What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 6.2 not good after fish fried in butter but I did also eat a handful of walnuts and 4 squares of Lindt 90. I havent eaten any chocolate since Christmas and am wondering if it is now a no no. I have two bars left so will use them up as slowly as I can.
@gennepher fab FBG the chicory sounds promising. Thank you for the rose which is a fully blown rose to me in its last glory before the petals float to the ground. I have a designated rose bed and love them. My late mum who was a talented gardener always said roses are easy to grow and look after so you also made me think of her. @trick60 I love the sound of an oak beam above the fireplace really my sort of thing. When/if we move you might get a call ;). I so hope @ianpspurs is enjoying his first day at the new home and is making lots of plans and not doing too much too soon.
Have a great Saturday everyone. Batten down the hatches for storm Ciara. Most importantly, stay well, stay safe.
Thank you @PenguinMum for the rose compliment :)
You have a good day and weekend.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good Morning and another higher than wanted reading 6.3 for me.

@gennepher Admiration for your Still Life Art, I'm not very accomplished or feel relaxed with Still Life painting or Portrait art come to that, great rose.

Granddaughter, oldest is 9 today so birthday party time later.

Spread good will and achieve much today.
How is Moet today?

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and another higher than wanted reading 6.3 for me.

@gennepher Admiration for your Still Life Art, I'm not very accomplished or feel relaxed with Still Life painting or Portrait art come to that, great rose.

Granddaughter, oldest is 9 today so birthday party time later.

Spread good will and achieve much today.
Thank you very much @Muddy Cyclist
And @geefull as well.
Enjoy the weekend:)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...such a hard day at work yesterday got home around 10:40pm shattered...follow up phone calls until 02:00...kittens were charging around until after 01:00 corralled them & herded them into their bedroom...more phone calls this morning now all done so another coffee then to try & make the place look habitable for midday when the gardener is coming to look at the hedge...hoping very much he won't take one look at it then baulk at the prospect...beasts fed & watered it's very quiet no sign of them worryingly quiet down here likely they have 'locked' themselves in their room (again) when chasing one of the catnip mice behind the door...about to drag myself upstairs to release them...no testing this morning cant be bothered...second coffee brewing

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
Nice painting of rose today. @dunelm 3.8 and flat lining? Are you dead?
I'm sure some posters would sell their mothers and pets for a reading like that. That reading for me would mean I was in serious trouble and could possibly be acting like a sensible adult!

Yesterday's reading was 6.6 and this mornings was 7.3 ahh the joys of a Mrs J's roast pork dinner.

Well folks whatever the day throws at you, pick up a crowbar and give it a wallop back, you could borrow my crowbar, but it was confiscated. Something about not being trusted.
Have a great day.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from the wild and wacky microverse of Birmingham - well this little bit at the very least.

The wonder wheel of turkey burgers topped with eggs and the suspicion of putting too much ice into a glass of perfectly good scotch came in at 3.8 this am and has been pretty much that way all night.

The grandchildren (twins Chaos and Mayem and their sister Little Miss Pamplemousse) are sitting round the dining room table watching an episode of Peppa Pig and eating breakfast cereals. Little Miss Pamplemousse has already declared that going out for lunch and a visit to the swing park are absolute musts for today.

For those of you who like graphs and the deep delving of statistical analysis you might want to dive into these thoughts on reversing T2 and some of the factors involved; https://optimisingnutrition.com/2018/12/28/how-to-reverse-type-2-diabetes/

Have as wonderful a day as you can, you can’t pour from and empty cup so take care of yourself first.

View attachment 38425

Cheers for the post
A most interesting read

Informative About the food regime timings
Quite surpassed OMAD wasn't top pick.
I do 2MAD... Usually breakfast/brunch and dinner. (6/7pm)
Might try the breakfast lunch now, though, for a week or so..

IMG_20200208_095909~01.jpg

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Going down...

Why?

Not sure, but I did read what several of you posted about inulin. But I don't eat the kind of food you can put a spoonful in. I don't sweeten tea or coffee. So I had a think. It's derived from chicory, so I am thinking that I used to drink chicory coffee...Camp coffee it was. Looked it up, but it has sugar in it I think.

