What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a late start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Paddy’s day so brace yourself for false claims of Irishness, especially those in the next clowns on zimmer frame race to the White House. Pleasant wander along the lower promenade yesterday. The Funicular is undergoing repairs after a fire earlier this year in the pump room so it’s all hands to the railing back up the 181 steps to the upper prom. Fitbit got very excited about the number of stairs I had done. Out today - meeting friends for lunch. A table booked a couple of weeks ago so hope that there is no surcharge for sitting out of the rain. Art bit - blockbuster video card smear, a pinch of salt and make something of it once dried. Hope your Sunday contains the roast. It’s Carling Sunday oop north so don’t spare the vinegar and white pepper but more importantly it’s the Ninky Nonks’ celebration of their 7th circumnavigation of the sun. Koffy though first.

View attachment 66779
Happy birthday to the Ninky Nonks - shall you dress as Iggle Piggle? Hugs for all Gen Alpha who have basically been governed by the, mainly Oxford educated :playful:, cast of Shameless. Enjoy the meal, hopefully in the dry. Thank you for the art which reminded me of a Christmas card - probably not teahydrated sufficiently.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning - which is really good as we ate very late and I was really hungry so ate quite a big dinner.

Today is going to be a very relaxing day as it is too wet to wander around our favourite National Trust properties and we would probably need a boat to go around Gooderstone Water Gardens. I am actually quite looking forward to a very relaxing day.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
8.2 this morning.
Had a bit of a dispiriting two weeks on a ward packed with Diabetics minus various body parts.
And had one guy in his forties telling e he didn’t believe in all that carb counting rubbish didn’t know what bolus was had lost most of the toes on his left foot had a gangrene infection of his right foot accepted all this as inevitable and had a locker full of chocolate biscuits and sweets and his best hope was that he would only loose his right foot not the leg what do you say to that person I kept y thoughts to my self.

He had been Type 1 since he was 10 years old it’s hard not to despair when you know it was avoidable.
I met someone who had a similar outlook recently. Was totally shocked that he hadn't taken the warnings to heart and made a few changes. He told me there was a family history of T2. His brother is now in a wheelchair after losing part of both legs. He seemed to think there was nothing to be done about his own condition. As it was a first meeting and at a social occaision it wasn't appropiate for me to comment. Much biting of my tongue. Especially when he was vaping at the table, then got very drunk and spilled red wine over MrSlim!!!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak So sorry for your loss condolences to you and your family.

The fragility of life was brought home to me recently if not for the fact that the radiologist who checked my scan completely by chance noticed the leaking stent and acted on that immediately the aneurism could have ruptured at any moment and I would not be here now.

I was able to thank him as he was present at my op and came over to introduce himself.
I gave you a winner rather than a hug @JohnEGreen because you have won this particular battle, and are here now at the present moment...

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8

Yesterday when I was out I did a few line sketches.
I was in the car when this collie got tied up. The owner went in the garage with a newspaper. So I figured I might get a couple of minutes.
Obviously I am not good at drawing dogs.
My hand was shakier than usual which did not help...
And I added a bit of colour...

Wildlife nighttime camera
Cat Jade & Fox & Badger who sniffs the cloths on the swing
1min 15secs

Creative..a sketch of a tri-coloured border collie

Have a good day...

View attachment 66773
Really good drawing of the collie @gennepher . The owner took a bit of a risk leaving a dog tied up outside a shop.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
its running in part from fear but i know i must change and im trying
Change is never easy. Find one small thing to do one thing differently at first. Then another. Small wins or changes mount up. Don't give up if you mess up or backside. We all do that.

Or you could decide this is it and really make significant changes all at once.

Whatever you do the people on here will be supportive

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a late start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north. Paddy’s day so brace yourself for false claims of Irishness, especially those in the next clowns on zimmer frame race to the White House. Pleasant wander along the lower promenade yesterday. The Funicular is undergoing repairs after a fire earlier this year in the pump room so it’s all hands to the railing back up the 181 steps to the upper prom. Fitbit got very excited about the number of stairs I had done. Out today - meeting friends for lunch. A table booked a couple of weeks ago so hope that there is no surcharge for sitting out of the rain. Art bit - blockbuster video card smear, a pinch of salt and make something of it once dried. Hope your Sunday contains the roast. It’s Carling Sunday oop north so don’t spare the vinegar and white pepper but more importantly it’s the Ninky Nonks’ celebration of their 7th circumnavigation of the sun. Koffy though first.

View attachment 66779
Love your painting @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Peace be with you all this St Patrick's Day. Did he actually exist if there are no selfies? I can't even find his blog or social page which gives one pause, eh what? Does a tree falling in a forest really make a noise if no one hears? What is the sound of one hand clapping? We'll be back to answer these and more of your questions after this message from our sponsors. Hosing down outside here, how you doin? @gennepher thank you for sharing what is unquestionably a collie dog. If I'm honest I can't read the look in the eyes but I'll work on my emotional IQ or just become an MP: a tad tricky round here for anyone left of Genghis Khan. More tea beckons and later some roast pork - shoulder obviously and must be plenty of crackling - and perhaps some Irish whiskey because if not now when? I'm assuming some here, or their spouses, may join me so sláinte is táinte. You do you today but do others the courtesy of allowing them to do them please. I think that is what love thy neighbour as thyself translates as for Gen Z - Gen Beta next up from Jan 1 2025.
Thank you very much @ianpspurs for your kind compliment....

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Oh bread and cheese - yes, so tempting. I buy sourdough from a local sourdough baker, slice and put in the freezer - it is supposed to reduce carb loading - will that work at 10pm though?
Absolutely not.
Even a piece of cheese that late has an effect on FBG next morning.

Although I believe freezing does create resistant starch making reducing the carb spike.

Last edited:

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It has been seven years of self funding till only recently when my doctor agreed to prescribe strips because I was able to argue that it would help manage my CKD and he agreed.

@JohnEGreen Can you please explain how blood sugar levels impact CKD?
MrSlim has this condition. His diet is heavily carb based.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 66779
Happy Birthday to the Ninky Nonks @dinelm

Your Art bit is absolutely brilliant....

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I forgot to mention fbg earlier it was 6.8 this morning.

Happy St Patrick’s day may have tot of Jameson’s later no false claim of Irishnes on my part it’s written in my DNA but only a small tot as not a big part of my DNA but there nonetheless.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I forgot to mention fbg earlier it was 6.8 this morning.

Happy St Patrick’s day may have tot of Jameson’s later no false claim of Irishnes on my part it’s written in my DNA but only a small tot as not a big part of my DNA but there nonetheless.
Good man yourself for giving me another really good reason to enjoy a tot of their produce. Very rude not to toast a friend - even virtual - who has been through some hard times recently. I can't let you drink alone, unthinkable. I'll never know why JKP insisted I buy a litre at duty free - she has (approx) 397,789 bottles of gin so it was probably concscience. :D

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy birthday to the Ninky Nonks - shall you dress as Iggle Piggle? Hugs for all Gen Alpha who have basically been governed by the (mainly Oxford educated :playful: ) cast of Shameless. Enjoy the meal, hopefully in the dry. Thank you for the art which reminded me of a Christmas card - probably not teahydrated sufficiently.
Thank you @ianpspurs - have you been peeking in my dress up box?