What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well done!

With being profoundly deaf I have never made or received a phone call in my life. I would have no idea how to do it.

I panic each time a spam phone call comes in if I am holding the phone (I have no idea it is ringing otherwise). Not at home. I throw the phone under a cushion until it has gone away.

I don’t know how to stop the intrusive call from annoying others around me, so I turn phone off.

I don’t disable the phone call facility because I have needed others to make phone calls on my behalf on my phone from time to time.

Glad your hospital appointment went very well, and it was good for that you were seen early.

You can set it to VIBRATE and that way you can feel it if it rings while you're holding it. You may be able to see it vibrate if it's on a table. My old flip phone can vibrate itself right off the table onto the floor! :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You can set it to VIBRATE and that way you can feel it if it rings while you're holding it. You may be able to see it vibrate if it's on a table. My old flip phone can vibrate itself right off the table onto the floor! :)

Most newish ones can also be set to flash, when calls are incoming :D

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon all. I've been off-grid, (and off diet), cruising N.France on my boat. Glad to report no sign of any anti-British sentiments, other than the declining exchange rate. Sampled forbidden foods like "pain au chocolat" and had to have proper baguette and wine with "les fromages et la charcuterie".

Weight gain 1 kg.

BG just now, 1 hour pp, 7.3 mmo/lt. Got to be a good boy now for a few months.

Footie season about to start. Bring it on!

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. My FBG today was 6.9 and taken at 7am by a paramedic. Woke at 3.30 with tummy pain which then came in cycles for the next two hours. At the peak each time I got sick. Never known pain like it. After screaming like a banshee OH dialled 999. The pain had abated by the time Ross arrived. He couldnt find any reason so spoke to my Dr on the phone and transferred my care. I am beached on the sofa with Daisy with a very sore tum and feeling like a wet dishcloth. Dr ringing later. Query kidney stone but I think it might just be a nasty bug. Very impressed with my care. Lovely fella Ross.
Hope you are all good and have a better day. Take care, stay well.

Ooh.Aunt Pengy...So not nice to hear.:wideyed:

glad you seem to be making some sort of recovery..:)

sit back, chill , and as @Saskia says, nurse daisy is on the case, so
you'll be well looked after on the love and affection front :happy:

god speed a quick recovery.

Last edited:
Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good afternoon all. I've been off-grid, (and off diet), cruising N.France on my boat. Glad to report no sign of any anti-British sentiments, other than the declining exchange rate. Sampled forbidden foods like "pain au chocolat" and had to have proper baguette and wine with "les fromages et la charcuterie".

Weight gain 1 kg.

BG just now, 1 hour pp, 7.3 mmo/lt. Got to be a good boy now for a few months.

Footie season about to start. Bring it on!

Hi @True Blue

wow sounds fantastic.

and back just in time for the Football..good timing.:D

nice to see your well.

soon be back in the swing of things.

and ONLY 1kg..blooming marvellous ( as richard van dyke would have said in mary poppins..:hilarious: )

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 today. Keeping it brief. Time for ABRs

FYI today is CAB re BIL asking for HELP ASAP he has T2D and other health conditions causing AGRO. I took list of FAQs and IMHO it's a case of DIY research. I said RSVP wont you but they said N/A and sent me packing! THX!!! OMG!!! ***. all I can say is TGIF except its only HUMP day! Feeling GGGRRRR.

Anyway abbreviations have timed out LOL.

Off to Wales now (on motorway and its lashing it down) to meet up with our daughter and family on Campsite. Same one we took her to when she was the same age as our granddaughter (2) We had bad weather. A hurricane in fact! Ended up sleeping on the cinema floor with my mum, sister, hubby and daughter. I queued to get money back so we could go elsewhere. Glass in pool as roof caved in, trees uprooted, boats overturned, frightening. Anyway got a text from her last night. Shocking weather:

'It was until the place just flooded! been told restaurant closed and cakerry and pizza place and soft play and arcade! Roof 'caving in' apparently! ‍♀️ xxxx'

History repeating itself! I certainly hope not!

