What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
wonderful to hear your back to close to well, have a safe journey.
Home from London around 3:10pm had a good drive there & back...still fairly congested & achy but getting better...fire on...a steaming mug of Lemsip Max ready...no breakfast so was starving when I got home...eaten about to put my feet up & watch some rubbish TV...thanks

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The camera must be a real added bonus for you @gennepher , especially after all the issues you had with your iPhone and the cochlear implant. I’m really pleased your new phone is such a winner.

Yes @DJC3 this new phone is an added bonus with the amazing camera (and some other bonuses). Looks like Apple did me a favour with their messed up update.
This Android behaves itself with my cochlear implant!!!

Reactions: DJC3 and HarryBeau

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher ..love that pic.
one of my highlights each trip IS just lazing in a chair late at night on the beach
doing nothing more then lgazing up at an un light polluted sky and being in awe at just how small and insignificant most of our troubles are, when you look up at the Majesty of the Heavens.

Thank you :)

I just wish the neighbours security lights either side of me would fail, at least when I want to star gaze!

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Grandsons new puppy
FB_IMG_1574095171626.jpg

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I come back in here and theres loadz of news...
@Debandez couldnt be happier for you...so deserved.
@jjraak that was a brilliant Academy speech...peanut butter gin eh...you know me too well...I’m sure its yet to be born!
@DJC3 such a great fbg for you today, send me some of your stardust, please.
@HarryBeau glad you got through the day and are now tucked up with your hot toddy...Lemsip.
@dunelm hope the little one is here and mum and babe doing good.
@karen8967 what a cute doggie fab colours...going to be so loved by you all.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Best wishes to your daughter and the little one, and to your MIL. Her place sounds a lot like mine, except we don't have medical -- mine is independent living for people 62 and over. I hope that she will like it -- I wish she could post on this board so we could "talk" about our experiences. :)
Well MIL is now in her new appartment for her trial run. I fear that the impending little chap will be taking it’s time.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist I just watched an Amsterdam recorder quartet on TV play a hymn with Diane Bish on organ, at the Grotekirk in Leyden. They are playing some of my favorite Thanksgiving hymns today. The man playing the bass recorder is playing without a bocal; the alto recorder looks just like mine, which is an Aulos. Lovely music.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you :)

I just wish the neighbours security lights either side of me would fail, at least when I want to star gaze!

I used to live in a neighborhood that had no streetlights because none of the residents wanted the light pollution. I used to love to go out at night and lie on my quilt in the driveway and stargaze (I was younger then, it wasn't quite so hard to get back up again!). Then a new family moved in across the street and put up a VERY bright light on their front porch and left it on all night. Not that anyone ever used their front walk, which was a long way from their driveway and down a very steep hill. I never could see the point of moving into a neighborhood that did not have streetlights and then putting up a glaringly bright porch light. It's like people who move out into a farming community and then complain that there are cows! :(

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Ha cant argue with that! How is the KC today..is the fur growing back?

Than you for asking. :) I can't tell if it's growing back yet but it doesn't look as raw as it did on Saturday and as far as I can tell she isn't licking it. I put some Vaseline on it on Saturday, partly to help heal, partly because I know she doesn't like the taste of Vaseline.

ETA: I would have thought the hair would have started to grow back by now if she really is not licking the scrape; but I can't even see signs of a five o'clock shadow!

Last edited:
Reactions: DJC3