The farm sounds a wonderful idea - lambing season? There are acute shortages of common sense, basic humanity and sound leadership in certain parts so best stock up on toilet rolls again. Toodle-pip.
Thank you @ianpspurs and also for that hot tip - I am running out of cupboard space for more loo rolls but I shall get the grandchildren on the case to demolish the mountain of Walkers crisps we panic bought last week.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.6

I had a word (or a few rather), on chat with OVO explaining that their smart meters were not being very smart, and expecting me to do manual readings daily.
Oh, I'll just press some buttons on my computer typed Brooke, and then I'll authorise a couple of things.
Now is there anything else you need today asked Brooke?
Are you sure you have sorted it all out I questioned?
Of course replied Brooke. It is all set up now.

Now my smart meter monitor gleefully informs me that it is being smart and sending readings to OVO. I hope this continues....

Shadow was sleeping on the swing last night, and I think that might be the reason Foxy Loxy did not visit last night, and my raised vegetable garden was left alone. Dare I plant some seedlings today?

Shadow seems to enjoy swinging on the swing...

Creative today - coloured Fude pen inks on a postcard. Snapseed for name and frame.

Hard to draw today. My hand went clawed in the night, and I am still trying to release it. Still doing all my hand exercises, but it is not helping. I used to have (still have) a tens machine, to help with all this stuff. The hospital told me which one to get (in 1990's), and they set the frequencies for me. But when I got my cochlear implant (14 years ago), I was then told I couldn't use it any more on my shoulders or near the cochlear implant area in my head. Unfortunately that was the main area where I needed it. So, I stopped using using it. Just rooted it out. It still works. Just tried it lower down in my body, But it is a very strong powerful setting (the hospital in England set that). It is an older bulky model with wires and batteries.

So, checking out newer models online, they are usb powered, and some small ones with no wires. Also checked current up to date cochlear implant advice on this, about using a tens machine. Now, 2022, they say you can use a tens machine on on your shoulder, but not any nearer than that.. But I would never use that strong a setting that near to the implant. So, I am googling to find a small usb rechargeable tens machine (no wires, but like a butterfly, if you get me), with various settings. And it would be used on my arm, I cannot reach my shoulder anyway now. So, that is where I am at now with this. I need to do something.

View attachment 54121
Another smashing postcard picture. Popeye looks happy. Glad that the smart meters are now playing smartly and good luck with the hunt for a new TENS machine.

Reactions: ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Stay safe all.View attachment 54122
Nice planters, enjoy your unsupervised day

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have just been reading a Sonnet exploring how the information age and 24 hr news have created compassion fatigue. Basically, in days of yore all the hunger, pain and suffering we saw was so local we could actually help but today these problems bombard our eyes and we can soon become either overwhelmed or fatigued. Well, let me tell you compassion fatigue isn't the vogue here. I'm sorry for your pain and tens machine issues @gennepher and your low fbg @alf_Josiah. Despite all that thanks for the art and hope of crops @gennepher and good man for being so practical and helpful to your fellow motorcyclist @alf_Josiah. Virtual hugs and praise may not be the same as those IRL but better than turning a blind eye or shrugging. @gennepher good job you got Brooke.
Thanks @ianpspurs
:)