What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 5.3 today which is good for me. Noticed nice stretch in the evening yesterday which is welcome after two awful storms. Echoing @trick60 my heart goes out to those people whose homes have been flooded. The most basic human need is to be able to come home and close your door behind you. The old saying an Englisman’s home is his castle. But Boris doesnt think it merits a Cobra meeting, not an emergency.
Hope you all have agood Tuesday. Stay well, stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Yay @PenguinMum fantastic fbg - if the wind has dropped hang out the bunting. My dashboard has nice green lights for sleep score, resting pulse and weight. In an imperfect world that will just have to do. https://genius.com/Bob-dylan-shelter-from-the-storm-lyrics Hope the lyrics are useful for you @gennepher since I am too often less mindful of others Bit late but I've only just opened the box with this song in it:angelic: (Verse 4 has an eerie resemblance to my LC journey this last 18 months - maybe for ever, who knows)

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Nice one @trick60 , a little scouting then mosey on back down to the plains..star

nuts for breakfast yesterday, so looking forward to dinner last night

Ate WAAAY too much of it though..:***:

TWO quarter pouinders, lettuce, cheese, bacon,
some bread (tiny bits) to replace the bun, mushrooms and homemade relish
(chopped toms, chopped chilli and chopped onion, a little tom sauce)
a tad more then the 2.0 mmol expected,,....won't be doing THAT again in a hurry

so after a unsettled night, again, (might start looking into a paper round, if there is still such things)

at dark o'clock i scored a satisfying 5.3.....a few rows back from eh good seat overlooking the
fourbidden zone, admittedly....but happy with that score..:D

Talking about the fourbidden Zone, i was very surprised to be down there yesterday morning time

I was feeling a little 'off'..felt like the old fake hypo..so i checked.
yep..running at 4.1..EEK :***:..,don't think I've been that low since i started testing..

deffo something going on, numbers keep dropping and i'm trending down since Jan where i was recovering
from the holiday carb hangover

maybe my bodies is now coming to terms with the fact...:

* AM NOT TRYING TO KILL IT.
* it WILL get fed EVERYDAY..
* AND thank you but I really DON'T want that BOOST in the morning,.:banghead:

Either way, the scores on the doors are pleasing to me.
just need to learn HOW to tie down the greedy gros mangeur, lurking within me
ready to pounce unannounced occasionally..:rolleyes:

happy day everybody..
and just remember

wpid-funny-cat-meme-work-21a.jpg

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.2
Going down again.

See if I can post this before Storm Ellen arrives and causes more disruption...
My friend in Holland tells me Storm Ellen is causing havoc there. Though the met office might give Ellen another name if she arrives on our shores. How about "Go Away"...

My painting for today...another messy one.
A4 sized. Charcoal and Graphite (using fingers) and white paint.
Still working on my messy workspace...

7AF6252A-02D8-41B9-92E5-2E9AB5668A3C.jpeg

And in front of this workspace (which is actually on an antique wooden carved chest!), is one of J's sea paintings.
He only did this one of these rougher seas (he only liked to do calm seas), but no one bought it. Anyway we were in Fleet, and it was the end of the week and he was disappointed no one had bought it. So when he went for a wander, I wrapped it up, hid it, and popped the money in the box. When he came back I told him I had sold it. Oh where are they he said, I want to talk with them...was it a man or a woman he said? Oh I can't see them I said, it was a man...
Well you get caught out with lies don't you....
I framed it and hung it up in a room that was not used. Of course J went in it. It turned out he was so pleased that I had bought it, but was cross I had paid for it, and said he would have given it to me. So, I said no when he wanted to give me the money back, and said I was glad I had bought it! He was laughing..

C69DB642-7C9C-4262-9BE8-D7977D41079E.jpeg

Looks murky outside. We have rain...
Take care...
Be good (not)...
Have fun...
Hugs if needed...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 7.2
Going down again.

And in front of this workspace (which is actually on an antique wooden carved chest!), is one of J's sea paintings.
He only did this one of these rougher seas (he only liked to do calm seas), but no one bought it. Anyway we were in Fleet, and it was the end of the week and he was disappointed no one had bought it. So when he went for a wander, I wrapped it up, hid it, and popped the money in the box. When he came back I told him I had sold it. Oh where are they he said, I want to talk with them...was it a man or a woman he said? Oh I can't see them I said, it was a man...
Well you get caught out with lies don't you....
I framed it and hung it up in a room that was not used. Of course J went in it. It turned out he was so pleased that I had bought it, but was cross I had paid for it, and said he would have given it to me. So, I said no when he wanted to give me the money back, and said I was glad I had bought it! He was laughing..

View attachment 38743

Looks murky outside. We have rain...
Take care...
Be good (not)...
Have fun...
Hugs if needed...

c69db642-7c9c-4262-9be8-d7977d41079e-jpeg.38743

FABULOUS PICTURE..really LIKE it.
and such a loving gesture by you.

he was truly blessed.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yay @PenguinMum fantastic fbg - if the wind has dropped hang out the bunting. My dashboard has nice green lights for sleep score, resting pulse and weight. In an imperfect world that will just have to do. https://genius.com/Bob-dylan-shelter-from-the-storm-lyrics Hope the lyrics are useful for you @gennepher since I am too often less mindful of others Bit late but I've only just opened the box with this song in it:angelic: (Verse 4 has an eerie resemblance to my LC journey this last 18 months - maybe for ever, who knows)

Thank you very much for considering me. I appreciate it @ianpspurs
The lyrics are useful.

