What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Really Saskia you could make a bed base out of lots of things...I have a friend who made one out of wooden pallets another who had a bed base made from old sturdy filing cabinets...lots of choices the most important thing is securing the best mattress...I would throw myself on that mattress anytime...it looks so inviting (as you say) like you yawning just looking at it!

Thank you. :) I have seen photos of pallet frames but have never heard of filing cabinets as bases before. I really like that idea!
And now you have got my brain storming ...
Cheers. :)

Reactions: geefull and dunelm

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does look very nice and comfy. I think the KC would like it!
I have had such a busy morning. We are forecast a storm later today and tomorrow and we often lose our power in storms because it is so wooded here. I made a sudden decision to buy another camping gas stove (despite the last one nearly burning down my kitchen last year) which was a 9 mile drive away. Its stowed in the garage with some cannisters of gas. Mr PM doesnt know yet maybe I won't mention it unless we need to use it ;). Then made two curries which could be heated up on a stove, made mackerel pate, ironed all his work shirts and am now sitting on the sofa with brilliant sunshine streaming in, completely opposite to what is forecast. I had intended to go out and get a digital photo to renew my passport but might leave it till Monday.
What are you and the KC up to today?

She is trying to find a place to sleep, frustrated because I refuse to sit still long enough ... I have been trying to video the snow to post here but the snow is interfering with Internet access ... and this website keeps saying FILE TOO LARGE whenever I try to upload the vid ... and it had an audio comment by the KittenCat too, which I don't think was "O how lovely!"
^. .^
She is happy now because I have settled on the sofa .... and the snow has stopped ... and it is lovely snuggling here with cat and coffee.

Good for you for getting the gas stove!!! I hope your electricity doesn't go out but at least you are well prepared! :) xx

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Cheers for the post
A most interesting read

Informative About the food regime timings
Quite surpassed OMAD wasn't top pick.
I do 2MAD... Usually breakfast/brunch and dinner. (6/7pm)
Might try the breakfast lunch now, though, for a week or so..

View attachment 38429
I am mainly doing the eat when I am hungry thing. Usually something very light for lunch and a not too big dinner in the evening. Am also trying to push those two events closer together in time.

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Muddy Cyclist I just want to say thanks again ... I've just been playing my guitar ... but Gee it made me feel old ... what they say is true, if we don't use it we lose it, and this is one gift I've been given I am NOT gonna lose ...
So I delved deep back in time and did City of New Orleans which I love, and Me and Bobby McGee which I learned frst by Janis Joplin and in more recent years by Kris Kristofferson ... reliving memories like a music video documentary as I played and sang ...
I hope your Little Red Rooster work is going well and giving you joy ...
:)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's snowing! :D
13873C6F-CE85-4B32-8C0E-8E632964F722.gif

35AE02B3-BEA4-4644-A363-B705A7A00052.gif

DCD5554C-C0EC-465C-988A-EE86996336C9.gif

95F2BB94-149D-4E46-ACCE-3AED348794B4.gif

Sorry, @SaskiaKC I fell asleep while I was doing this, been tired since I came in from shopping earlier!
You should get it this time!

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope it will look just as impressive on the floor of an apartment without all that staging surround ... :D
It would eventually get some sort of platform or frame to support it ... :)
We sleep on a memory foam mattress when we stay at my son and daughter in law's I toss and turn a lot whilst the mattress doesn't spring back the way a sprung mattress would, this means that I end up lying on lumps until the mattress sinks back around me. Just something to consider if you are a restless sleeper like me. My son and DIL love theirs though.

Reactions: ianpspurs

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
We sleep on a memory foam mattress when we stay at my son and daughter in law's I toss and turn a lot whilst the mattress doesn't spring back the way a sprung mattress would, this means that I end up lying on lumps until the mattress sinks back around me. Just something to consider if you are a restless sleeper like me. My son and DIL love theirs though.

Thank you for posting that. :) That is certainly something to consider. The lumps and reshaping are some of the reasons I hadn't been looking at foam mattresses before I saw the ad I posted.
I was looking at innerspring and hybrid mattresses ... and then I saw reviews about springs poking up through the foam/cotton/wool/whatever padding ....
It's crazy and confusing.
I haven't bought a mattress in years, and when I last bought one I just went down to the local old reliable department store branch, picked one out by size and price, and slept very well on it for a number of years. I didn't know what it was made of, and until the last couple of years I have never heard talk of what was inside mattresses or why or where it came from!
I don't want one that feels like this :banghead:
and I don't want one like this
t4125.gif

I just want one that doesn't offgas all day or creak all night!
Aaarrrgggghhh .... :arghh::dead::meh::cat::hilarious::D

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wrote this poem this morning, before the moon had set or the sun had risen.

