What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.9 and awake early. Always edgy before I travel, hate airports. Early tomo off to Dublin to see No 1 son. My friend who lost her dog a few days ago coming with me. She probably wont be in great form but her godson will do his best for her. @jjraak hope all is steady at the hospital still and a breakthrough will come. Funny about Marley my two dont do that but if I sit on the sofa they are there one each side of me nudging me to pull down the rug! @True Blue intrigued what your BF treasure is and hope you get it (otherwise we’ll never know).
Might close my eyes a while, too dark and early.
Hope Wednesday is good to everyone. Stay well, stay safe.

Sounds like a wonderful weekend in the making. Hopefully your friend being with you will help with the airport, I don't so much hate airports as I hate airplanes! But the truth is that PenguinMums can fly high and happily, so I wish you both "Bon Voyage!"

flag-of-england.gif

103506399-flying-penguin-vector.jpg

flag-of-ireland.gif

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Not sure if I can process everything posted this morning. So far my mind has needed to deal with Erica Jong allusions. Atkins diet, Leonard Cohen, whisky stills in IPs, image which appears to be a Nottingham cowboy and @Muddy Cyclist has a post for me to read. FBg was 5.5, all very meh. Weigh in day today - back to within .4 of a pound from before holiday (and under 12 stones) and resting pulse 57. I am never going to do LC properly for good bg control but it seems as though I can deal with other markers reasonably well. Have a great day even if, like me, you need a ridiculous number of layers, neck gaiters, gloves, hats and hot drinks even though the weather gals say it is mild. I need to think hard on Psalm 11 v 10.
Edit to add - wardrobes and Frozen ii to the eclectic mix above. Not sure I have the bandwidth for all this.

Umm ... v 10? :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Great choice young lady. We don't seem to have harvest festival anymore even in rural communities like this one but no doubt some people's mileage may vary. Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving.

Thank you, young sir. :)
Have you read any of Miss Read's Thrush Green or Fairacre novels? Lovely descriptions of traditional harvest festival preparations in most of them, featuring the contributions of the children at the village schools.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Umm ... v 10? :)
OOOPS Psalm 111:arghh: Haven't read those novels - Pre Uni English, A Level, (your Senior and Freshman years?) put me off most fiction (except Thomas Hardy - who could have guessed I would enjoy Hardy:angelic: ) but I do remember Harvest festival at a Fenland Church including the village/town bakers making a special loaf in the shape of a large wheatsheaf and a Harvest supper.

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OOOPS Psalm 111:arghh: Haven't read those novels - Pre Uni English, A Level, (your Senior and Freshman years?) put me off most fiction (except Thomas Hardy - who could have guessed I would enjoy Hardy:angelic: ) but I do remember Harvest festival at a Fenland Church including the village/town bakers making a special loaf in the shape of a large wheatsheaf and a Harvest supper.

Junior and Senior high school years, I think, or maybe, as you say, high school senior year and college freshman. University freshman English tried to put me off literature altogether* because of a horrid instructor and choice of "classic" fiction (except for introducing me to Lewis's space trilogy by starting with the third one). I discovered Miss Read at my first library job.

*Not even a series of krap instructors and profs could do that!

Off now to check out Psalm 111. :)

ETA: I see I got around the **** there! :D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to consult the world of partial brains to find out what ROFL was; not Rufous Owl Found Languishing after all then. Still, Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow. Must call my sisters in Arkansas and Washington State as well as a few Army Vets scattered across the states.

A couple of other people out here on the patio just looked over to see why I was laughing out loud.
I can't imagine what they'd think if I said "Rufous Owl"! :D

Reactions: DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
We don't seem to have harvest festival anymore even in rural communities like this one but no doubt some people's mileage may vary. Hope you enjoy Thanksgiving.
One of the quires (spelt thus as it also feature musical instruments) performed at four harvest festival suppers, usually on the Saturday night and one harvest festival service this year. At each of these the church was decorated with fresh and packaged produce, including bails of hay and sheaves of wheat much as I remember from my Methodist upbringing in my younger days, the tradition seems still very much alive in the rural areas of the midlands.

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Lol brilliant! A minute would be a very long lived toy in Dennis’ tender care!
We scoured pet shops trying to find non squeaking pet toys for our Labrador, we could not find one, he loves his toys but luckily never destroys them. However he's got two squeaky soft toys, one he pinched off the retail area at our VETS, they were hung up by where Pets are weighted, so we had to buy it, the other he pinched from the Kennels he stays in on occasions. For our sanity we have trained him not to squeak either, all we have to do now is train our granddaughters not to squeak them when they visit and that's a lot harder.

Reactions: ianpspurs and DJC3

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
except Thomas Hardy - who could have guessed I would enjoy Hardy:angelic: )
I enjoy Thomas Hardy's poetry and the imagery in his novels. For years I have performed in Mummers Plays which Hardy depicts in The Return of the Native. We take them around village pubs and of course in good tradition we are disguised but I can tell you, I play the part of Slasher the Turkish Knight.