What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
giphy.gif

Thank you kind sir. I would feel much happier were this the consistent signal but a work in progress.

Agree,,,,,Yes, it can be a little difficult understanding the signs for this affliction...

BTW...We're not the only 'Cult' to have issues reading the Signs Correctly.....;):D

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Agree,,,,,Yes, it can be a little difficult understanding the signs for this affliction...

BTW...We're not the only 'Cult' to have issues reading the Signs Correctly.....;):D

Not a fan of that film either. I did admire the spirit of my SIL choosing always look on the bright side of life for the music as her coffin left the church.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
be sad to lose the Magic of that Kitten Curiosity too soon..:happy:
We do have a routine now for the evenings...upstairs to their room with snacks then light off & its sleepy time...so of course in the morning they are off at full pace...they are gorgeous I love watching them...I'm thinking of trying their snacks before bed it may do the trick but I have to check the carb content first;)

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As Terry Pratchett, films and the wonderful Life of Brian, have been touched upon today, is anyone watching or watched Good Omen, almost as good as the book IMO.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks @dunelm
Had a read of her subtitles.
I wear 100% cotton anyway, I cannot wear artificial fibres at all.
I will have research those words better...'Tribal electric shock'.
I didn't get very far when I researched electric shocks to self some years ago.
It’s really called the triboelectric effect but you may get more hits on the google bot with tribal electric shock

Reactions: UserABC2021

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As Terry Pratchett, films and the wonderful Life of Brian, have been touched upon today, is anyone watching or watched Good Omen, almost as good as the book IMO.

The attention span of a gnat now, but i did start watching, then slowly slipped away from it..:rolleyes:
(did love to watch a good movies or tv series..BUT so much Tv is just cheap trashy 'Reality' TV or just dirge )

did watch Billionaire..Liked for 1 season..then stopped watching, same with westworld..:writer:

am now tryinmg to watch the Messiah netflix a modern day take on what MIGHT be jesus as he begins to spread the word ..

pretty good so far..on episode 4...so doing really well..:)

*disclaimer...might be the only one ever, but didn't like Pratchett's books..soz.:bag:
missus does though :spam:

Reactions: trick60

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It’s really called the triboelectric effect but you may get more hits on the google bot with tribal electric shock
Back in the 1980s and the early days of the computer boom we discovered that ladies working in offices who wore Posh Underwear used to crash computers with the static. I remember having to speak to all of one companies female office staff about underwear, I bet that would not be allowed in this new age of PC. :joyful:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
The attention span of a gnat now, but i did start watching, then slowly slipped away from it..:rolleyes:
(did love to watch a good movies or tv series..BUT so much Tv is just cheap trashy 'Reality' TV or just dirge )

did watch Billionaire..Liked for 1 season..then stopped watching, same with westworld..:writer:

am now tryinmg to watch the Messiah netflix a modern day take on what MIGHT be jesus as he begins to spread the word ..

pretty good so far..on episode 4...so doing really well..:)

*disclaimer...might be the only one ever, but didn't like Pratchett's books..soz.:bag:
missus does though :spam:
The wonderful thing about the human race is we all like different things and so it should be.
I do agree with you about TV very little of quality to be seen. I watched Good Omen on Amazon also use Netflix. I HATE all these dragged out reality TV progs, once is enough, Come Dancing, Great British Bake Off, The Voice, Landscape Artist if the year, Portrait Artist of the year, and so on and so on, cheap TV IMO. However Mrs MC loves them and we only have one TV, good job we have other rooms of comfort in our home which I can escape to.

Reactions: dunelm and SaskiaKC

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The wonderful thing about the human race is we all like different things and so it should be.
I do agree with you about TV very little of quality to be seen. I watched Good Omen on Amazon also use Netflix. I HATE all these dragged out reality TV progs, once is enough, Come Dancing, Great British Bake Off, The Voice, Landscape Artist if the year, Portrait Artist of the year, and so on and so on, cheap TV IMO. However Mrs MC loves them and we only have one TV, good job we have other rooms of comfort in our home which I can escape to.
A home gym with TV and multi room sports subscriptions are very useful in bg management (and such situations). MSM hail this as a Golden Age of TV - suspect we? are the wrong demographic. Lots of sport though:angelic:

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
First of the Jam evening musicians have just arrived, find your ear plugs everyone it's only going to get louder. :joyful::singing::headphone:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It arrives with and individual applicator. Simply swab the application site with the enclosed swabs and apply. This little video explains it better.

Thank you. :)
I might like to try one for a couple of weeks just to get an idea of my own roller-coaster's patterns. But it would have to compete for arm space with my Clonidine blood pressure patch, which I relocate from arm to arm every Thursday! :)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Sadly true..i Hate some the reality TV the missus watches, all i hear are screeching women..(sorry ladies) being spiteful and nasty to each other.
Barely find an episode where one or the other isn't in tears over what one of the others has said about them (unless it's mob wives or some of the more younger show and then it's full on hair pulling and fisty cuffs) ..all that shouting and angst, just sets my Hackles up..TV nowadays is a real bear pit and they call it entertainment....:rolleyes:

as for the ones you mentioned, much more genteel, but not for me...
as @ianpspurs says, we're not the demographic Tv really aims at.

