What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Loving that pic, Genn.:happy:

Bless him, he looks SO contented .

I'm up early today, been a run of poor nights sleep...a few things on my mind, that I may have come to terms with OR more likely tiredness won the day, and I had a good night's sleep last night .

Anyway, on the topic of cats, Marley is normally a late night visitor, but today his tapping on our door came as Lauren was heading to work...
I say heading, with train strike,... it's more hoping .

So Marley pops in for a catch up, a little stroke,, but we both know it's the gourmet reviews that brought him in

"Hiya, cat daddy " he blinked..."what ya got in the specials, today" he miaows, as he twisted in & around my legs

"Ooh...Felix salmon, doubly delicious..and a 2022,. A very good year"

I think was his appraisal, as I slip the flavoursome jelly dish into his bowl.

A lip smacking compliment at the end, as he finished, was all the payment needed.

A quick check of all the rooms, and he sauntered off out, for another day of cat adventures.

Found a pic of him I thought I'd share
Here's Marley outside, having cantered up the road to greet me, a few weeks ago .

View attachment 55980
(Excuse the rushed editing )
lovely picture of Marley @jjraak

Reactions: ianpspurs

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Creative is Midnight once again. Did a black&white photograph of him sleeping on me. I think it works quite well because of his glossy fur. I used to prefer b&w photos over colour.

We spent yesterday reinforcing those trust issues. He slept all day on me in my bed. Now, I get in and out of my bed frequently. And as he was on my legs, he is still a helluva weight, so consequently I can get cramp, I carefully lifted him to the side by lifting the duvet and him (I still cannot lift him with my bare arthritic hands he is too awkward a shape). About 6 hours he slept on me. He was so contented and relaxed and chilled out, and despite me handling him a lot, he just sleepily looked at me each time I moved him and went back to sleep.

He has exceptionally fine fur. I've never seen this fine fur on a cat before. The problem is, it matts easily especially near his rear end with him cleaning downwards his body, and I needed to use the dematting tool which he hates. So, last night I got all his comb and other grooming tools, and was giving him a good old grooming, then suddenly I whipped out the dematting tool. He saw it. He said NO. I said YES. I swiped at the matted bit which I had managed to loosen enough, and out it came. You should have seen the relief on his face. It had been irritating him. And he came and purred round my legs. One time that would have been me shredded and clawed for that action.

So a good day yesterday!

Birdies need feeding now, they are a hungry lot.

Then a cuppa for me.

Have a good day.

View attachment 55979
Midnight looks so relaxed and contented. A really happy cat @gennepher

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bright and sunny start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. We have had a wonderful extra long weekend away but are now so thankful for the comfort of our orthopedic bed - not that beds in other places are awful - it’s your own bed - doesn’t matter when you are a young adult or even a not so young adult but as time ticks away, the comfort of ones own bed draws like a magnet. It rained last night. The grass in our town is still green and lush. A far cry from the brown landscape of daan saaf. I do hope that your own patch of Jerusalem is getting some pre-hose pipe ban moisture. Serious cafe visit today as our two eldest grandchildren are back from Spain and will be joining us and the girl in the bubble late morning for a late breakfast. Art bit, a bit more inking in from yesterday. Have a fab Friday, tuck it onto the weekend if you like. I must now finish my koffy and get on with my day.

View attachment 55981
Enjoy the cafe @dunelm and company...
Great pen and ink work....

Reactions: ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello everyone on super salmon salad Friday. We have had what I can only call an insinuation of rain. @gennepher all round progress with Midnight - fantastic. That creative makes him look a monstrous size so I can see why you would get cramp. @jjraak good news on the better sleep. Marley's eyes scare me witless in that photo but I'm sure he/she's lovable, just my issues with cats. @dunelm glad you are home safely and in opulent greenery. Have a splendid late breakfast with those grandchildren. Sure to be many tales from that holiday. Thanks for the art which is developing nicely. I hope any children/grandchildren/great grandchildren/ children of friends and relatives were delighted or eventually relieved after results day. Several headteachers feel that cohort had been worst affected by COVID disruption. This may be a cause to which some feel worth donating: Ruth Strauss foundation. Undoubtedly some students would have been impacted by such tragedies. I can sadly recall a few. Stay safe and hydrate yourself. Lawns and plants don't drive or operate machinery.
He is a monstrous size, bigger than my last dog Meg @ianpspurs
Marley does have witchery pointy ears!
You have a hydrated day...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Loving that pic, Genn.:happy:

Bless him, he looks SO contented .

