What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I use a comparison site every time it's time for a renewal...I never used to then realised how little we get for loyalty...zero.

Yep same here...every year they send me an amusing quote.
Then I go on line to see what it SHOULD cost.

Then an interesting convo with who ever answers phone..
"Want to talk about my quote for 'X', found I can get it cheaper, can you match ?"
"Oh, you do know there are SO many variables, etc... Let me see what we can do..."
"How much was it and WHO was it with.. Some others can be a little less, reputable, shall we say. "

"Oh, indeed.. it's for £X hundred less, same details .
...........And it's your company..."

".... Silence.. For a minute or two.. Then they faff About ... to make it seem like they are actually working it out and not just looking at the online calculator..:rolleyes:...
Oh, yes..I see we CAN match that.. Would you like me to take payment now, sir.."

Loyalty, only seems to work from US to THEM, sadly. :writer:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
QUOTE="Debandez, post: 2167859, member: 460354"]Winner winner turkey dinner

@jjraak just for you ;-)

[/QUOTE]

Bah humbug
Sentimental pap....;)

Like the marks one though.
Says it like it is.. Buy something new.. Feel good*....

*Copyright of [email protected]

:wacky:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Sounds like the perfect way to see out your cold. An Asian friend of mine at work used to swear by ginger tea - just slices of fresh ginger in hot water.
Ayurvedic medicine for coughs and colds (interestingly my GP follows Ayurvedic principles on staying healthy):

Colds in general: increase amount of black pepper in food. Sip ginger tea made from fresh ginger and ground black pepper.
Sore throats: gargle with warm salty water
Coughs: place a clove in the side of your mouth between gum and cheek - the dripping juices will sooth away the cough (takes a bit of getting used to for some)
General anti-inflammatory: make tumeric tea - you need tumeric root for this (I buy mine in bulk on line and keep in the freezer): a couple of tumeric tubers chopped finely, a finger or two of fresh ginger chopped up and a few (8-10) black pepper corns crushed. Add to half a litre of boiling water and simmer slowly for about an hour. Cool and then strain into a container and keep in fridge. I have half a glass warmed up every morning. Seems to help with my arthritis.

Footnote: I still get antibiotics from her if my dodgy asthma plays up during the winter months lol

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Looks great Dunelm. I’m not a fan of the tomato paste on pizza so I always put sour cream on instead. I made similar to your meal last night, but using Fat Head dough.
Good luck with the curry - and pregnant daughter, it worked for me!
Yes, this is topped with a mixture of creme fraise and cream cheese. I have just been writing it up on my CMT, link here if you wish to see it: https://www.copymethat.com/r/nKDudJR/rick-stein-tart-flambee/

Reactions: DJC3

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I seen to have hit a sweet spot, FBG Wise.
5.7 yesterday

5.7 Today....nice.
off to the food market locally today, is the plan.
once i've finished off painting the kitchen.

So what do we think then? I cried...

am i being TOO cynical in wondering IF the Greta look alike was..... JUST coincidence....?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Can't say i'm surprised, when the Christmas message that has now totally missed the point of Christmas, now it is just big business,... but hey ho ho ho ho..as they say.:D

and while i'm on one...:bag:

Climate changers crusaders..DiCaprio...mmhh.

does seem that a fairer distribution of wealth, housing etc, would be a good move to make life more sustainable for many.
i mean fewer using up MORE of the resources must be good for climate change and/or control..yes?

after all all those 2nd houses left unoccupied most of the year, can't be good for the environment OR society in general, if we all look to the SO many homeless in the streets of every big (and not so big ) city i would say.
Why would anyone need more rooms then really warrants their own families personal needs.

But i doubt those 'With' will ever want that part of the Equations.
less IS more..as long it's not THEM doing it, heh...:)

Just like the flying and the lifestyle, ok for US to curb our ambitions and lifestyle, but not the oh so lovely and important Celebs and Politicos....:rolleyes:

Right... off to start a Gofundme page for MY xmas extravaganza., ;)

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I seen to have hit a sweet spot, FBG Wise.
5.7 yesterday

5.7 Today....nice.
off to the food market locally today, is the plan.
once i've finished off painting the kitchen.

am i being TOO cynical in wondering IF the Greta look alike was..... JUST coincidence....?

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Can't say i'm surprised, when the Christmas message that has now totally missed the point of Christmas, now it is just big business,... but hey ho ho ho ho..as they say.:D

and while i'm on one...:bag:

Climate changers crusaders..Dicarpio...mmhh.

does seem that a fairer distribution of wealth, housing etc, would be a good move to make life more sustainable for many.
i mean fewer using up MORE of the resources must be good for climate change and/or control..yes?

after all all those 2nd houses left unoccupied most of the year, can't be good for the environment OR society in general, if we all look to the SO many homeless in the streets of every big (and not so big ) city i would say.

But i doubt those 'With' will ever want that part of the Equations.
less IS more..as long it's not THEM doing it, heh...:)

Just like the flying and the lifestyle, ok for US to curb our ambitions and lifestyle, but not the oh so lovely and important Celebs and Politicos....:rolleyes:

Right... off to start a Gofundme page for MY xmas extravaganza., ;)
Great reading @jjraak - if only we can remember what we did yesterday and then try and replicate it - but then where’s the fun and adventure in that.
I know what you mean about the rich and famous darlings and our super helpful glitterati- they will all be grabbing the limelight very soon, getting themselves seen on the beeb in order to encourage us to donate to something or other - am I just being synical?