Ranks of clouds
pass in review before the moon
-- and now pause --
and now move onward --
And only my cat and I are awake to observe
and all the beacons below
lined up on the horizon
like troops on parade
on watch
on guard.

Against what do they guard?
The dark of night?
The dark of fright?
The dark night of the soul?

And now -- in just the matter of minutes --
of seconds --
taken to write these lines
The clouds have covered the moon

And yet - and now
it shows its light again:
one brief glimpse of light
there
beyond the darkness,
the cover of the clouds

Take cover is a cry commanding troops. ...

God comes on clouds
and Jesus Christ will come in clouds of glory
never to be hid from us again
And that city then will need no lights
for Christ in all His glory will be its Light

And yet for now
we two observers
my cat and I
will watch this plane fly past
and I will go and make some tea.

And here the moonlight comes again
as bright as ever
shining through the clouds
brighter and bigger than before
reflecting its light off the clouds
and beaming through them
spreading all across the sky
Alleluia
Amen

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I wrote this poem this morning, before the moon had set or the sun had risen.

Ranks of clouds
pass in review before the moon
-- and now pause --
and now move onward --
And only my cat and I are awake to observe
and all the beacons below
lined up on the horizon
like troops on parade
on watch
on guard.

Against what do they guard?
The dark of night?
The dark of fright?
The dark night of the soul?

And now -- in just the matter of minutes --
of seconds --
taken to write these lines
The clouds have covered the moon

And yet - and now
it shows its light again:
one brief glimpse of light
there
beyond the darkness,
the cover of the clouds

Take cover is a cry commanding troops. ...

God comes on clouds
and Jesus Christ will come in clouds of glory
never to be hid from us again
And that city then will need no lights
for Christ in all His glory will be its Light

And yet for now
we two observers
my cat and I
will watch this plane fly past
and I will go and make some tea.

And here the moonlight comes again
as bright as ever
shining through the clouds
brighter and bigger than before
reflecting its light off the clouds
and beaming through them
spreading all across the sky
Alleluia
Amen

That poem is so beautiful @SaskiaKC

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Went walking in some Snow Drop Woods with Granddaughter and on return she asked me to show her how to paint them, she just looked on. A5 size, Watercolour, Snow drops were masked out with masking fluid before we started, dried with hair dryer for speed. 35 minutes to complete. Brushes used shown, two of them are masking fluid brushes. Now back from oldest granddaughters birthday party, fun and games and birthday cake! Yet 5.7 from old Dracula so fingers crossed for low Morning reading.

IMG_2569.JPG

IMG_2570.JPG

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went walking in some Snow Drop Woods with Granddaughter and on return she asked me to show her how to paint them, she just looked on. A5 size, Watercolour, Snow drops were masked out with masking fluid before we started, dried with hair dryer for speed. 35 minutes to complete. Brushes used shown, two of them are masking fluid brushes. Now back from oldest granddaughters birthday party, fun and games and birthday cake! Yet 5.7 from old Dracula so fingers crossed for low Morning reading.

View attachment 38434

View attachment 38435

That is beautiful. I like seeing the brushes you and @gennepher use and reading about your techniques.

Is this the same granddaughter who asked you to paint Squirrel Nutmeg's fence?

Reactions: HarryBeau

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@SaskiaKC really good to hear you are getting on that guitar again, some great numbers you are playing, do keep it up. I can get through Little Red Rooster, just about, bending the notes to get that blues sound, with the odd wrong note. Harmonicas are very confusing, Little Red Rooster is in the key of G so Blues Chords are G C and D but I have to use an harmonica in the key of C, this is a big learning curve and could get expensive as you need different harmonicas for music in different keys.

MRs Mc and myself are like @Ryhia and could not get on with a memory foam mattress. We went for pocket sprung both of different firmness joined together on a super king base. See if you can try it out, here in the U.K it is possible to have a mattress for weeks sleep on it and send it back if not suitable.

@trick60 great work, can I be put on your jobs to be done list after you have built @SaskiaKC bed, Mrs MC can find you lots too fix.