What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I got the all clear again today! Scan showed no sign of metastasis so I have another 6 months of waking up happy every day and grateful to be alive. Can’t tell you how that feels but thank you so much for all the support and good luck messages you smashing people have given me. Off to do a bit of celebrating now ( glass of red and some cheese rock n roll!)
Excellent, such a load off. Enjoy the feeling.

Reactions: DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know it's your day but some things can't be tolerated - not the stool chart obviously. I would like one for my new kitchen wall. Cupcakes, Sc-fi, 5 guys, strictly, brisket, winter, days without sport are just a few things that prove you wrong. You get a free pass today but don't get sloppy (7?):angelic:
Edit: Just bought a fridge magnet chart from ebay. Julie doesn't appear to be as happy as I am. Now I see Amazon I have 1 mug and 1 travel mug https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=bristo...914575&tag=googhydr-21&ref=pd_sl_4sfa7p8s4x_e :):):):)

I’m too happy to disagree with you today ( but I do on all counts anyway) I wish I’d seen those mugs while I was still at work - I’d have bought a ‘job’ lot for the staff tea room.

Reactions: ianpspurs

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well I got the all clear again today! Scan showed no sign of metastasis so I have another 6 months of waking up happy every day and grateful to be alive. Can’t tell you how that feels but thank you so much for all the support and good luck messages you smashing people have given me. Off to do a bit of celebrating now ( glass of red and some cheese rock n roll!)
Great news, enjoy that red wine and the Rock n Roll, hope you packed your Polka Dot Skirt and Mr DJC3's Blue Sued Shoes.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I’m too happy to disagree with you today ( but I do on all counts anyway) I wish I’d seen those mugs while I was still at work - I’d have bought a ‘job’ lot for the staff tea room.
Fantastic news on the results. I'll put the disagreement down to elation at results. Never mind the mugs, tee shirts, hoodies, sweatshirts and shower curtains on offer. Oh, congratulations on results.

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Brilliant news! Couldnt be happier for you. Enjoy every minute now with Mr DJC and when you get back to your girls and Dennis. Xx

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @Muddy Cyclist @ianpspurs and @PenguinMum

PS I posted on the food thread That I asked the doc what she thought of a keto diet for cancer prevention, she was absolutely convinced of its efficacy - she had reviewed the evidence herself and now follows a keto diet too. She was also very impressed when I told her about my diabetes results. An excellent day all round!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fabulous news DJC

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Yay! That is great news! Rock n roll!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
OK! OK! To get back on the subject I'm reminded of an acrylic painting I did outside on canvas in mid France of a dolmen in heat of 38 degrees, @gennepher will appreciate just how difficult that was with acrylic.
My cousin said the finished work reminded him of a giant stool. I thought he meant sitting on Type but now I understand.

Here it is......

View attachment 37725

That would be pretty near impossible with acrylics in that heat @Muddy Cyclist

An unkind description by your cousin!

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Brilliant @DJC3