I'm up early today, been a run of poor nights sleep...a few things on my mind, that I may have come to terms with OR more likely tiredness won the day, and I had a good night's sleep last night .

Anyway, on the topic of cats, Marley is normally a late night visitor, but today his tapping on our door came as Lauren was heading to work...
I say heading, with train strike,... it's more hoping .

So Marley pops in for a catch up, a little stroke,, but we both know it's the gourmet reviews that brought him in

"Hiya, cat daddy " he blinked..."what ya got in the specials, today" he miaows, as he twisted in & around my legs

"Ooh...Felix salmon, doubly delicious..and a 2022,. A very good year"

I think was his appraisal, as I slip the flavoursome jelly dish into his bowl.

A lip smacking compliment at the end, as he finished, was all the payment needed.

A quick check of all the rooms, and he sauntered off out, for another day of cat adventures.

Found a pic of him I thought I'd share
Here's Marley outside, having cantered up the road to greet me, a few weeks ago .

View attachment 55980
(Excuse the rushed editing )
Midnight does doesn't he @jjraak

He is enjoying the reduced sunshine in the garden today...

Sounds though you have a gourmet cat diner as well...

Why do they check out all rooms when they have eaten?

Hi Marley!

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.4 this morning. Yesterday I was back normal eating. Good to know that I can indulge on special occasions without messing up fbs.

My friend Hilary is coming around this morning to say goodbye to Archie. She hasn't felt well enough to do this up to now. It will be so good to see her and her husband. We have been friends since 1977 so It is so sad that she won't be around much longer.
A sad day, I hope it went as well as it could.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a dry and breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north. Typing without looking, they called it touch typing but I was taught on a four bank Imperial typewriter and merely touching the keys did not cut it. Now, even though I have been using an electronic keyboard for a good number of years, I still to figure out where the F and H are first as there are a bunch of keys over on the right that are just in the way - and where is that nice carriage return.
Anyhow, art bit. Some colour and a head scratch about what comes next. Have a Super Duper Saturday everyone. I of course will now go and make some koffy.

upload_2022-8-20_6-56-32.jpeg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
5.4 this morning. Yesterday I was back normal eating. Good to know that I can indulge on special occasions without messing up fbs.

My friend Hilary is coming around this morning to say goodbye to Archie. She hasn't felt well enough to do this up to now. It will be so good to see her and her husband. We have been friends since 1977 so It is so sad that she won't be around much longer.
Hugs x

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a dry and breezy start here in the dark and dangerous north. Typing without looking, they called it touch typing but I was taught on a four bank Imperial typewriter and merely touching the keys did not cut it. Now, even though I have been using an electronic keyboard for a good number of years, I still to figure out where the F and H are first as there are a bunch of keys over on the right that are just in the way - and where is that nice carriage return.
Anyhow, art bit. Some colour and a head scratch about what comes next. Have a Super Duper Saturday everyone. I of course will now go and make some koffy.

View attachment 55993
I still have a few manual typewriters @dunelm and spare ribbons. The one in the potting shed does cursive writing. It was J's father's. It is older than me. Keeping that in working order ready for the apocalypse...

Great finish to the ink drawing.
Enjoy that coffee.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.6

I went outside yesterday evening to take some kaleidoscope photos. But I had left it too late, the light had gone too much...

So I took a couple of kaleidoscopes of Midnight. This is how they turned out.
One was the bullish Midnight a bit like when he first came here.
The second one, Laboscope shows Midnight as a slimmed down cat!
Will he ever get that size? I doubt it. But he has lost a little weight, very slowly, and it has made the difference to him being able to jump from my bed, over a tall waste paper bin, on to the steps outside my bedroom door.
He is definitely more agile.

So, these two kaleidoscopes are my Creatives for today.

I have harvested some beans and peas earlier, and they will be part of my breakfast in a bit.

A cuppa now.

Have a good day!

FE463CA5-19EB-4A37-876E-E6BD004619D6.jpeg

EFF532D8-A7DA-4E26-832F-25818D70A8E8.jpeg

Jojo85

Hi friends!

5.3 this morning :)
Hope everyone has a great weekend :) just waiting for a friend to come over. We are going to indulge in a cheese platter tonight hehe

Take care everyone x

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Admin up to date so can now do the interesting stuff - trawling through my training notes and videos and deciding what new exercises to bring into the classes.

Will also be reading some fiction and drinking too many cups of coffee.