What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning...sitting here freezing despite the brilliant sunshine...let the beasts out for an early morning jaunt in the garden can't close the door as they get scared so they have another ten minutes then it's back in...enjoying watching them explore get excited over leaves twigs & Harry's chew toys...it's all perfectly innocent ATM dreading it when they 'up' their game and want to bring home presents...they are on half rations so far just hungry enough to tempt them back in for a plate of food...so numbers down slightly to a 6.3 always time for more coffee.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I had a bad morning reading at the doctor's- 11.2.

I haven't been testing or taking particularly good care of myself, especially where carbs are concerned. I didn't eat any carbs yesterday, so the result seems odd, but could my liver have been storing them up for a while?
You are right about the liver storing the glucose when we eat a lot of carbs. I had a fatty liver 20 years ago from all the excess carbs I was eating. Plus more than likely a fatty pancreas - although the doctors didn't check that.

When I started low carb 4 years ago the blood sugars took a while to go down - so you may be finding the same thing. It definitely wasn't instant for me.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.9 this morning. Probably from too much protein yesterday evening. Had a huge portion of liver and bacon yesterday with kalettes cooked in butter It was lovely. We have not had liver and bacon for years. Will definitely be having it again but probably not such a giant portion.

Maybe a bit too much Montezuma chocolate also during the day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@PenguinMum - I am not that good with pasta - I have managed to eat a very small portion that I cooked the day before and then put into the fridge over night to reduce the carb hit.
The passatelli last night calls for bread crumbs in the dough mix so I substituted them for almond flour. The other ingredients are just parmesan cheese, egg, a grating of nutmeg and a bit of lemon zest. Tonight, the tagliatelle will be replaced with courgettes, played on a mandolin and added to the sauce at the end for a minute or so.
Ah ok now I understand. I am the same. I have occasionally eaten the crispy cheesey pasta bits stuck to the dish prepped for the family and paid a high price. I also find courgetti makes a great alternative with Bolognese. I thought I would check in case there was a trick I was missing!

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 today which is good for me. Noticed nice stretch in the evening yesterday which is welcome after two awful storms. Echoing @trick60 my heart goes out to those people whose homes have been flooded. The most basic human need is to be able to come home and close your door behind you. The old saying an Englisman’s home is his castle. But Boris doesnt think it merits a Cobra meeting, not an emergency.
Hope you all have agood Tuesday. Stay well, stay safe.
And gave hs2 the go ahead when this money (over 100 billion) could be put to so much better use! Gutted watching the flood footage on Twitter. All those poor people. And their animals.

Reactions: jjraak and SaskiaKC

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 7.2
Going down again.

See if I can post this before Storm Ellen arrives and causes more disruption...
My friend in Holland tells me Storm Ellen is causing havoc there. Though the met office might give Ellen another name if she arrives on our shores. How about "Go Away"...

My painting for today...another messy one.
A4 sized. Charcoal and Graphite (using fingers) and white paint.
Still working on my messy workspace...

View attachment 38742

And in front of this workspace (which is actually on an antique wooden carved chest!), is one of J's sea paintings.
He only did this one of these rougher seas (he only liked to do calm seas), but no one bought it. Anyway we were in Fleet, and it was the end of the week and he was disappointed no one had bought it. So when he went for a wander, I wrapped it up, hid it, and popped the money in the box. When he came back I told him I had sold it. Oh where are they he said, I want to talk with them...was it a man or a woman he said? Oh I can't see them I said, it was a man...
Well you get caught out with lies don't you....
I framed it and hung it up in a room that was not used. Of course J went in it. It turned out he was so pleased that I had bought it, but was cross I had paid for it, and said he would have given it to me. So, I said no when he wanted to give me the money back, and said I was glad I had bought it! He was laughing..

View attachment 38743

Looks murky outside. We have rain...
Take care...
Be good (not)...
Have fun...
Hugs if needed...
What a wonderful story....

Reactions: HarryBeau

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad the lyrics were useful. Right now any small wins/useful deeds are like my flood defences against a rising tide. That comment was more important than you could possibly know. Thanks. Now I need to log off and lurk - quit while I'm ahead style of thing. (loved the painting and the story - thanks for sharing)
Edit: To clarify. I am happy with my faith and my life in general but this woe and its impact just feel badly wrong; ringing all sorts of alarm bells atm. I won't knowingly self-harm.
You are doing your very best to understand your body. You could not try any harder. You will get there.

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today, I prefer it lower but hey ho.

