What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morning and 5.5 for me today, that's a much better number.

Granddaughter day so lots of fun, indoors I suspect as it's very wet.

But wasn't the temptation and eating of the fruit the whole purpose of some deities plan for life on earth to test us poor souls, free will and all that? Sounds a little too idyllic for my tastes but then I'm no theologian. Loved the photo of the rig you posted, alathough over here in the U.K. You would be hardpushed to negotiate many of the smaller country roads, still fab though.

@trick60 hope your last day in Coventry goes well.

Make good use of your days no matter what it throws at you.

I don't know; I guess my theory would be that He knew it would happen but hoped it wouldn't.

Talking of negotiating country roads, the small-town apartment manager recommends using moving trucks shorter than 40', in order to negotiate the turn to the delivery entrance at the back of the building.
Since it appears the offer of the pickup truck and 2-horse trailer has apparently been withdrawn, I will probably rent the sort of truck or van I posted about some days ago. The van looks a little like Wilfrid without the pop-top.

I hope you and granddaughter are having fun today. I would love to see you do a painting of Dorothy Sayers' cloud boulders. :)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning All. 5.6 for me today. Rushing out soon to help No 2 son and GF to move into their house. Dozen filled rolls, pizzas, teabags, Diet Coke LC lunchbox for me all prepped, plus packed my cleaning bucket with a selection of tools and potions, loo rolls, and so much more ready to go. Just waiting for my lift. Good practice run for the ZA.
Have a good Friday everyone. Stay well, get better, stay safe.
Will check in with you tonight.

Have a wonderful time, and please come over here to help me when I move! :) ;)

SaskiaKC

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.4 this morning, indicative of nothing but my meter's mood, I guess.

upload_2020-2-28_8-14-54.jpeg

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning...a solid seven hours sleep unheard of for me I intend to make good use of it...lots to do but coffee first...then coffee second too!...peeing down here at the moment...coughing like a good 'un but at least managing to cough so that's a plus...woke to a 6.5 gone down a little hoping for more progress on the BG this coming week.

A good nights sleep is wonderful isn’t it? Hope the coughing doesn’t keep you awake in the next day or 2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Heya, new to this thread, I heard here I get to chat about cats ^.^
Since I started insulin and have to get up at 7.40 every morning (even the weekend) my two are thrilled as I usually feed them first before I check my blg and then get my insulin.

I'm on a very low dose of 5units of lantus at the moment and just been told that is not much at all and I may be fine without it. I did notice a difference in my energy (and blg...) though, so it must do something.
Still awaiting doctors appointment for antibodies test, hopefully in 1 week if Corona doesn't wreck the whole country by then. Definitely miss my exercise a lot
Again cats are super happy I am staying home and cuddle with them all day

Hi Sgathach yes this is a very friendly, chatty place, lots of cat chat - dogs welcome too - we are an equal opportunities thread!
Good luck with your antibody test next week.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Welcome.. And thank you for leading me into my little post...

Sure we've all had that ONE guest that while nice to have, just begins to get a little TOO comfortable, and begins to take just a few liberties with your generosity as a host... Right.

Well I guess we had it coming..
Sleeping ala Trickster, on the back of the couch.

I give you 'Home Invader' Exhibit A, M'luds.
View attachment 39001

:happy::hilarious:
Lovely cat. Reminds me of one of the cats I used to look after for my neighbor. One of them was every reluctant to come into the house, the black used to be in at every opportunity. We had obviously become part of his territory.

HarryBeau

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A good nights sleep is wonderful isn’t it? Hope the coughing doesn’t keep you awake in the next day or 2
Absolutely DJC...I have my Fisherman's friends lozenges for the coughing reluctant to take anymore sugar laden cough/cold remedies for obvious reasons...crossing my fingers for the weekend.

Reactions: jjraak

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope you and granddaughter are having fun today. I would love to see you do a painting of Dorothy Sayers' cloud boulders. :)
Grandaughter is in excess talkative mode so Mrs MC is giving my ears a rest by creating stuff. Re clouds, watch this space but in the meantime here is today's effort, A4 proper tubes of watercolour paint 1hour 30 minutes.

IMG_2688.JPG

IMG_2690.JPG

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 4.7. I have never ever had two fbs readings in a row in the 4s - so quite amazing.

Very late posting because I had to go to Norwich for my 6 month dentist check up. Which is an hours bus journey each way.

I didn't post earlier because my Professional Body sent an email last night with guidelines for keeping class members safe regarding the Corona Virus. So I composed a text for all class members (23 classes) with the guidelines instead of reading everyone's posts over breakfast.

I was then able to use the journey time to text everyone - so not a wasted morning. Got lots of replies back - which I had to answer. Now need to get ready for classes which start at 5pm

Dentist was fine - nothing needed doing.

Am back home at 9pm - so am looking forward to sitting and relaxing and reading the forum later this evening.

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
28-02-2020
Woke early 6am. Firmly told my body to go back to sleep. Astonished. it actually did. Woke next at 8.16.
FBG 5.2. maybe the extra sleep helped.
Feeling a bit off. Headachy and sore throat. Don't want to cook. Lump of cheese, CWC, handful of nuts. Call it breakfast.
Shopping today. LC will be easier after that.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Another 4.7. I have never ever had two fbs readings in a row in the 4s - so quite amazing.

Very late posting because I had to go to Norwich for my 6 month dentist check up. Which is an hours bus journey each way.

I didn't post earlier because my Professional Body sent an email last night with guidelines for keeping class members safe regarding the Corona Virus. So I composed a text for all class members (23 classes) with the guidelines instead of reading everyone's posts over breakfast.

I was then able to use the journey time to text everyone - so not a wasted morning. Got lots of replies back - which I had to answer. Now need to get ready for classes which start at 5pm

Dentist was fine - nothing needed doing.

Am back home at 9pm - so am looking forward to sitting and relaxing and reading the forum later this evening.

What a productive morning! Great fbg again and great news re dentist. I have to back Monday for the other half of my mouth to be tortured.
Out of interest ( my old professional microbiologist head popping up) what guidelines did your governing body put out?

Muddy Cyclist

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
28-02-2020
Woke early 6am. Firmly told my body to go back to sleep. Astonished. it actually did. Woke next at 8.16.
Feeling a bit off. Headachy and sore throat. Don't want to cook. Lump of cheese, CWC, handful of nuts. Call it breakfast.
Winner for FBG good one, but a hug for feeling under the weather.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
28-02-2020

And in reverse order a hug for the sore throat etc and a winner for the FBG :)

Reactions: HarryBeau

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oooh that's a beauty :D
I have a house panther too and a chonky ginger boy ^.^
Welcome to our friendly corner where we like to talk about our cats, dogs, horses etc. And their escapades. I have Daisy (mainly white, some black) and Bobs (mostly black with white chin and toes). I am a sucker for a ginger cat after having a super boy in the past.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Have a wonderful time, and please come over here to help me when I move! :) ;)
I would be so happy if I could Saskia. But I would hope that your previous occupant wouldnt leave the water from the sink flowing into the cupboard underneath after ripping out the washing machine connection or leave the inside of the fridge and cupboards so dirty that it would take 4 hours to clean or leave no light bulbs or a load of food wrapping in the garden. I really hope your new apartment is clean and welcoming.

Reactions: DJC3