What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
A 6.7 greeted me before the expedition to the hospital, currently sat stewing before I go to theatre at 1.30pm. Nerves? What are those! I'm still hoping for a cancellation so I can go home!! Thank you for the well wishes.
All the best, and hope it all goes well for you.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Mine are Dunlop wellies, the cheapest but most durable I’ve found. I get them from a nearby farm supplies shop. Good luck with the search.
I used to have some with bees on and I loved them but they sprung a leak after a couple of months.

Thank you! :) I was going to ask you if you would please post what kind of wellies you have. Farm supplies shops have great stuff, I used to spend lots of time in them with my friend the barn manager/riding instructor shopping for feed and boots and brushes and trying saddles and new brands of cat food. :)

I loved riding all over the countryside with her in her barn truck to feed&seed stores in little towns, and to buy hay, and once to a convent to pick up a horse the sisters had taken in and been feeding.
Some of the reasons why I want to get back to a little town out in the country.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am sorry about Duke.Was it the yellow Lab pic? That dog reminded me of my dear nephdog Sandy of nearly 40 years ago. Not many nights ago I dreamed I was riding a horse I knew even longer ago, named Duke. Hmm ...

I have seen Joules wellies online. Very nice looking.
Do you have a boot jack?
Thanks for the concern about Duke - yes he was a yellow lab. No,we don't have a boot jack but I can't walk in most wellies anyhow - 1 of many types of shoes my stenosis makes a problem. Harp and lyre theme this morning was good.

Last edited:
Reactions: trick60

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just received my monthly news letter from my alma mater with a wonderful shot taken from Prebends Bridge (where Mr Turner once stood to do his daubing), so thought that I would share it.

upload_2020-1-17_17-20-2.jpeg

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
morning of weather similar to what my phone says London is experiencing this afternoon,
Our weather turned wonderful and so we popped out with Granddaughter to enjoy the sun, not Italy but the Italian Gardens at Trentham Stoke on Trent, a Capability Brown landscape with some wonderful architecture and formal gardens, fountains and lake.
https://www.trentham.co.uk/

Picture taken today...... I had used to go here when a lad on Sundays School Trips in A charabanc

IMG_2484.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Our weather turned wonderful and so we popped out with Granddaughter to enjoy the sun, not Italy but the Italian Gardens at Trentham Stoke on Trent, a Capability Brown landscape with some wonderful architecture and formal gardens, fountains and lake.
https://www.trentham.co.uk/

Picture taken today...... I had used to go here when a lad on Sundays School Trips in A charabanc

View attachment 37890

What a lovely view! I can just see a bunch of Sunday School kids running around and enjoying the (hopefully) sunshine (hopefully not having to keep Sunday Best clothes clean). I remember what grass can do to patent leather shoes and white anklet socks -- lucky boys didn't have to wear patent leather or white socks or dresses! :D

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Please forgive me for this link but your post , epic battles and the mysteries of BG control for myself and so many members do remind me of this song. @DJC3, surely it is faaaarm shop? (Please fix it drectly)

Sorry guys

I had to google the words for that link. I had no idea of the words of the song!
Here are the words! You lot probably don’t need them like I do!

“The sun comes up and the sun goes down
The hands on the clock keep a-goin' 'round
I just get up and it's time to lay down
Life gets tee-jus, don't it, hmm

My shoes untied but I don't care
I ain't a-figurin' on goin' nowhere
For I'd have to wash and comb my hair
And that's just wasted effort

The water in the well just gettin' lower and lower
Can't take a bath at six months more
But I've heared it said and it's true, I'm sure
That to much bathin' will, will weaken you

I opened the door an' the fly's swarm in
Closed the door and I'm sweatin' again
And in the pros... (a huchh) crack my shin
Just one darn thing after another

Old brown mule he must be sick
I jambed him in the rump with a pin on a stick
He humped his back but he wouldn't kick
Now there's something ****-eyed somewhere

A mouse a-chewin' on the pantry door
He's been at it fer a month or more
When he gets through he'd sure be sore
'Cause there ain't a darned thing in there”

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had to google the words for that link. I had no idea of the words of the song!
Here are the words! You lot probably don’t need them like I do!