So I looked up an organic chicory. Ordered it, and thought about when to take it. I think timings of food and drink is important, not always specifically what we eat.

So randomly I decided to take a mug of chicory before I went to sleep. The jar suggests 3 heaped teaspoons, but I thought first of all, that jar is not going to last if I use that much and it might be a bit strong. So I started with one level teaspoon in a mug of hot water. I liked it like that.

I have been doing this about 5 days now at bedtime.And my morning fbg has been coming down.

I don't think I have ever been 6.3 for fbg before.

I will keep you updated on my thoughts on this.

Now for my painting today. A red rose. Mostly done with a palette knife. A4 sized. Acrylics.

I despaired as I was doing it. It looked nothing like a rose, more like a begonia. Then I slapped a bit of orange on, blended it, then in s*d it mode I slapped some white on the petals and walked away.

When I came back with a cuppa, hey presto, it looked like a rose. I am sure the fairies had a go with improving this while I was away making my cuppa...

View attachment 38423

Have fun
Have a great weekend
Hugs for anyone who wants one
Take care

Really liking that..a blood rose, to my untrained horticultural eye, but then @PenguinMum , nailed it's true place beautifully.

Nice thinking on the chicory coffee.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
so an FBG check, and i'm now, to misquote a Clint Eastwood movie...

NO..NOT the last one in the Good, the Bad, & the Ugly...:***:
(well maybe some mornings..;) ......ok most :woot:..happy now :bigtears: )

Mid Plains Drifter, of course, silly.
R-4432321-1493658176-6306.jpeg.jpg

a pleasing 5.5% on the navii, after i made myself a mix of left over stir fry veg, some stir fry veg mix of sweetcorn, sugar snap peas & broccoli..and a Chinese curry mix that i bought ages back, alongside a tiny bit of chicken fillet from the day befores chicken curry.

Curry was simply water and the curry powder, mixed. 4 mins in microwave..ok as a flavouring, not a patch on the real deal, and smelt nicer then it actually tasted but it was fine and palatable...would use again.
halved the portion recommended..15g and 150ml of water instead, put in cup and spooned on a few scoops..might half the portion again next time, left half in cup)

and ONE big Heineken.....yes, weak..i know..:sorry:

BUT been good most of the week (apart from tuesday obv,.. and yes, yes maybe wednesday..Thursday doesn't 'really' count..and Monday was AGES back..:bigtears:)

AND besides....it was FRIDAY...:D:D:D

Checking my trends on Mysugar and the codefree + Navii..taken a while but it all seem to be trending lower and back in the 5's, now since i got over the hump of the holiday* and the looong journey back

( *Vietnamese food didn't agree with me as much as the Indian cuisine did..think way more noodle and rice, less meat in the dishes..
Missus a food dictator.."we ARE in a Foreign Country !.. you WILL eat THEIR Food !!"..type thing,..so early on i caved and tried and tested,,but it wasn't good..each day it climbed higher
so i HAD to pop that bubble early on and do what was best for me..:stop:

she was fine honestly, i do paint her worse then she is..

(PS..she's standing over me...h.e.l.p...:wideyed: )

trending
navii 5.6 (30 days x24 tests)
Codefree 6.4 (30 days x 54 tests..not used since navii except to cross check like today occasionally)
Mysugr 30 days 6.1

Last edited:

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Morning...such a hard day at work yesterday got home around 10:40pm shattered...follow up phone calls until 02:00...kittens were charging around until after 01:00 corralled them & herded them into their bedroom...more phone calls this morning now all done so another coffee then to try & make the place look habitable for midday when the gardener is coming to look at the hedge...hoping very much he won't take one look at it then baulk at the prospect...beasts fed & watered it's very quiet no sign of them worryingly quiet down here likely they have 'locked' themselves in their room (again) when chasing one of the catnip mice behind the door...about to drag myself upstairs to release them...no testing this morning cant be bothered...second coffee brewing
Here's wishing you a relaxing afternoon, @HarryBeau. Sounds like you deserve it.:)

Reactions: HarryBeau

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 this morning. I am glad to be back at the headwaters of Six Rivers Falls. Yesterday the troops retreated back up into the hills -- but it was only a maneuver -- (and that will teach me to feed them bread!!!).
I am having tea for breakfast this morning, because the other night I dreamed that some man walked into my kitchen and helped himself to my last Twinings teabag. !!??!!
This morning I sat and stroked the KittenCat and watched the clouds pass in review before the moon, and then I wrote a poem about it. And now I'm enjoying my tea and about to read the Morning Posts.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Going down...

