What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Good evening all. @johnpol-hope all went well for you today. Have been out most of the day so no time to post earlier. Greeted by fbs of 9.1 this morning and had been feeling decidedly under the weather so finally gave in and made an early appointment with a Practice nurse. After a few checks she pronounced that I had a mouth infection as well as fighting a general virus which were probably responsible for my raised levels. So armed with an antiseptic mouthwash and advice to rest and drink plenty, I was sent for a range of blood tests and told to see a doctor on Monday if no improvement. As my HbA1c test was almost due she included that on my test form. Straight after ' bloodtests we went for a healthy lunch then to visit mum. We ended up staying all afternoon helping the activities lady prepare the craft activities. So, a busy, tiring but productive day. Methinks an early night and a restful weekend are in order. Have a good week-end folks.:)

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good evening all. @johnpol-hope all went well for you today. Have been out most of the day so no time to post earlier. Greeted by fbs of 9.1 this morning and had been feeling decidedly under the weather so finally gave in and made an early appointment with a Practice nurse. After a few checks she pronounced that I had a mouth infection as well as fighting a general virus which were probably responsible for my raised levels. So armed with an antiseptic mouthwash I was sent for a range of blood tests and told to see a doctor on Monday if no improvement. As my HbA1c test was almost due she included that on my test form. Straight after ' bloodtests we went for a healthy lunch then to visit mum. We ended up staying all afternoon helping the activities lady prepare the craft activities. So, a busy, tiring but productive day. Methinks an early night and a restful weekend are in order. Have a good week-end folks.:)
Hope you have that restful weekend and Monday goes well. Please be kind to yourself.

Reactions: Muddy Cyclist

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had to google the words for that link. I had no idea of the words of the song!
Here are the words! You lot probably don’t need them like I do!

“The sun comes up and the sun goes down
The hands on the clock keep a-goin' 'round
I just get up and it's time to lay down
Life gets tee-jus, don't it, hmm

My shoes untied but I don't care
I ain't a-figurin' on goin' nowhere
For I'd have to wash and comb my hair
And that's just wasted effort

The water in the well just gettin' lower and lower
Can't take a bath at six months more
But I've heared it said and it's true, I'm sure
That to much bathin' will, will weaken you

I opened the door an' the fly's swarm in
Closed the door and I'm sweatin' again
And in the pros... (a huchh) crack my shin
Just one darn thing after another

Old brown mule he must be sick
I jambed him in the rump with a pin on a stick
He humped his back but he wouldn't kick
Now there's something ****-eyed somewhere

A mouse a-chewin' on the pantry door
He's been at it fer a month or more
When he gets through he'd sure be sore
'Cause there ain't a darned thing in there”

Thank you for posting the words. That is one Hank Williams song I never even heard about the whole time I lived in Nashville. ... :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
@gennepher winner for yet another good painting, know how long those pesky ferns can take. Hugs for so much going on, winner for your great attitude, don't vanish for long.

My quick effort sums up the feel of the heathland on Cannock Chase today, watercolour sketch, granddaughter watched with helpful comments like it needs more red :joyful:, I resisted.

View attachment 37876
Really like this picture

Reactions: jjraak

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I have been there and can only sympathise, have you considered a liquid enema?

I'm no bible scholar but didn't Balaam have problems with his ass not moving (Numbers 22-24), I believe he gave it a spanking ;)

I wish I could remember the name of the movie I went to see on my first date with one of my college boyfriends. It was a western, and in one scene the preacher was telling that story of Balaam. And all I remember is the line
"And Balaam SMOTE his ass!" repeated over and over ... brought the house down ...
What is it that the ass sees that the human eye cannot? :angelic:
s0208.gif

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher Hug for the exhausting experience, and for the tattooed lady! I hope I remember about it next time I try to do business with someone who is probably perfectly capable and qualified but whose English is so poor that they can't understand what I'm saying any more than I can understand them. Sigh.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Back in the mid 1950s I had two pairs of grey shorts and one pair of light summer ones, a pair of sandles, wellies and a pair of black shoes, 2 shirts, 2 T shirts lots of jumpers because mom knitted, a coat, cap and that was about it, ho, and vests, socks and pants but not many. As washing Day was only Mondays I reckon I was grubby most of the time especially as I only had a bath once a week.very different from today, kids have lots of clothes and so do I, I love clothes.

Back in the 1950s Mama did not knit but she did sew and made all our clothes (except for underwear).
Monday was wash day, Tuesday was ironing day. No dryer, and the clothesline was a long flight of steps down from the back door, steps with no railing. Looking back I don't know how she got up and down those with a full wicker basket of laundry -- especially wet sheets and towels.
I hated itchy Sunday petticoats in the summertime with no AC back then, in cars or houses; loved running around in shorts and T-shirts and bare feet, especially in the cool clover -- we learned at a very young age to be careful and not step on the bees! Much more painful than mosquito bites.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It is dockey in Cambs and lots of East Anglia because workers were docked pay for the time they spent eating instead of working.