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The Dr called me after OH rushed up a urine sample (sorry if TMI) and said no kidney stone. She thinks its a nasty gastro bug. I am sipping water, no pain just very sore tum from being so sick with it. Going to try and sleep a bit. OH and girls being wonderful.
Thanks for your concern. Hope you and the KC are good.
I do hope that you a are beginning to feel a lot better now. It's so horrible having a sore tum.

Viv19

Morning All. My FBG today was 6.9 and taken at 7am by a paramedic. Woke at 3.30 with tummy pain which then came in cycles for the next two hours. At the peak each time I got sick. Never known pain like it. After screaming like a banshee OH dialled 999. The pain had abated by the time Ross arrived. He couldnt find any reason so spoke to my Dr on the phone and transferred my care. I am beached on the sofa with Daisy with a very sore tum and feeling like a wet dishcloth. Dr ringing later. Query kidney stone but I think it might just be a nasty bug. Very impressed with my care. Lovely fella Ross.
Hope you are all good and have a better day. Take care, stay well.

How awful for you. I hope it’s sorted very soon. Hugs for quick recovery PenguinMum.

trick60

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most newish ones can also be set to flash, when calls are incoming :D

I have a flasher too, but I told her to close the curtains of a morning as she was scaring the wildlife. :wideyed:

(Glad she doesn't read what I type on here.)

Reactions: Viv19

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks EVERYONE for your good wishes which meant a lot. I am feeling better though still got a sore tum. Hoping for a good nights sleep tonight. Need to get on that plane to Dublin to see son on Friday. Havent tested BG today, didnt see the point. Hopefully a normal day tomo.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Heres a little teaser for everyone
FB_IMG_1564345126409.jpg

ChrissiStar

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I am so sorry to hear about this. Did he mention macular degeneration, or central serous retinopathy? I was diagnosed with the latter 20+ years ago. Wavy lines, other objects sometimes looking sort of warped, and sometimes a black spot at the center of my vision if I look at something directly.

The optometrist who examined my eyes a couple of months ago said I had cataracts too, but she was trying to rush me into cataract surgery with an ophthalmologist who is somehow connected to her, so I'm going to wait for a second opinion.

Sorry to bump this back up, but I think Central Serous Retinopathy is what my optician has recently told me I have, he didn’t say it by name, just said I had fluid behind my eye and as it is close to the optic nerve it’s causing the slight distortion, he didn’t seem overly concerned by it and said the fluid behind my eye would most like be reabsorbed by itself. I have the wavy lines when I look at things close up with my right eye and my vision is ever so slightly darker, however when I have my specs on and use both eyes I am grand! I know everyone is different but can I ask what your experience of it was? I am driving myself crazy with Dr Google and putting the fear of God in myself!

Reactions: Viv19 and SaskiaKC

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum I’ve only just popped back in here after my morning post. I’m so sorry to read of your horrible night and morning. It must have been so scary. That sort of pain, which is so intense it makes you physically sick is the most terrible thing. I’m not surprised you felt so washed out afterwards. It sounds like you had very good care. Hope you have a restful, comfortable night tonight.

Reactions: Viv19 and jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ChrissiStar I think the doctor who diagnosed the central serous retinopathy wanted me to have surgery, but I didn't. I was not quite 40 at the time. That was about 28 years ago -- I don't know what, if anything, doctors want to do about it nowadays.

It's in my left eye, and usually nowadays if I look directly at an object with my left eye, the object is blurred. Sometimes I can see the object a little more clearly out of the corner of my eye, but I'm so nearsighted (plus have astigmatism) that it really doesn't help that much. I don't notice it when I'm looking at something with both eyes, because it's been a long time since I've had that scary "black dot" effect blocking my vision.