Today I found out I have been blocked by the enemy on Twitter. DUK. looks like the truth is hurting. It won't stop me. It will just make me even more determined.

This next week I will be looking at starting to put together my reply to them re my complaint. Although not sending until I've done more experiments with their guidelines. This was my first test. Quite shocking! How they can encourage starchy carbs beats me!!!

Winds have died down here. We escaped carnage but other areas sadly didn't. Very sad to watch.

Hope you all have a good day. I'm decorating BILs this week. He is doing well after a bad year. He doesnt like my low carb cooking though. And tells me! I dont like it myself ;-)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-190852_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-190852_LibreLink.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 234
  • Screenshot_20190930-084350_Drive_resized.jpg
    Screenshot_20190930-084350_Drive_resized.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 256

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 today, I prefer it lower but hey ho.

Today I found out I have been blocked by the enemy on Twitter. DUK. looks like the truth is hurting. It won't stop me. It will just make me even more determined.

This next week I will be looking at starting to put together my reply to them re my complaint. Although not sending until I've done more experiments with their guidelines. This was my first test. Quite shocking! How they can encourage starchy carbs beats me!!!

Winds have died down here. We escaped carnage but other areas sadly didn't. Very sad to watch.

Hope you all have a good day. I'm decorating BILs this week. He is doing well after a bad year. He doesnt like my low carb cooking though. And tells me! I dont like it myself ;-)
It looks like you are now classified as public enemy No. 1 by DUK. You are obviously very dangerous as you are exposing the rubbish science touted by DUK.

Great that you escaped damage from the wind. Funny that your BIL has convinced himself that you don't like low carb.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Today I found out I have been blocked by the enemy on Twitter. DUK
To be expected Debs they obviously see you as a challenge in some respects it's a feather in your cap...foolish DUK there are more of us who will keep asking the same questions...they can't avoid us...well done keep the pressure up it's working you've rattled them...don't forget to mention you've been blocked for asking perfectly reasonable questions.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Consider it a medal Debs. So they are really not interested in helping Diabetics live well and achieve remission, makes me ask what exactly are they for?

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
They won't like me when I'm mad ;-)
My latest post (1st of many me thinks) posted on DUK Facebook page!

I see to have upset you DUK on my Twitter. You blocked me. Is it perhaps because I suggested you scrap your high starchy carb (carbs turn to sugar) low fat (loaded with sugar) advice and suggested you change it to advising people to LOWER carb intake and choose healthy fats to avoid THIS! Which the majority of those reversing type 2 do!

This was day 1 of following your type 2 eating plan. I not only didn't make it to day 2 but didn't finish day 1 (this is what 2 slices of seeded toast did and to follow it by eating a 2 slice sandwich as you suggested I felt would be very detrimental to my health, plus 5 fruits and veg spread across my day causing my insulin to be en guard constantly).

Are you trying to make us poorly! Keep us ill! You are walking prediabetics right into type 2. And type 2 to a shortened life of meds and complications.

Have you collated the results of your recent questionnaire 'how did you get into type 2 remission'? I'm sure the results will be conclusive. It won't be high carb low fat for sure! That's why you class it as progressive.

Diabetic forum members say 'avoid the current guidelines, monitor your blood sugars regularly to see which foods suit you and lower your carbs!

You have a donate button on each page. For research into how to beat it. Why dont you start by listening to us diabetics?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200217-190852_LibreLink.jpg
    Screenshot_20200217-190852_LibreLink.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 254

Debandez

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
To be expected Debs they obviously see you as a challenge in some respects it's a feather in your cap...foolish DUK there are more of us who will keep asking the same questions...they can't avoid us...well done keep the pressure up it's working you've rattled them...don't forget to mention you've been blocked for asking perfectly reasonable questions.
I'm doing just that, in between my Sainsburys shop. Keep stopping and starting. It's taking me hours to get tonight's dinner!!

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm doing just that, in between my Sainsburys shop. Keep stopping and starting. It's taking me hours to get tonight's dinner!!
It appears I've been keeping the wrong company Debs...they've blocked me from their twitter account too it's getting interesting now!

Last edited:

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I am not going back!
I was the only customer in there @Muddy Cyclist so that means I get all that passive stuff....
I have never seen any other customers in there as I have driven past. But that was only in the morning and afternoon....I cannot vouch for evenings...

Maybe the restaurant is a cover for their real business, like the laundry on The Man From U.N.C.L.E., or the laundry fronting the betting parlor in The North Avenue Irregulars.