Reactions: HarryBeau

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great reading @jjraak - if only we can remember what we did yesterday and then try and replicate it - but then where’s the fun and adventure in that.
I know what you mean about the rich and famous darlings and our super helpful glitterati- they will all be grabbing the limelight very soon, getting themselves seen on the beeb in order to encourage us to donate to something or other - am I just being synical?

cheers.
yep, i really WANT to go back and look, BUT i know if i peak behind the curtains, just like Christmas once the rose coloured glasses drop off, the MAGIC will be gone...FOREVER...:arghh:

and OH MY..the thought of that lack of Wonder & Excitement on our little faces , as we each stare at our meters, KNOWING the truth, doesn't even bear thinking about..

So on wards we go...our mysterious journey, continuing unabated.:D

i think it's always a good Go-To stance whenever ANY Politico or CELEB supports ANY position...
(hahahaha..isn't almost every one a Celeb of some sort these days..:hilarious: can't be many of us ordinary folks left, now surely ;))
to question, question, question their motives in every single thing they do.

So too cynical..no such thing..in Uk2019

and just to lighten the mood, here's a fav song from a fav musical..

Bertrice, Rick..ready..Hit it

Last edited:
Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
hug from afar for the cold, have a cosy day by the fire
I am PM back from the chemist on the way home I popped into the Country Store bought the instant fire starter logs and heat bricks...the fire is on in a day or so I will get some coal kindling & wood but not in the mood to faff about with fire lighting today...some food on the go a slow cooked lamb shank I did yesterday I need some comfort food...Vics vapour rub ready...Beechams' all in one taken...Fishermans Friends ready likely they all will play havoc with my BG's but must get rid of this ASAP.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I rarely contribute to the 'big charity campaigns' jjraak my contributions to my regular charities are small monthly payments which can have Gift Aid added...at Christmas I do reserve a room with Crisis & the Salvation Army...homelessness & hunger are a major factor in mental health & crime. in this country..if I have had a bad day or someone has behaved aggressively towards me that safety net of coming home & closing my door is so comforting...I watched the Sainsburys ad it was too near the mark for me...hungry children poorly dressed...we have that now children going to school hungry...without the proper clothing for winter...parents be they single parent or couples without heating gas/electricity...as for the deserving poor no one deserves to be poor certainly not children...many working people are one wage packet away from losing their homes...their children ...there is such inequity in our society that's what we need to address.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
QUOTE="Debandez, post: 2167859, member: 460354"]Winner winner turkey dinner

@jjraak just for you ;-)

Bah humbug
Sentimental pap....;)

Like the marks one though.
Says it like it is.. Buy something new.. Feel good*....

*Copyright of [email protected]

:wacky:[/QUOTE]
Gave you a hug cus even Mr Scrooge gets one in the end. I hear Christmas is HUGE in Vietnam :joyful:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I felt like a Rolling Stone AND a Beatle this morning, urging uncooperative fingers to Just LET IT BLEED while they grumbled back Oh just LET IT BE. I had to stab 4 of them before one would begrudge me a 7.8; more grumbling and resistance followed when, dissatisfied with that score, I persisted until I got a 7.3. Then they knew I HAD to Let It Be as I was running low on ammo.

@jjraak re Christmas -- I saw a pathetic TV commercial last night, a child being showered with presents by relatives all crying "Happy Holidays!" It's practically against the law here now to say "Merry Christmas!" Hopefully the First Lady will continue to decorate the White House with CHRISTMAS trees, as she has done before.
t79001.gif

Oh, well, too early to even think about that yet. Celebrating today in its own right.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak re Christmas -- I saw a pathetic TV commercial last night, a child being showered with presents by relatives all crying "Happy Holidays!" It's practically against the law here now to say "Merry Christmas!" Hopefully the First Lady will continue to decorate the White House with CHRISTMAS trees, as she has done before.
t79001.gif

Good for the first lady..

PC gone mad, smacks a bit of the old soviet union, suppose when all the Main religious holidays are JUST Happy Holidays,
then everyone will be Happy...:rolleyes:

Reactions: dunelm and SaskiaKC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I rarely contribute to the 'big charity campaigns' jjraak my contributions to my regular charities are small monthly payments which can have Gift Aid added...at Christmas I do reserve a room with Crisis & the Salvation Army...homelessness & hunger are a major factor in mental health & crime. in this country..if I have had a bad day or someone has behaved aggressively towards me that safety net of coming home & closing my door is so comforting...I watched the Sainsburys ad it was too near the mark for me...hungry children poorly dressed...we have that now children going to school hungry...without the proper clothing for winter...parents be they single parent or couples without heating gas/electricity...as for the deserving poor no one deserves to be poor certainly not children...many working people are one wage packet away from losing their homes...their children ...there is such inequity in our society that's what we need to address.

Hear, hear!

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good for the first lady..

PC gone mad, smacks a bit of the old soviet union, suppose when all the Main religious holidays are JUST Happy Holidays,
then everyone will be Happy...:rolleyes:

Or utterly unaware ...
It's been at least half a century since public schools had Easter Holidays; I remember when it became Spring Break; more recently (but not all that recently) Christmas holidays became Winter Holidays. And one of the saddest parts of that was hearing a child refer to it that way, evidently not having a clue how horrible that sounded on a child's lips. If the little ones are brainwashed by smiling teachers and holiday ads, and the churches content themselves with celebrating Christmas behind closed doors instead of out in the towns ...