AF636C38-8A75-4C0B-B4E0-42580FAA0745.gif

Reactions: Barb McD

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.3 today which is good for me. Noticed nice stretch in the evening yesterday which is welcome after two awful storms. Echoing @trick60 my heart goes out to those people whose homes have been flooded. The most basic human need is to be able to come home and close your door behind you. The old saying an Englisman’s home is his castle. But Boris doesnt think it merits a Cobra meeting, not an emergency.
Hope you all have agood Tuesday. Stay well, stay safe.

Congratulations for the 5.3 @PenguinMum
812DAD5E-D2DF-40F0-B278-92B1B4FAB3F2.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you very much for considering me. I appreciate it @ianpspurs
The lyrics are useful.

View attachment 38744
Glad the lyrics were useful. Right now any small wins/useful deeds are like my flood defences against a rising tide. That comment was more important than you could possibly know. Thanks. Now I need to log off and lurk - quit while I'm ahead style of thing. (loved the painting and the story - thanks for sharing)
Edit: To clarify. I am happy with my faith and my life in general but this woe and its impact just feel badly wrong; ringing all sorts of alarm bells atm. I won't knowingly self-harm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Barb McD and jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning from a sort of “I’m still a tad angry but I do fancy a tantalizing hint of the sun” morning in the dark and dangerous north.

The wonder wheel of “we can use our now redundant potato ricer to make Passatelli in Brodo” sat on the fence at 4.5 this am.

I have my IPad sat on a stack of box files on the kitchen work surface as sitting down is still a bit hit and miss and although the exercises to stretch the piriforis are going on, it’s a matter of laying on the floor to do them at present and then using a sofa as a climbing frame to get back up - oh joy of joys, pass me some more pain killers. Maybe next week I will pass the floor exercises and be promoted to the more difficult chair ones.

As I am easing myself out of my carnivore experiment I have taken to adding just a bit of veg to a wodge of protein. Last night was the Parmesan and beef stock laden Passatelli in Brodo and tonight will be creamy courgette and bacon pasta with a mountain of parmesan and a bit of lemon. Moving to a more vegetarian style (I wanted vegan but Mrs Miggins decided that was a bit of an ask at present) we discovered that there are “grades” of vegetarianism. We have found that Lacto-Ovo-Vegetarians eat eggs and dairy so that’s good. Also, as bacon is the whole reason that humans exist, we will become Lacto-Ovo-Lardum-Vegetarians. Which is good, those chick peas are just rammed with carbs and tofu - is that really a thing?

Have as wonderful a pre-international bin day as you can, koffy calls and so do the floor exercises.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all who inhabit alternative realities, remember you are not alone, when SETI is sorted for this reality perhaps it can start on others. Artists and we have a few on this thread must have a mind set that crosses realities and I'm grateful they post their work on this thread, some nice pictures today. Must not forget our lay preacher and Robert Zimmerman fan who also posted a good track today.

Well a 5.8 this morning this meter is still on probation and it knows it.

Well folks I hope you have remembered it's pre bin day today. Do your plans involve mischief today me and me's hope so.
Have a great day.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm hope the exercises really help sounds like quite a discipline! You always turn out great fbg numbers so wondering what sort/quantity of pasta you can tolerate. TIA. I love good meat but I also enjoy non meat days so I am with you on thatbut cant bear the idea of “fake meat” so I wouldnt be any good as a Vegan.

Reactions: HarryBeau

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@dunelm hope the exercises really help sounds like quite a discipline! You always turn out great fbg numbers so wondering what sort/quantity of pasta you can tolerate. TIA. I love good meat but I also enjoy non meat days so I am with you on thatbut cant bear the idea of “fake meat” so I wouldnt be any good as a Vegan.

@PenguinMum - I am not that good with pasta - I have managed to eat a very small portion that I cooked the day before and then put into the fridge over night to reduce the carb hit.
The passatelli last night calls for bread crumbs in the dough mix so I substituted them for almond flour. The other ingredients are just parmesan cheese, egg, a grating of nutmeg and a bit of lemon zest. Tonight, the tagliatelle will be replaced with courgettes, played on a mandolin and added to the sauce at the end for a minute or so.

Reactions: HarryBeau

Geordie_P

Type of diabetes
Type 2
I had a bad morning reading at the doctor's- 11.2.

I haven't been testing or taking particularly good care of myself, especially where carbs are concerned. I didn't eat any carbs yesterday, so the result seems odd, but could my liver have been storing them up for a while?

Reactions: Barb McD

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had a bad morning reading at the doctor's
I've let my control slip several times Geordie who hasn't...11.2 at the doctors office likely there was a certain amount of stress involved which may have influenced the number...you just have to do the best you can when you can.