Why?

Not sure, but I did read what several of you posted about inulin. But I don't eat the kind of food you can put a spoonful in. I don't sweeten tea or coffee. So I had a think. It's derived from chicory, so I am thinking that I used to drink chicory coffee...Camp coffee it was. Looked it up, but it has sugar in it I think.

So I looked up an organic chicory. Ordered it, and thought about when to take it. I think timings of food and drink is important, not always specifically what we eat.

So randomly I decided to take a mug of chicory before I went to sleep. The jar suggests 3 heaped teaspoons, but I thought first of all, that jar is not going to last if I use that much and it might be a bit strong. So I started with one level teaspoon in a mug of hot water. I liked it like that.

I have been doing this about 5 days now at bedtime.And my morning fbg has been coming down.

I don't think I have ever been 6.3 for fbg before.

I will keep you updated on my thoughts on this.

Now for my painting today. A red rose. Mostly done with a palette knife. A4 sized. Acrylics.

I despaired as I was doing it. It looked nothing like a rose, more like a begonia. Then I slapped a bit of orange on, blended it, then in s*d it mode I slapped some white on the petals and walked away.

When I came back with a cuppa, hey presto, it looked like a rose. I am sure the fairies had a go with improving this while I was away making my cuppa...

View attachment 38423

Have fun
Have a great weekend
Hugs for anyone who wants one
Take care

That is beautiful. Thank you for posting it. And thank you for posting the story about your painting it and then going to make your tea.
I also was interested to read what you wrote about chicory. There is an old tradition in the US South of putting chicory in coffee (or drinking chicory instead of coffee).

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning/evening folks,5.8 on the dice. Fitting an old oak beam above the fireplace today, weighs a ton and will have to bury it a bit in the wall because of the twist in it, it's going to be messy.

Hope the move went well @ianpspurs

Have a lovely day all.

I hope the work went well.
What is your new avatar a picture of?

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Here's wishing you a relaxing afternoon, @HarryBeau. Sounds like you deserve it.:)
Thanks dogslife introducing the kittens to 'Plumpy' at the moment slightly tense but going okay...garden man due soon after that it's feet up...sofa...later several large Gin & Tonics.

Reactions: Ryhia

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
How is Moet today?
He's doing Ok, have him on a starting dose of Youmove for his stiffness, he seems to be coping with not being able to see, we just have to remember when out walking that he will bump into things if on his lead. Thanks for asking.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks dogslife introducing the kittens to 'Plumpy' at the moment slightly tense but going okay...garden man due soon after that it's feet up...sofa...later several large Gin & Tonics.

I hope it all goes smoothly and the garden man trims the hedge just the way you want it.
t6036.gif

It's still dark outside here and I think your feet-up day sounds like a wonderful idea. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I saw a mattress online last night. It's a little over my budget but there wasn't a single negative customer review, and everyone had graded it 100% on almost everything. I've never had a memory foam mattress, but I may have to splurge and get this one ... the ad just looked so inviting ... yawn ...

mattress.jpeg

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I hope it all goes smoothly and the garden man trims the hedge just the way you want it.
t6036.gif

It's still dark outside here and I think your feet-up day sounds like a wonderful idea. :)
Thanks Saskia...the meeting went much better than previous ones Charlie actually made contact with him twice then went for a snooze on his chair...Lola will be a harder nut to crack...garden man coming back Wednesday to cut the hedge & remove the hedge debris...so now can relax a little lunch a quick tidy then feet up resting with a classic old film...hope you & KC have a good weekend.