Interesting about the origin of dockey. I wonder what the roots of crib and snap are? I’m going to have to try to find out.

Reactions: trick60
D

Deleted member 308541

Crib is a Cornish miners term for their food they took to work.

It was used at Mt Isa Mines where I worked after giving the meat industry up, we had our crib in the cribroom where we had a fridge and hot water and food heater.

In the early days of MIM there were Cornish miners working underground, so the name could have originated with them in Mt Isa.

This a much smarter crib room than the one we had, this is for visitors at Mt Isa.

10114912-3x2-large.jpg

Reactions: DJC3 and trick60

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.5

Blinking amazing!
I have gone back to eating my nuts when I wake up. I started again yesterday morning.
My blood sugars being stable is the most important thing to me.

My painting this morning, daily challenge to myself...
Not too keen on the yellow...I wanted it a wee bit more orangey. But I had spent an hour on it, even though this one looks relatively simple. And I have decided that I am going to try and stick to no longer than an hour on each painting. Because by the time you have got your brushes out, chosen the paints and squeezed them out, cleaned brushes etc at the end, tried to scrub paint off my hands...then that is an additional hour. I am not wearing rubber gloves like some artists do. I am a messy painter...I have paint on my jeans and on the rest of me...

View attachment 37835

Have a good day.
Hugs for everyone whether you want them or not!
Take care!
Absolutely brilliant!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Muddy Bike ride and still high BG when I only had a boiled egg for breakfast. 6.1 so no carbs for lunch and see what tea time brings.

I am painting today but yet another attempt at the seascape which is getting monotonous, so I'm not going to post any more oceans until I complete the final finished picture. I will do a doodle whilst painting and post that later.

The word that I must not say out loud 'Alexa' was flashing at me today, I asked it why to be told my printer ink from It's creator is on the way, I didn't know it can do that, all this connectivity, not sure I like it.

Can be fun though.....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200118-015148_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20200118-015148_Chrome.jpg
    635.4 KB · Views: 81

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
"...kershh..kershh..Na...clikc..click...kershh..crackle..be adv..kershh..
...Nasa this is Lander ONE ..Do you copy..?..."

" Copy that lander ONE..coming in loud and clear..<whoops in the background>
we lost you for a bit on the descent....copy
"

"haha, sorry about that Huston,..but we are back in the Game, copy "

"Copy that, and we are all pure glad to hear it...Lander ONE what is you status, copy "

".ker.we have landed on the surface..kershhh.crackle..ander raak, has descended..kershhl"

"copy that Lander 1, switching to Commander raak..."

"Huston, i've just <huh> stepped on to the <huh> surface..kersh-h-h...McGarrett plains looks as
beautiful
..kershhh al life, as it does via the telescop..crackle..Millions of miles awa..kershh...air quality is at 5.7..
to paraphase a previous mis..kershh..it is one Giant Leap for Man, kershh,cracklee.."

"Copy that..Good to hear commander...the president sends HIS congratulations to you all.. copy".

"copy, huston..tell <huh> the president tha...kersh.. and give all our love to ever crackle back home..kershh..crackle"
Very funny

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Whoops where does time go? Got carried away playing guitar ready for jam session tomorrow and suddenly its after 2 o clock. Just wrapped our outside Bonsai trees up as it's feeling a tad Frosty out yonder. Now to bed with BG at 6 after a very low carb day.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good evening all. @johnpol-hope all went well for you today. Have been out most of the day so no time to post earlier. Greeted by fbs of 9.1 this morning and had been feeling decidedly under the weather so finally gave in and made an early appointment with a Practice nurse. After a few checks she pronounced that I had a mouth infection as well as fighting a general virus which were probably responsible for my raised levels. So armed with an antiseptic mouthwash and advice to rest and drink plenty, I was sent for a range of blood tests and told to see a doctor on Monday if no improvement. As my HbA1c test was almost due she included that on my test form. Straight after ' bloodtests we went for a healthy lunch then to visit mum. We ended up staying all afternoon helping the activities lady prepare the craft activities. So, a busy, tiring but productive day. Methinks an early night and a restful weekend are in order. Have a good week-end folks.:)

I hope by the time you read this you will have enjoyed a good night's sleep and are enjoying a restful weekend (despite having to drink plenty -- how can they expect us to get any rest when we're constantly getting up to get a drink and then to get rid of it?) :)