“The sun comes up and the sun goes down
The hands on the clock keep a-goin' 'round
I just get up and it's time to lay down
Life gets tee-jus, don't it, hmm

My shoes untied but I don't care
I ain't a-figurin' on goin' nowhere
For I'd have to wash and comb my hair
And that's just wasted effort

The water in the well just gettin' lower and lower
Can't take a bath at six months more
But I've heared it said and it's true, I'm sure
That to much bathin' will, will weaken you

I opened the door an' the fly's swarm in
Closed the door and I'm sweatin' again
And in the pros... (a huchh) crack my shin
Just one darn thing after another

Old brown mule he must be sick
I jambed him in the rump with a pin on a stick
He humped his back but he wouldn't kick
Now there's something ****-eyed somewhere

A mouse a-chewin' on the pantry door
He's been at it fer a month or more
When he gets through he'd sure be sore
'Cause there ain't a darned thing in there”
@gennepher my apologies for being so crass as not to at least link to the lyrics.

Reactions: trick60

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A 6.7 greeted me before the expedition to the hospital, currently sat stewing before I go to theatre at 1.30pm. Nerves? What are those! I'm still hoping for a cancellation so I can go home!! Thank you for the well wishes.
Hope all is good and everything went well x

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
What a lovely view! I can just see a bunch of Sunday School kids running around and enjoying the (hopefully) sunshine (hopefully not having to keep Sunday Best clothes clean). I remember what grass can do to patent leather shoes and white anklet socks -- lucky boys didn't have to wear patent leather or white socks or dresses! :D
Back in the mid 1950s I had two pairs of grey shorts and one pair of light summer ones, a pair of sandles, wellies and a pair of black shoes, 2 shirts, 2 T shirts lots of jumpers because mom knitted, a coat, cap and that was about it, ho, and vests, socks and pants but not many. As washing Day was only Mondays I reckon I was grubby most of the time especially as I only had a bath once a week.very different from today, kids have lots of clothes and so do I, I love clothes.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Please forgive me for this link but your post , epic battles and the mysteries of BG control for myself and so many members do remind me of this song. @DJC3, surely it is faaaarm shop? (Please fix it drectly)

Sorry guys
Never mind Sorry- I loved it and laughed several times

Reactions: jjraak

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you! :) I was going to ask you if you would please post what kind of wellies you have. Farm supplies shops have great stuff, I used to spend lots of time in them with my friend the barn manager/riding instructor shopping for feed and boots and brushes and trying saddles and new brands of cat food. :)

I loved riding all over the countryside with her in her barn truck to feed&seed stores in little towns, and to buy hay, and once to a convent to pick up a horse the sisters had taken in and been feeding.
Some of the reasons why I want to get back to a little town out in the country.

Sounds idyllic, Im not surprised you are hankering after the lifestyle again.

Reactions: HarryBeau

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs it’s very odd, I only got a notification that @gennepher had mentioned me (my name was in your post that she quoted.)
I didn’t get a notification that you’d mentioned me.
Re faaaarm yes you are probably right, I mark myself as a newcomer every time I mention a place name round these parts though. I’m sure the pronunciation is specifically designed to make a fool of non locals! Mr C thinks he is a local now ( even though he still has a Yorkshire accent) because he refers to his ‘crib’ which means packed lunch. In Yorkshire they called it ‘snap’

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@ianpspurs Mr C thinks he is a local now ( even though he still has a Yorkshire accent) because he refers to his ‘crib’ which means packed lunch. In Yorkshire they called it ‘snap’
It is dockey in Cambs and lots of East Anglia because workers were docked pay for the time they spent eating instead of working.