What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

geefull

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
good morning all :)

4.8 for me today

and it's still chucking it down with rain here after a whole day of rain yesterday, we'll probably go out for lunch today, I have to deliver an amigurumi owl I was asked to crochet for someone from a kit she won in a raffle , I've never made anything like it before but it turned out pretty well I think, I hope she likes it :)

We managed to get some weed and feed put down on the lawn at mum's yesterday, there is a fair bit of moss creeping into it so we're also going to aerate it (when it eventually stops raining :D ), then we'll add some more grass seed.
We all got pretty wet walking the dog yesterday but it was worth it to see her bounding about in the wet grass and enjoying herself :happy: then she'll get her coat clipped on Wednesday which will help her with the heat (assuming we get some more ;) ) and with the drying off period after 'puddlehound' walks.

@ianpspurs hugs, it's enough without being creaky too isn't it? :)
@poemagraphic well done indeed and well deserved ;)

Hope your day treats you kindly :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Is that bikkie level for you? Felt a hug was appropriate as a reminder to myself as much as anything else T1 and not all T2 should be as low as some of us want to be. Have a great day and hope you are well in the happy shiny people range by now.
not quite ian but thanks for the hug im getting used to the lower numbers more now although still makes me feel shakey sometimes if my reading was that going to bed i would eat for anything 6 and under :)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thanks gennepher...when I first began to see him it was a nightmare...now we have a really good working relationship...I shall miss him when he does leave.

It does take time to build up that relationship.
Your assertiveness in getting to see him paid off.
:)

>^..^<

Reactions: HarryBeau

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It does take time to build up that relationship.
Your assertiveness in getting to see him paid off.
:)

>^..^<
It's a tough learning curve gennepher...I had no need to go to my GP in London for years...moved here wasn't even registered with a GP for the first three years...then I suddenly got very ill...after the acute phase of treatment the regular GP appointments & their procedure came as a shock...nothing like the NHS I remembered...you have to learn how to get what you need when you need it...sometimes it's hard work.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It's a tough learning curve gennepher...I had no need to go to my GP in London for years...moved here wasn't even registered with a GP for the first three years...then I suddenly got very ill...after the acute phase of treatment the regular GP appointments & their procedure came as a shock...nothing like the NHS I remembered...you have to learn how to get what you need when you need it...sometimes it's hard work.
It is.
I remember when my baby son was very ill in the late 1970's, our GP came to the house. Despite the urgency, it was important for our GP, an elderly gentleman, to be smartly well dressed with waistcoat and pocket watch, long jacket, and immaculate white spats on his highly polished shoes. I had to carry my son from upstairs to downstairs, and literally lay my nearly lifeless son out on my dining room table so he could be examined....the doctor was good...and my son is a strapping adult now...but that doctor was from another era...and I have never ever had a dining room table since then...

You only have to blink now and systems have changed completely, and you have to work them out, and you don't even know the terms used in order to work them out. Sometimes I feel too old now...I would like stuff to stay the same...

>^..^<

Last edited:

Goacher55

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Good morning chums

A later than usual start so I reached for my little testery box and I was greeted by a 5.1.. I followed this with my usual end of testery strips pot start of new testery strips pot and it was 5.4. Same blood spot, same tester, different pot. It’s a blue sky kinda day today. So the world is positve I was also brave and stood on the tell me my weight things and 3 lb lost so it’s a great start to maths gcse day 1

Have a nice day peeps kim xx

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning chums

A later than usual start so I reached for my little testery box and I was greeted by a 5.1.. I followed this with my usual end of testery strips pot start of new testery strips pot and it was 5.4. Same blood spot, same tester, different pot. It’s a blue sky kinda day today. So the world is positve I was also brave and stood on the tell me my weight things and 3 lb lost so it’s a great start to maths gcse day 1

Have a nice day peeps kim xx
Good news about testery thing - 5.1 is the keeper - and speak your weight box. Maths GCSE day 1 was always nightmare for a few students. Year 11 form tutor days like those could be interesting. Hope all goes well logistically. No fire alarm pranksters - as if the little angels would:angelic:

Last edited:

Cumberland

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Foodwise Nuts & Mushrooms (Vomit)
Got my results

HbA1c 74 up from 64

BP 128/78 okay

Cholesterol 6 up from 4.3

Weight 86.9 kg down from 88.7

ACR kidney function 30.5 up from 22.2 that’s my knackered kidneys

eFGR 65 exactly the same as last test

Pretty dire HbA1c

Seeing diabetic nurse tomorrow

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Got my results

HbA1c 74 up from 64

BP 128/78 okay

Pretty dire HbA1c

I hope the meeting with diabetic nurse proves useful and doesn't dampen your indomitable spirit. Really hope the next set of figures from you are a better reward for all the effort and positivity your posts show. Go well mate.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Got my results

HbA1c 74 up from 64

BP 128/78 okay

Pretty dire HbA1c

Hugs x
>^..^<

Reactions: Cumberland

johnpol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sorry for the lateness of my post (I was actually busy at work this morning!!!) a 6.9 greeted me at the window to our sugary life today. And I have been chasing the Blood Sugar rainbow all day today as it has been on a steady climb. 8, then 13, then 15 have now just checked it and it is down to 8. seems I have a fluctuation going on, but nothing I can't handle (oh and a shed load of insulin). Enjoy what is left of the day everyone.

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@Cumberland I'm sorry you didn't get a better report today. I hope your meeting with the nurse tomorrow goes really well.

giphy.gif

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry for the lateness of my post (I was actually busy at work this morning!!!) a 6.9 greeted me at the window to our sugary life today. And I have been chasing the Blood Sugar rainbow all day today as it has been on a steady climb. 8, then 13, then 15 have now just checked it and it is down to 8. seems I have a fluctuation going on, but nothing I can't handle (oh and a shed load of insulin). Enjoy what is left of the day everyone.
Do you think your levels might be affected by the warmer weather John? It cant be easy to manage that. Hope it improves and soon.