Golden age of TV..hahahaha
just a wider choice of rubbish to watch.

Signed.
your grumpily
JJ

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
All the posts about static brought this poem to mind. First stanza here, and a link to the whole. It also seems to fit in with other "body" themes here today (although the Picoult-Taylor ones made me very sad as they seem to be more self-perpetuating than self-healing).

"I Sing the Body Electric" -- Walt Whitman

I sing the body electric,
The armies of those I love engirth me and I engirth them,
They will not let me off till I go with them, respond to them,
And discorrupt them, and charge them full with the charge of the soul.

Was it doubted that those who corrupt their own bodies conceal themselves?
And if those who defile the living are as bad as they who defile the dead?
And if the body does not do fully as much as the soul?
And if the body were not the soul, what is the soul?

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/45472/i-sing-the-body-electric

And these lines "To a Mouse":

I’m truly sorry Man’s dominion
Has broken Nature’s social union,
An’ justifies that ill opinion,
Which makes thee startle,
At me, thy poor, earth-born companion,
An’ fellow-mortal!

https://www.poetryfoundation.org/poems/43816/to-a-mouse-56d222ab36e33

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...a very late night again must stop watching those box sets...hadn't noticed the time so off to bed at 4am...up at 11am the day is almost done...managed a decent sleep will spring into action soon I hope maybe another coffee will do it...where to start this morning?...forgot to test as soon as I was up no point now been up half an hour...wish the kits would slow down a touch...they're on full speed after a hearty breakfast/brunch

Your last two lines could be the first two lines of a really good poem. :)
^. .^. .^

And, since I seem to be on a poetry roll this morning, some lines I remember from my childhood:

The bairnies cuddle doon at nicht
Wi muckle faught and din.
“Oh try an’ sleep, ye waukrife rogues,
Your faither’s comin’ in.”
They niver heed a word I speak,
I try tae gie a froon,
But aye I hap’ them up an’ cry
“Oh, bairnies, cuddle doon!”

--Alexander Anderson

https://www.scottishpoetrylibrary.org.uk/poem/cuddle-doon/

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@DJC3 I have problems touching lift buttons (I get a shock and I use my rubber tipped stick or crutches outside and inside the lift to touch the buttons...and get stares...), metal cages holding goods on supermarket shelves etc...and more things too. And I am not supposed to have shocks because of the cochlear implant (and the wires and magnet in my head), although I have a document which tells me the range I can accept before it damages my cochlear implant. But how the heck do I know what that is before I try and lift a tin off the supermarket shelf?

I was trying to lift a tin off a wire grid shelf when I got a very sharp shock. I wanted the blinking tin. I tried again. Another shock. So I went to look for an assistant, and explained. They did come and lift the item for me out of the wire grid shelf, and carried it to the counter for me (the item was only small) but they looked at me as though I was doolally and it was time for them to call the men in white coats on me.

Then I was still unable to lift it off the counter to carry it to the car (because the tin kept shocking me and the guy thought I was crazy each time I pulled my hand back as it gave me a shock) and so I had to ask the assistant to carry it to the car for me because it was still giving me shocks. The assistant ‘knew’ I was definitely ready for the funny farm. I got home, and the tin was fine for me to pick up and get it out of the car to my bungalow.

The way the assistant was looking at me frightened me badly. And I now order all my tins from Amazon now... I have no problem taking any tin out the the cardboard box it comes from Amazon, and I have no problems handling tins or any metal at home.

Some days I am worse than others with this, but I have given up going to the shops for anything that involves metal or tins that I have to directly touch.

I have been like this since I was a child...

It is easier to stay at home and not go out...

I checked "Agree" for your last line; Hug for your whole post.
I hate being laughed at because I have "invisible" characteristics that keep me from doing some things other people do without even thinking. I am sorry you got the weird looks, sorrier still that you got the shocks. I'm wondering what the flooring material was in the supermarket, and your shoe soles.

Reactions: HarryBeau and DJC3

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly true..i Hate some the reality TV the missus watches, all i hear are screeching women..(sorry ladies) being spiteful and nasty to each other.
Barely find an episode where one or the other isn't in tears over what one of the others has said about them (unless it's mob wives or some of the more younger show and then it's full on hair pulling and fisty cuffs) ..all that shouting and angst, just sets my Hackles up..TV nowadays is a real bear pit and they call it entertainment....:rolleyes:

as for the ones you mentioned, much more genteel, but not for me...
as @ianpspurs says, we're not the demographic Tv really aims at.

Golden age of TV..hahahaha
just a wider choice of rubbish to watch.

Signed.
your grumpily
JJ

No apology needed here.
I don't watch "reality" shows -- they don't portray any reality I know, thank goodness! :)

A sample of real reality TV